Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

A tip for those of you in the uk, my midwife said to pop to millets or somewhere and buy a ground sheet to save carpets, especially for a pool, but we went to poundland and picked up a couple of their plastic shower curtains. We only used one in the end, but it worked really well and covered a large Area next tothe birth pool/pool sheet and we just put towels down on top & cream carpet saved! Much cheaper than a groundsheet!

That's what we did too. :thumbup:

oooo never thought to go to Poundland (Or in my case our brand new PoundWORLD!! hahahaha) I was just going to pop into argos to grab some. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup:

I know im thinking ahead but i was meant to have a HB with this baby but things didnt go to plan just before the labor so i went straight to hospital. Well when i saw the MW when my baby was a few days old she knew i had planned for a MW she told me next time i wouldnt be allowed a homebirth, becuase i had a 2nd degree tear and baby was 9lbs 12oz is this the case or does it depend how the next pregnancy goes?

I know im thinking ahead but i was meant to have a HB with this baby but things didnt go to plan just before the labor so i went straight to hospital. Well when i saw the MW when my baby was a few days old she knew i had planned for a MW she told me next time i wouldnt be allowed a homebirth, becuase i had a 2nd degree tear and baby was 9lbs 12oz is this the case or does it depend how the next pregnancy goes?

Always, always, always depends on the next pregnancy. Though no matter what they'll most likely try to force you into staying in the hospital. But even if in your next pregnancy your predicted to have another 9lber it is your right, and your right ALONE to say where you want to give birth. They can advise all they want to but they can not say no. Most try to, they try to scare you into thinking they're in charge, but it's not the case.

I'm so sick of doctors and midwives saying things like "you're not allowed" "We won't let you do that" "You have to come in because there are no midwives available" It's all a load of poo.

I know it's awhile away, but when you do go for baby 2 and you don't feel listened to by your midwives or doctors then visit this website. https://www.aims.org.uk/. Since I've been introduced to AIMS and all their handy dandy books I've become more confident in telling my half-wit midwife what I want. :thumbup:

A tip for those of you in the uk, my midwife said to pop to millets or somewhere and buy a ground sheet to save carpets, especially for a pool, but we went to poundland and picked up a couple of their plastic shower curtains. We only used one in the end, but it worked really well and covered a large Area next tothe birth pool/pool sheet and we just put towels down on top & cream carpet saved! Much cheaper than a groundsheet!

My MW actually told me to get shower curtains - maybe yours had shares in Millets?! :haha:

NB: don't open the shower curtains before the day :)

Something my mw told me, I presumed it was for hygiene reasons, so they are fresh out of the pack. I bought a couple, had to lie on one to deliver placenta and both MWs were glad it was unopened :shrug:

My son was 10lb 5oz and i'm having a home birth this time round, they (consultants, actually just 1 in particular) have been kinda cagey cos he was so big and this one is likely to be big but i have said i want a home birth regardless and pointed out that stats show a larger baby is more likely to get stuck in hospital due to less active labour etc. All my mw's have said since i have had a 10lb 5 baba thru my pelvis i will be fine!!!

I did tear but not sure how bad it was, i'm assumin as i don't know it wasn't bad :shrug:

My MWs in my previous home birth said use an old shower curtain as it will be covered up with drapes/bed pads anyway but its there 'just in case' I actually got told off for buying a new one (but I did since our old one was pretty skanky!). Also don't get polyester; get PVC; my sis got polyester and it was porous and blood soaked through and ruined her bed!

My son was 10lb 5oz and i'm having a home birth this time round, they (consultants, actually just 1 in particular) have been kinda cagey cos he was so big and this one is likely to be big but i have said i want a home birth regardless and pointed out that stats show a larger baby is more likely to get stuck in hospital due to less active labour etc. All my mw's have said since i have had a 10lb 5 baba thru my pelvis i will be fine!!!

I did tear but not sure how bad it was, i'm assumin as i don't know it wasn't bad :shrug:

My sister had a 10lb 4oz baby boy (how do you do it?! :flower:) They wanted her to induce for the next one as it was also a boy and they mentioned your second boy is usually bigger (actual fact in that at all?) He ended up only being 8lbs 9oz. I suppose still biggish. But nothing after 10'4!!!

Am loving all these shower curtain tips!

I am just getting really excited about the birth now...!

I think me and my OH are booking into a Calmbirth workshop in December (if they are not too full) - can't wait!

I had my HB assessment today!! All is set, I just need to buy my protective stuff for my bed and some ground sheets.

Wow where has time gone? It seemed like I had forever to wait to go out and buy these things...but time really has flown!

Not long for you now Nikki-lou! You'll be so well prepared, having already had one homebirth.

We have just booked in for our hypnobirthing classes! They don't start until the New Year, so can't wait for that. I really hope it will give me more confidence, because I've been wavering a bit over the last week.

Ah had my re-scan yesterday and it was far better than last week, uterus has righted itself and we could see baby perfectly.

Lying in textbook pose for NT measurements and then being very laid back with hands behind head and then a little jiggle and sucking thumb (well hands by face lol).

Posterior placenta this time too, was a bit concerned it would be anterior again and the consultant would use that as an extra excuse against HB as it may cause trouble with my scar.

Been given a due date of May 13th now which married up with the average CRL taken last week.

...so Friday May 13th it is lol!

Friday, the 13th is always a lucky day for me :D or at least i am usually in a good mood that day :flower:

Twice me and my now husband met on friday the 13th! So its a lucky day for me too :)

I have the m/w coming out to do a home assessment on 19/11 - after being told last time by the other m/w that they don't do that lol. The only thing I can think they might not be happy about is my bedroom is downstairs and the bathroom is upstairs - is that likely to be a problem? I'm probably being daft now lol, just hoping everything is ok!

I'm measuring bigger now too, 34 weeks at 31+1 but the m/w didn't seem worried - just told me it won't be a small baby. Hope they don't start getting their knickers in a knot over that either lol. At least I'm getting the home visit over with now and not next month when we're up to our ears in Christmas stuff!

I was wondering, could anyone tell me a bit more about hypnobirthing? I'm not really sure it's for me, but would like to know a bit more before i write it off...

Ah got my 20 week scan date...xmas eve lol hoping it'll be a good xmas gift!

Aww what a lovely scan date :) will u find out the sex or stay team yellow?

I'm lookin into birth pools! I decided not to have one but I can't stop thinkin about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->