Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Sending happy positive labour thoughts your way hun!

Good luck, hope you have an amazing labour and birthing experience :)

Today is moving day for me. I've had less than two hours sleep, every part of my body hurts and I'm feeling hugely hormonal and teary :(

In brighter news though, my new midwife phoned yesterday to tell me that all the wheels are set in motion for my HB. I have an appointment at 9am on weds to get the OK from the consultant, and she's so confident that all will be well, that she's pencilled me in to have the HB kit dropped off that afternoon :D

Right this minute though, all that's making me think is 'Oh my god I'm not ready for a newborn.. Oh my god I have to get an entire house unpacked and completely ready to go within days.. And.. What the hell was I thinking..?' I'm currently praying I have at least another 4 weeks now Haha!

Ooh, good luck anababe!! :)

Hope today isn't too stressful pinkmonki, take care!

xx

Ooooh how wonderful Anababe! Have a wonderful labour and birth! Try some salsa moves in early labour, helps baby move down and eases backache. So excited for you!

Kandy.. yeah, your so right about the cookie-cutter! Lets make individuals!

Gosh Pinkmonki, it's all go round at yours today!!! Hope you have roped in lots of help and you just get to make the tea. Good luck with the move! Don't worry even if you still have boxes all about the place it doesn't matter, as long as you can put your hand on the essential things.. everything else doesn't matter so much. Make sure you have a marker pen or some sticky labels! ;-)

I think my little girl has got chickenpox? She's feeling ok-ish and had a bit of a temp, but sorted that with paracetamol. She's woken up with a rash all over.. but they are so small on her little body I can't tell if they have a blister on them or not, or if it is just too early for them to have blistered. I've contacted the doctors, just in-case I get it - not good to have while pregnant! But I should be immune... that's if pregnancy hasn't completely suppressed my immunity! ;-)

Have a wonderful day everyone!
XxX

Anababes little girl Lydia born 11.03 in water at home just before the MW walked through the door. 7lb 10oz and nothing but water, vimto and rescue remedy.

Brilliant!! I so want to do it before the stupid MWs get here to ruin everything! :lol:

Congratulations Anababe and MM!

Anababes little girl Lydia born 11.03 in water at home just before the MW walked through the door. 7lb 10oz and nothing but water, vimto and rescue remedy.

wheeeee!

Best get some Vimto in if it does the trick like that LOL

I'd love to get things done just before the MW arrived, although i think hubby would be at panic stations!

Really, really not happy. Had the SOM come over today to do the home visit. I had thought it had gone quite well, but now OH is in a proper huff with me for 'not being more forceful', and having just checked my notes I've discovered to my horror that she's put down a load of shite! I honestly want to cry!

OH now feels like I've completely sold out, because I said I'd consent to 4 hourly VE's, and said it was OK to bring gas & air. I also said I'm happy to have unobtrusive monitoring of the baby, and that I'm happy to have my pulse taken regularly. OH was almost in tears after she left. He said he thought it was basically going to be just the two of us, unless medically indicated, and that our peaceful intimate birth is now going to be a free-for-all with constant checks and intervention. :cry: I am genuinely gutted at his reaction.

In my bloody notes, the SOM has written down stuff that I never agreed to.
'Lousielou consents to an episiotomy if necessary'... Err, well yeah - but I did stress only if it's absolutely life-and-death necessary, and not just to hurry things along! She's also put that I've consented to a line in my arm, which I said categorically no to! Plus a shed-load of other stuff we discussed but I said I'd think about. :(

Really, really unhappy now. OH has stormed off in a huff. Would like to go to bed please.

:hugs: louiselou

Can you phone the SoM and say that you didn't agree to these things and get them changed? And then put it in writing so that there's no room for discrepancies?

Oh lou that's awful! Our SoMs seem to have a special way of twisting things. I have a thread here about the birth plan produced after my meeting with the SoM on Thursday. What I would do in your position is write your plan now as you want it to be, append a copy to your notes and send a copy in writing to the SoM on Monday (email too if you can) stating that reading your notes you did not feel it reflected the meeting nor your intentions and therefore you are sending a revised plan. I would write on the green notes that you do not agree to any of it and that a revised plan is attached. Don't take any shit!

WSS. I strongly urge you to get them changed if you are not happy for them to happen without it being discussed first. Consent means they can go ahead if they deem it necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->