Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

That's such lovely news!

But I do hope she has lots of support at home cause she must be exhausted!

Brilliant news about Jenni!!!! It must be so nice to hold Pheobe in her arms and finally get to see her beautiful face.
XxX

Congratulations Jenni, I agree with kandykinz, she must be exhausted after 60 hours! xxxx

:shock: wow 60 hours! thats stamina! congrats again jenni xx

Jenni I sympathize I was in labour for days...contracting painfully enough not to sleep or eat well from xmas eve then he arrived on Boxing day-27th Dec.

It is a long time to be doing it but worth it (eventually! LOL).

Congrats hun!

Aww congrats Jenni!! :D 60 hours :shock: I was only in labour 9 hours and that was enough for me lol

Ive not had chance get on here for ages! Nothing new to report from me.. had a lovely AN meeting with Lisa (MMum) last night.. looking forward to next one in 2 weeks and then meeting my little girl :happydance:

My iron levels dropped to 9 at last check up so still trying to get that up, other than that all is well here.. 5 weeks to go til DD!

xx

Hi guys, tentatively dipping my toe in here... I was aiming for a homebirth last time but madam had other ideas and I was induced, she was born 16 days late. I am desperate to avoid that happening again: while I cannot fault the midwives on the delivery ward, the maternity ward before and after was horrific and I was utterly exhausted, demoralised and let down by the whole process. I was in tears lots, because noone gave me clear answers and I was ignored for most of the time I was in there, yelled at my healthcare assistants once La was born for not waking her to feed (noone ever told me to!) and not keeping her cotton wool sterile (!). I got no sleep on the ward with all the other women and babies, I hated husband having to go home and leave us alone (I was terrified!) and I hated waiting hours to be allowed to leave, just because noone had time to sign a bloody form.

The actual labour was very painful, not helped by the drugs used to induce me. I had a failed epidural and no G+A for pushing so managed with no pain relief in the end.

I would really, really like to get the home birth I want this time. To be in my own surroundings, to have food and my own bed around, my own TV and music etc - I just know it will help. Also I can then have more people around me, I hated only being allowed 2 in the hospital (although we did break the rule anyway!)

I am only tentatively in here because I am so newly pregnant but I hope to stick around and have a positive story to tell in 8 months time!!

Hi guys, tentatively dipping my toe in here... I was aiming for a homebirth last time but madam had other ideas and I was induced, she was born 16 days late. I am desperate to avoid that happening again: while I cannot fault the midwives on the delivery ward, the maternity ward before and after was horrific and I was utterly exhausted, demoralised and let down by the whole process. I was in tears lots, because noone gave me clear answers and I was ignored for most of the time I was in there, yelled at my healthcare assistants once La was born for not waking her to feed (noone ever told me to!) and not keeping her cotton wool sterile (!). I got no sleep on the ward with all the other women and babies, I hated husband having to go home and leave us alone (I was terrified!) and I hated waiting hours to be allowed to leave, just because noone had time to sign a bloody form.

Sounds almost identical to my experience. Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope you get your home birth this time. I'm 14 days over tomorrow and hanging on in there for my home birth. Fingers crossed.

Welcome Becstar!!!! Huge congrats honey!!

Welcome to all the new hopefuls! Let me know your EDDs etc and I'll add you to the front page - drop me a PM or I'll forget! :lol:

Kandy - for my birthday (which is not for another week :lol:) I've ordered a home study hypnobirthing pack. There are MP3s and a workbook to go through over 6 weeks. As recommended by MM!

It's a great little budget alternative to the course and the lady who put it together is a Hypnobirthing teacher! :)

Well, I'm 14 days overdue today and not a great deal is happening.

I'm going to try and get the midwife to come and give me a sweep and find out of my cevix is cooperating. It was only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced on Tuesday, but it was central and soft. I went for a 2.5 mile walk yesterday and my and hubby dtd last night so fingers crossed that that will get things moving!

I went for a ctg on Thursday and the MW was totally rubbish. She kept me waiting for an hour and then didn't switch on the read out function on the machine or give me the button to press to record the baby's movements. She also told me not to bother doing a urine or bp test!

When she asked when I was due and I said I was 12 days over she said, "So when are you coming in to be induced then?" I said I wasn't and that was why I was there, to monitor the baby and she asked me which consultant I had bullied into agreeing to that plan! Argh.

I have another consultant appointment on Monday, to be examined with the cord doppler and I guess we'll have to discuss a plan for induction then. Our home birth is looking more and more unlikely by the day :(

Dont think any further forward than today. Only do something because you want to and not because you hope it will start something. If you LIKE 3 mile walks go ahead! But if you dont then curl up on the sofa, eat crap and watch crap on TV. Try to stop trying. So much can happen so quickly. Get through each day at a time. x

What an unthinking fool!!:dohh:
Don’t loose faith just yet!
You are doing brilliantly well hon - your strength has been inspirational
:flower:

Thank you both. The support I have got off the ladies on this thread has been immense and helps me keep going.

The thing was, as I said in an earlier post, I went to the consultant appointment on Monday expecting having to fight to go post dates and keep my home birth plans, but the consultant was excellent and really really supportive. I could have tried, but didn't have to 'bully' him to get my own way at all!

OMG what is it with these people? How do they think that's an appropriate way to speak to someone?

Good luck :) and I agree, just do the things you enjoy doing today :) baby will come when baby is ready - not before no matter what you do

For Amy and the other post-dates ladies:
https://m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...t-for-10-months?cat=lifeandstyle&type=article

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->