Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I wash it out with hot soapy water and then sterilise with Milton fluid :) Deflate and pack it away for next time :winkwink:

Hello lovely ladies, I'm just starting to think about a home birth and really love the idea! think i'm going to sign up for one next time I see my midwife all being well :D
I'm due April 5th and having a little boy, he'll be my first! :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

Hi Caro!

I have been wondering about emptying and cleaning the pool too! We are hiring one from our midwife...the midwife group at the local birth centre has a few they lend out for free. Hopefully they have some instructions!

We have our Calmbirth course next week - can't wait! I really think/hope it will be a great asset in attempting our home birth...

That's sooooo good that MWs are loaning them out for free or a nominal fee!! I am in the process of setting up a Home Birth Support Group in my area and I'm thinking about raising funds to buy a couple of pools to loan to home birthers. :)

That's sooooo good that MWs are loaning them out for free or a nominal fee!! I am in the process of setting up a Home Birth Support Group in my area and I'm thinking about raising funds to buy a couple of pools to loan to home birthers. :)

Yeah, it's awesome! We were so happy when we heard that. They are so supportive of home/water/natural birth there, so it's great that they have some practical things like birthing pools they can offer.

That is a great idea about raising funds with your Home Birth Support Group - what a fantastic resource that would be! :thumbup:

I borrowed my birth pool from the lady I did hypnobirthing with. She was so awesome to let us borrow it. Only thing is she said we need to sterilize the hoses after each time we use them. Anyone know how I would go about doing this?

Can you use milton sterilising stuff maybe? Or run some strong vodka through! :winkwink:

Milton fluid. Fill a clean bucket with it and attach the hose to the water pump. drop the pump in the bucket and pump it into the sink.....et voila! Repeat till you are happy :D

hey everyone , im expecting baby number 3 on 18th Feb and hoping for 1st homebirth .

well i say hope , id like to have a home birth OH is not convinced mess etc - you know mens thoughts.

anyway due to my last 2 babies being pretty quick i am paranoid about being here all by myself when the big day comes .

oh works min 45 mins away and mom etc are a similar time , DS2 was done and dusted in 90 mins so if they do get quicker as people say then oh may not make it here in time .
i told my midwofe this and she said i best book a homebirth because then they will send me 2 midwives , if i dont book and just go into labour apparently i just get sent an ambulance.
oh seems happier that if he is not here 2 midwives would be here , however if he is here he wants me to go to the hospital ... i am still working on that part though ;)

Much better to plan a home birth and choose to got to the hospital than have an unplanned one. As the MW said if it's planned they just come straight to you and if it's no they are sending an ambulance! x

Much better to plan a home birth and choose to got to the hospital than have an unplanned one. As the MW said if it's planned they just come straight to you and if it's no they are sending an ambulance! x

def yea :)

wow quick labours! hope i'm as lucky :)

Got a feeling you ladies are gonna be a great help! xx

Milton fluid. Fill a clean bucket with it and attach the hose to the water pump. drop the pump in the bucket and pump it into the sink.....et voila! Repeat till you are happy :D

You ladies are fab! :hugs:

Bit random but can someone remind me what oil I use for perineal massage? And how exactly I'm supposed to do it? Dtd today, first since bfp, and feel like I've given birth so I reckon my old scar needs a little attention!

We use almond oil brought straight from the grocery store. When I looked up perineal oil most of it was all almond oil anywho. :)

Hi everyone!!
So tickled we have our own part of the site now! And sorry for not posting so very much on the recent months etc - my DD is very active, and now a year old (I can't understand how quickly it has gone!?)

Huge congratulations to everyone who has had their babies since I last check in on here! :happydance:

Well i'm back on here expecting baby no 2!!.. and would like to bring this one into the world at home too!

If we are still doing it, can I be put down for the 18/07/11?

Brilliant to have all your support again - Lisa, I don't know how you find the time?? You are supper-mum I sware! :thumbup:
xxx

Omgosh!!!!

https://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/barbcat13/Blinkies/Celebration%20Blinkies/congratulations_graphics_07.gif

I am sooooooo pleased to see you back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Attachments

• congrats.gif
    congrats.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member