Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

For Amy and the other post-dates ladies:
https://m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...t-for-10-months?cat=lifeandstyle&type=article

Brilliant article, very interesting and well written. I'm going to share it with hubby now and maybe print for my appointment next week.

That is a great article :thumbup:
I can't believe they are using a statistic from 1958 to justify and scare women into induction :wacko:

I know who'd have thought! Glad you all liked it and glad it worked, was bit worried as was on my phone it was the mobile site.

I questioned the significance of the doubled mortality rate after 42 weeks with jenni in a third tri induction thread. My feeling was that there must be so few women who go over that and that probably a good portion of those are likely to be ladies who for one reason or another had not received antenatal care (given the will power required to get that far against medical advice). But that aside a statistic so astonishingly out of date is kind of unbelievable. No doubt that far predates US and ALL the methods used to assess placenta/foetus viability post-dates. My journey along this path has revealed over and over hugely outdated and poorly conducted research used as a basis for nationwide, international, procedures without seemingly any thought to reassess the current situation. It really is astonishing.

Thinking more, in any other field of science 10 years is old research. I am sure it must be the case in most areas of medicine, imagine if our mental health or cancer treatment was based in research in the '50s! Heavens that almost predates the discovery of DNA!

I begin to think, with some more research, it would be worthwhile creating a campaign group for updating medical research in also these 'statutory' areas. It's entirely unacceptable.

I would love an homebirth for this one!!

any books I should read or site I should go to , for more information, I would gladly appreciate

Welcome 9babiesgone. There are lots of links on the very first post of this thread x

Ugh. Fallen out with my brother over that article. He's a botanist and always right and insufferable at the best of times but this takes the biscuit! Seems to think my questioning the validity of research so far predating modern monitoring and antenatal care and technology is ridiculous because he is citing some old research in his work! :dohh: Yes and one of the references I used in my PhD was done in the late 19th century but that was taxonomic work not medicine.

I have written a very scathing reply and told him in no uncertain terms to keep his negativity to himself.

It never helps when my anaesthetist friend pipes up either. Sigh. If she wasn't so lovely in every other way...

I am going to try the cloak of protection in my hypnobirthing today so we'll see if that can help because right now I am very tense, angry and self-doubting despite my best efforts to shrug it off now.

Well the baby show was tiring LOL

Nothing groundbreaking - well I didnt think there would be. Shame there was nothing I could see about hypnobirthing/N.Hypnotherapy. I only saw one stand with TENS machines even. It was all very baby based rather than labour/birth which is a bit of a shame as it would be such a good forum to promote aids to natural birthing.

Meh cant complain - I have to pass many thanks to the Babame ladies who worked their butts off trying to find enough poppered BG v4 nappies for me and failed so gave me a super cracking deal to have what ever colours i want including brights and prints sent to me with free delivery!

The baby shows are sooooo expensive to have a stall at or Doula UK were going to have one and add some natural birth aids in there too. They are literally thousands to get the smallest space at the bigger shows. :(

I know it's nuts, its just such a shame as so many pregnant ladies were there that could have done with some more practical help rather than buy our ridiculous jewellery which we'll etch with your babies name or ludicrously priced toys/clothes/change bags.

I'm still chuffed with 15 BG v4's for under £170 quid. Even better that the mother outlaw paid!

Hi ladies I'm here. So after 62 hours and the worst day of my life the thing living inside of me is now out. Not sure how I feel about it. Still processing a lot of emotions. Obviously didn't get my home birth in the end. Wound up on the operating table for over 2 hours while put under. I have to take a break from here for a while. After reading a few things and even with how amazing you all are I only feel anger and jealousy. Thank you so much for every thing you've done I guess my body is just useless.

Please don’t think this way Jen we all love you - you don’t stop being a part of us
:cry::hugs:

Hi ladies I'm here. So after 62 hours and the worst day of my life the thing living inside of me is now out. Not sure how I feel about it. Still processing a lot of emotions. Obviously didn't get my home birth in the end. Wound up on the operating table for over 2 hours while put under. I have to take a break from here for a while. After reading a few things and even with how amazing you all are I only feel anger and jealousy. Thank you so much for every thing you've done I guess my body is just useless.

:hugs: I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. Your body is not useless hun and sometimes sh*t happens to the best of us :hugs: Definitly do take a break if you need to but if you ever need to talk all of us here are here to listen. :hugs:

Oh Jenni we're all here for you when you want us don't feel that you have to go or aren't welcome at all.

You have not failed at anything, and you are allowed to feel however you want for as long as it takes hun.

I hope you heal well and you grow to enjoy Mummyhood.

Take care missus.

X

No your body is not useless. Jenni be kind to yourself. You know were I am if you want to talk. x

Oh Jenni I have been thinking about you, please do not feel useless your body is amazing it has nutured and made your baby. No matter how much we invest or plan birth is so individual and nobody knows what is going to happen or how our babies will eventually arrive. Be kind to yourself and please talk to someone about how you are feeling you do not need to face this alone.

Jenni, we are here for you. Be kind to yourself and take time to grieve. You are a strong woman and a spectacular mom. Xoxoxo

:hugs: jenni! You are not useless. Don't let anyone tell you that, especially yourself :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->