Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I love how established this thread is that people are back for a 2nd time!! wonderful :D

I love how established this thread is that people are back for a 2nd time!! wonderful :D

I know!! I cant believe it's almost a year since I started the group thinking I'd be talking to myself!! I love reading how I got my hubby to come round to me having a HB and think how fab it is that he tells anyone who'll listen how fantastic home birth is!! :cloud9::cloud9:

I had my scan today and assuming it's correct, I'm expecting a girl! Please update the first post. :D

I remember at the beginning when I got my bfp and was considering home birth, I read the entire thread and it reallly convinced me I was making the right decision :D As soon as anyone else mentions HB on other threads I send them this way!!

I had my scan today and assuming it's correct, I'm expecting a girl! Please update the first post. :D

Huge congrats on a little girl PB!!!!!! One of each huh! The millionaire family I think someone once described it.....or did I read that....:lol: Either way it's lovely news :happydance:

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum, 24+6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child I have a dd aged 5 who was born in hospital with epidural but luckily was still a svd!
I'm currently in my 2nd year of midwifery training and am planning to have a home waterbirth- I'm passionate about normal birth and home birth and think this thread is great and really supportive :thumbup:
Can you please add me to the stats

pg#2 boy due 23/03/2011,
Thankyou look forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi luna! Our EDD's are only 5 days apart...mine is 28/3/11 :flower:

Welcome Luna! It's always nice to have another midwife (even if it's in training) around to pick their brains. :flower:

Thank you so much for the "home coming" messages everyone!
and welcome Luna!

I just been looking throught the stats for my new/old area - as we moved just before our first baby and gave birth in Hampshire instead of Bournemouth as planned. We are now back in Bournemouth so I'm checking them out again this time with stats from 2009 availiable.

So here is a great site for everyone to see how there NHS authority is doing for HomeBirths, transfer rates, inductions, c-sections etc.

https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/BirthChoiceUKFrame.htm?https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/HCSurvey.html

Very interesting indeed! - lets hope some of us will push up the stats for HomeBirth in 2010 and 2011! :happydance:

ooh thanks for that link bournefree! looks like my trust is performing well :D fx'ed pregnancy cobtinues to go smoothly so can aim for a hb! x

Welcome back, Bournefree. I still lurk and will definitely be aiming for a home birth (hopefully water) next time around. I'd forgotten about that link (new computer since I originally saw it). We moved to Kent when Jack was 2 months old. Not such good news - our local trust is only fair performing. Eeeek! I guess I'll be squeezing all the good care I can get out of them. What's nice is the trust I work for is listed as better performing (shame they're planning on closing my SCBU, the consultant-led unit and the paediatric ward and moving it all to another hospital, leaving in it's place a birthing centre alone - I think the birthing centre is great but just wish it was in addition to what's already there, as I feel taking the other away affects women's choices [so many would like to try a birthing centre but may change their mind if the other isn't there for backup], not to mention the knock-on effect on planned home births in the area when considering transfers. *sigh* /end rant).

That link is brilliant. It really made me see even more why I don't want to go into the hospital. My only concerns is that my area is really low for homebirths. Below even 1%. I don't know if that's a personal preference thing though or a transfer thing. The EMCS seemed pretty high at my hospital which worries me that they would use it as an easy resort whenever there's a problem. But what I was glad to see was their induction rate was rather low. Meaning they won't push that on you.

I was slightly perplexed to find our trust's birthing centre had 120% of women putting baby to their breast. Makes me wonder exactly how the stats are compiled. I agree with Jenniflower, some of the state could do with further explanation as it's hard to judge without knowing how much of a figure is explained by true personal choice.

I was slightly perplexed to find our trust's birthing centre had 120% of women putting baby to their breast. Makes me wonder exactly how the stats are compiled. I agree with Jenniflower, some of the state could do with further explanation as it's hard to judge without knowing how much of a figure is explained by true personal choice.

Maybe they consider each mum to count as one, so maybe those with multiples would count as extra?

Oh that could be an explanation! I'm a bit dubious of the stats anyway though as supposedly our trust had the best maternity in the country and I had a terrible time much of which was down to hospital policy/neglect.

I was interested to read the stats on sufficient food provision for the mother. The Enfland average was about 75% :shock: Our trust was 80 something putting me in the minority. 35 hours of labour, 16 of those in the hospital where I gave birth at half 11am, you'd think they might've been able to sort me out some food before breakfast the following day. Can't believe the national average is even worse!

gosh some of the stats are quite scary! only 28% of all births are vaginal without epidural or drugs in my area!

4.5% are home births though which is nearly double national average and of home births planned over 90% actually happen at home! thats pretty good going :)

Hi everyone!

That site is very interesting. My area has a very good rate of homebirths apparently, 6.7% which is well above the average! Just hoping I get mine this time lol

I had a m/w appointment today, all is well and my homebirth is on as of next Wednesday :happydance: So my little madam has approx 5 weeks to come out from the 15th, fingers crossed she'll behave!

Hope everyone is well x x

gosh some of the stats are quite scary! only 28% of all births are vaginal without epidural or drugs in my area!

4.5% are home births though which is nearly double national average and of home births planned over 90% actually happen at home! thats pretty good going :)

Ohhh did I miss this stat somewhere? The one about how many actually happened? Could you point me to where you say that one? Or did you see it somewhere else. I only saw the percentage of homebirths in general on the stat list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->