Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I can't believe the stat about adequate food being so LOW, although after my previous hospital experiences I do agree! I am cooking so much comfort food in my last week and putting it in individual portions in the freezer. After 8 hours of labour last time, the last thing I wanted was a flimsy sandwich! lol

I can't believe the stat about adequate food being so LOW, although after my previous hospital experiences I do agree! I am cooking so much comfort food in my last week and putting it in individual portions in the freezer. After 8 hours of labour last time, the last thing I wanted was a flimsy sandwich! lol

I didn't even get that. 35 hours, plus another 12 before the consultant came to see us and because I'm veggie there wasn't even a sandwich.

gosh some of the stats are quite scary! only 28% of all births are vaginal without epidural or drugs in my area!

4.5% are home births though which is nearly double national average and of home births planned over 90% actually happen at home! thats pretty good going :)

Ohhh did I miss this stat somewhere? The one about how many actually happened? Could you point me to where you say that one? Or did you see it somewhere else. I only saw the percentage of homebirths in general on the stat list.

it was in the same list of where they say about percentage of home births, possibly a bit further down the page. Maybe each area is a bit different!?

not liking this lack of food your all talking about! must make sure theres a stash in a bag too just incase hb doesn't pan out!

btw does it annoy you when you menation to someone you're thinking about having a hb and people just pull a face!? as if its the worse idea ever! where's the support out there! :dohh:

Congrats Bournefree on your BFP - It was your birthing story that convinced us (well me really, then I worked on DH for a while lol) that a homebirth was definitely what we wanted.
Unfortunately I never got mine due to a baby who was too happy being in utero haha.

Wow time sure does fly past, doesn't it?

Congrats again xxxx I am so jealous xxxx

Sorry it's taken me so long to update the first page - I've been quite sick and only just back up on my feet, feeling rather battered but ok now!
Welcome to the newbies and congrats on your pregnancies. Quite a few due late March now - wonder who will go first?!
Huge congrats to PB on your little girl! Such wonderful news!

Could you please update my details on front page when u get time?

Alexander James born at home 23rd november weighing 7lb 5oz - my second amazing homebirth :happydance:

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/483721-my-very-quick-homebirth-story.html

There's my birth story for anyone interested :flower:

no worries Nikki-lou - have been keeping an eye out for your birthstory before I updated. Reason being is that if someone posts "I had my baby last night etc." I am in the southern hemisphere so dates are different and worry with my pregnancy brain block I tend to get I'll put the wrong date down so wait until I see a birthstory.:dohh: Congrats again!

What's been wrong kiwi? Baby ok? Hope you're feeling better.

I've just had a nasty cold and cough. All the coughing caused me some really sore stomach muscles which worried me but everything with baby is fine - think he must of been comforted by the almost constant movement of the womb with my coughing, he didn't seem bothered at all! Thanks PB! :flower:

Just as I updated Nikki - noticed you're the only one (that I can see) that's achieved a second homebirth on the front page! :thumbup:

Ooh am I!? How cool! I just can't think of a better place to birth my babies :happydance: I'm a homebirth addict :blush:

Thankyou for updating :flower:

Glad it was nothing too serious kiwi. Are your muscles ok? Mine have already split possibly courtesy of my physio appointment taking 4 months to materialise :wacko: so my coughing is pretty uncomfortable.

Congrats on your homebirth doubler nikki!

Congrats Bournefree on your BFP - It was your birthing story that convinced us (well me really, then I worked on DH for a while lol) that a homebirth was definitely what we wanted.
Unfortunately I never got mine due to a baby who was too happy being in utero haha.

Wow time sure does fly past, doesn't it?

Congrats again xxxx I am so jealous xxxx

Oh thank you so much!!! That is really nice to hear. I do tell anyone that asks, that our birth experience was a positive one... as otherwise sometimes all women seem to hear about are the dramatic/horror stories! - Lets all put home birth out there (.. perhaps we can stop the funny looks; or is that wishful thinking?!~) I can't believe it has been over a year either!! Big congratulations on your LO!! :happydance:

And you too Nikki-lou!! :hugs: You were such a great support to me and all the other mums planning a home birth>! I'm going to sit down with a nice cuppa and have a good read of your birth story.
xXx

Oh thank you so much!!! That is really nice to hear. I do tell anyone that asks, that our birth experience was a positive one... as otherwise sometimes all women seem to hear about are the dramatic/horror stories! - Lets all put home birth out there (.. perhaps we can stop the funny looks; or is that wishful thinking?!~) I can't believe it has been over a year either!! Big congratulations on your LO!! :happydance:

Flood the Earth with positive birth!!

Congrats nikki-lou! I am at work now but when I get home I am totally reading your birth story.

I agree, let's put positive birth stories out there! There are so many negative ones to contend with - I find people keep wanting to tell me how awful it was for them. I don't want to deny them the right to share that, but we need to balance it up so it isn't so scary!

My partner and I went to our Calmbirth workshop in the weekend - it was great and if you are in NZ/Australia I thoroughly reccommend it! It has left us both feeling really excited and confident about our home birth, and just confirmed even more that I have chosen the best birth option for myself and my baby. So excited now! But still three months to go!!

^ The pregnancy magazine that I just picked up recommended that course. How much is it where you are?

^ The pregnancy magazine that I just picked up recommended that course. How much is it where you are?

It was $350 (NZ) for us....I know that isn't cheap, but it was two full days from 9.15-6pm, with snacks provided - and what we got out of it was definitely worth the money! (No, I am not being paid to promote the course! :haha:).

Happy to answer any questions you have about it :flower:

It's your duty!! Imagine if women like us were telling everyone how wonderful it can be?!! The tides are turning girls and we are all on the crest of the waves!!!

It was $350 (NZ) for us....I know that isn't cheap, but it was two full days from 9.15-6pm, with snacks provided - and what we got out of it was definitely worth the money! (No, I am not being paid to promote the course! :haha:).

Happy to answer any questions you have about it :flower:

What is the outline of Calmbirth? I am doing a hypnobirthing course through positive births which cost us $395 and includes 6 night courses, books, cds and ongoing support. We were not in a position to pay upfront but the tutor is so keen on everyone being able to attend if they want to that she's allowing us to pay $20 a week until it's paid off. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->