Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I was wondering, could anyone tell me a bit more about hypnobirthing? I'm not really sure it's for me, but would like to know a bit more before i write it off...

Hypnobirthing is basically using simple affirmations and relaxation to prepare for childbirth. It allows you to manage and minimise pain and worked so well for me I swear it should be available on the NHS. I'd say try it, you've nothing to lose and everything to gain if it works for you. I used the book and cds (on loan from another member).

Good luck to all who're close and congrats to the new mums. I'm just popping in right now, life is lovely but hectic here so I'm not online much.

I got a hypo cd off a friend & I did it earlier for the first time! I did it with dd too & I did stay very relaxed throughout my labour with her!

I was wondering, could anyone tell me a bit more about hypnobirthing? I'm not really sure it's for me, but would like to know a bit more before i write it off...

Gosh I wouldn't know where to start. When I first started it I thought it would be a good way to keep me calm in the hopes of having as natural a birth as possbile. Now that I'm really in the middle of it I realize not only can I totally do it naturally but I was built to do it naturally. I went from being a person who had to be in a hospital to give birth to one who is now having a home birth and a water birth. Though the waterbirth was always something I wanted actually.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have on hypnobirthing. Do some googling on it to get the overall view.

I used Natal Hypnotherapy with my first, both for conception (after 3.5 years of trying we conceived the first month I used it) and for the birth (27 hours of full labour with no pain relief other than a TENS machine and water). Needless to say I'm a big fan. :) I used the classes as well as the CDs, but there is also a book out now that wasn't around when I was pregnant with my daughter which covers a lot of the content of the course. It's called 'Effective Birth Preparation'. I've been listening to the pregnancy relaxation CD at home every since I got my BFP and I'm just about to pop the birth preparation one onto my MP3 player to listen to now I'm in the last trimester. I can't recommend it highly enough!

Wishing you all the best!

Gina. x

:hi:
Just popping in to let you all know that I had my homebirth!

Finley Thomas was born on Monday morning (8th) weighing exactly 9lbs!

:happydance:

He is just perfect, will post birth story as soon as I get the chance!

Sammi xx

:hi:
Just popping in to let you all know that I had my homebirth!

Finley Thomas was born on Monday morning (8th) weighing exactly 9lbs!

:happydance:

He is just perfect, will post birth story as soon as I get the chance!

Sammi xx

That's so great!! I can't wait to hear everything!

Just realised I've not been i here for aaages! Congratulations to all the new mums!

My birth pool arrived this week, all seems so real now! Hopefully will get around to doing a trail run in the week which is just as exciting :haha:

Then I just have to hope and pray that even with the kerfuffle over my scan dates being completely wrong that I make it to 37 weeks! I'm not hopeful tbh, my midwife is insisting that my dates can not possibly be wrong :(

Long story short, my scan date says I conceived the day before my VERY dark BFP which was 2 weeks after I last DTD!! So I'm trying to tell her that I'm 1-2 weeks ahead of my scan dates AARRRGGHHH! Which means at 37 weeks, I could be as far as 39 weeks, and my last 3 children got progressively earlier at 39+5, 39 then 38wks!

Ladies, I am selling some hypnobirthing stuff (book and CD) on here if anyone is interested! Great and I can highly recommend if anyone is interested? xx

Ahh I bought the natal hypnotherapy CD's, I di start listening to them every day while awake like you're meant to.. but the last few weeks I've found myself using them to get to sleep each night! :haha: They're VERY relaxing!

I used loads with Caine but I am always asleep this time before I put them on, or I put it on and it sends me off in 5 mins :rofl: I read the book every night tho! x

Well my homebirth has deffinatly gone out the window. My waters went yesterday so im booked in for induction in 11 days if nothing happens before then

bummer lozzy!On the up side.. wont be long til you get to cuddle LO tho!!

sorry your hb is a no go lozzy. I do hope labour starts naturally over the coming days though so you don't have to be induced. You'll have your baby with you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->