Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

That's a perfect example, bourne, the low pain threshold. Low pain threshold, also means low tolerance. See, the way I read it, using the pain example, is that she has a low tolerance for the hospital or being transfered to one. I understand we're all hormonal, but perhaps before jumping the gun and making the assumption, before becoming angered and upset by the comments, asking the midwife to confirm what is meant by the note some might clear some things up?

Here is the medical definition of threshold according to the Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary:

thresh·old definition
Pronunciation: /ˈthresh-ˌ(h)ōld/
Function: n
: the point at which a physiological or psychological effect begins to be produced (as the degree of stimulation of a nerve which just produces a response or the concentration of sugar in the blood at which sugar just begins to pass the barrier of the kidneys and enter the urine) the threshold of consciousness> threshold of pain> high renal clearance threshold > called also limen

By that definition the notes aren't saying her pain tolerance is low or that she can easily be persuaded to transfer to a hospital, but that her response to being transfered, the idea of it is low, is not favourable, ie the idea of transferring is not for her.

That's what I get, anyway

HAHAHA!! I still interpret it the other way around, using the same definition! Though I wouldn‘t equate it to the word tolerance. ;-)

Hey all we CAN say is that it isn't very clear - eps as we are arguing the toss. Lou certainly needs to make her intentions and wishes VERY clear as there can't be any ambiguity in her wishes either in her notes or birth plan.
XxX

Kandy - have you tried everything? Sure he will come round.. try not to make it about sex.. use those womenly wiles to get him.
My OH is easy to pursade with when I'm putting oil or cream on my breasts.. he can be easy to manipulate, as he is such a teenager at times and I don't have to even be doing it in a sexy way! ;-)
XxX

I've tried lots with no luck.... We had the same prob ttc which was even more frustrating for obvious reasons... but even then he`d get 'in the mood`' every 3-4 days.... now it's been closer to 8-10 days and even then I think he's doing it cause it's in the husband job description and not cause he wants too....

I'm just frustrated and sad. I'm doing what I can alternatively to get things moving on my own but I'm still feeling very distanced from him.....

I'm just frustrated and sad. I'm doing what I can alternatively to get things moving on my own but I'm still feeling very distanced from him.....

Thats what happened to me until I broke down and cried to my DH that I felt like there wasn't any warmth to us anymore. Things got much better, though there was still no sex. :nope:

On another note, I had my little girl yesterday. After 3 days of latent labor and 10 hours of active labor though, I couldn't take it anymore and transfered to hospital. Still ended up with a vaginal birth, no instruments though! :happydance: Birth story to follow at some point.

congrats gen :)

I have my meeting with the consultant tomorrow morning - OH is ready and prepared to be as cantankerous as needs be :D I'm actually looking forward to it on the secret, because if they say anything that isn't from medical evidence OH will just argue our case :D he's ace when he does it :D he sees it as a hobby :D

I'll let you all know how we get on!

Great news Gen!

Go for it all guns blazing Gertrude! I'm kicking myself that I wasn't more assertive yesterday :wacko:

Big congratulations Gen - that is excellent news!

Hey Gertrude I know what you mean about being ready and a little excited about having a meeting with your consultant..! Lets hope that you have a good meeting, and be careful what IS written in your notes! ;-)
XxX

LOL Gen! Oh just as a side note I had my baby by the way!

Congrats missus, transfer or no transfer you still did it your way by the sounds of it. Can't wait to hear and see more!

X

congrats gen! can't wait for the birth story.

Goodluck gertrude! hopefully your consult will be more pleasant then what some of the others have experienced recently. I'm quite satisified with how my 'postdates' consult went :D I just said NO and refused to go :thumbup:

i just watched abit of a program called cherry has a baby and on there was a woman having a home water birth. when i first saw it i was so scared of having another baby but this time i cried tears of joy.

really hope i get my water birth, ive also been looking at pools and have decided to buy one and then let it out after so women like u lovely ladies can get a good deal :)

hi everyone

i'm 33wks and planning a home birth. had the mw on thurs and the baby is breech at the moment. she's told me not to worry as she'll prob turn. i wasn't worried, but the more people i speak to, the more i'm worried about her not turning. i'm really worried i'll need a section!!! would be my worst nightmare!!!

anyone been in the same position before??

this is my 3rd baby, as i know that can make a difference on whether baby can turn easier

I think chuck was just commenting on gen's non-chalent way of announcing the birth. I don't think she had her babe yet.

and welcome newbies :D

Both my babies were breech kisywisy :) With my first, we didn't find out until 42 weeks. I had a wobbly consultant who told me he wasn't competent enough to 'let me deliver naturally' so I had a C-Section. This one was breech until 34 weeks. I did lots of visualisation, relaxation and on-all-fours exercises and he turned cephalic, which is where he's stayed (having a scan Thursday to double check though!)

I do know that the hospital I'm booked with this time are much more pro-vaginal breech birth, so I'd feel a lot more comfortable delivering naturally with them if he was breech. Do you know your hospital's position on it? Look at spinningbabies.com for helpful tips - you do have time for him/her to turn yet :)

hi kisy :D
im sure baby will turn, like lousie said there is exercises you can do to help baby get into the right position x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->