Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I see you have a sweet tooth as well, I think I will get some crisps in, and more crisps. I want the buffet spread that MM had for Hebe's 1st birthday party at my labour. Seriously, you should see it..its preety impressive. x x x [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, the boiled sweets was on the midwife's recommendation, and I do love dark chocolate. I like savoury stuff better, really; but I'm just picky. I've got some Sunbites and popcorn on order. And I need to do an American goodies shop. And, yes, I think I'll give the deed another go in the morning.

Oh, I wish I was getting all that, Celesse! I've not lost my plug yet, as far as I can tell. I don't think I've had any contractions. As for the perineal massage, it's so difficult to reach! There's no way I can reach my cervix to even have a feel (I know....I try when I put in the EPO!).

Also, re:work, I'm not sure when I'll go back. I told them I'm taking the whole year, but I may go back after nine months. I'll definitely go back, but I know I'll hate leaving my baby.

I cant recommend any books for Dad's in particular but there are a few links on the OP if you havent already given him them :)

Speaking of jobs, what does everyone do on this thread. I know what MM does, Manda and cupcake..but what about everyone else. Anyone planning on being a SAHM afterwards or going back to work straight after? x x

Nothing exciting for me im afraid - im a Housing and Council Tax Benefit Assessor with local council, pretty mundane stuff but actually quite well paid and good conditions etc. I work full time at the moment, but ive told them im taking a full year off & only doing 16/17 hours a week when I return, cant wait to be at home alot more for my family :) x

Evening ladies, can you add me to the list Lisa? 3rd August due date :cloud9:

Well, today we have made tracks. We have made our Midwife appointment for 1st March and when I mentioned that we wanted to discuss the home birth idea, I got nothing, no reponse, nothing. I might as well have said nothing.

So, we took that as being that they might not be huge supporters so have made inital contact with some private individuals today, the response from all have been very encouraging and just so different to the experience of the NHS midwife and medical staff so far.

There is a Hypnobirthing class starting in March in our town or for a small ammount more, Juliet will do private sessions for us which sound good if we cant make the classes due to Boyos shifts.

We also asked her if she attended births and she said she would happily do it but has not yet in her private capacity as it has just not worked out that way but I have asked her how it would work if we decided to go down that route and am waiting to hear back from her.

It is funny, I said to Lisa earlier, no one had an opinion but now we are talking HB, everyone has. SIL2B said, and I quote, we were "f*****g nutters" and MIL2B although not saying something quite that strong, implied she thought the same. My Mumsy on the other hand is all for it, she knows us, she knows we will do the right thing for us, our baby and she trusts us completeley.....funny how most people react isn't it. Fear of the unknown to them do you think?

Anyway, off to bed now as Squiddy must be having another growth spirt as I am shattered again!!!! :hugs:

xxx

Nothing exciting for me im afraid - im a Housing and Council Tax Benefit Assessor with local council, pretty mundane stuff but actually quite well paid and good conditions etc. I work full time at the moment, but ive told them im taking a full year off & only doing 16/17 hours a week when I return, cant wait to be at home alot more for my family :) x

Oooh, you're one of them! haha Just kidding! :winkwink: I wasn't too impressed with my dealings with benefit related stuff - it took nearly six months for them to tell us we don't qualify for a thing (DH has been out of work for nearly 18 months now; just waiting to get back in the Army at the moment). Apparently, I make enough with my nurse's salary.....ooooh, how that made me laugh. :haha:

lol - i totally understand why you wouldnt be impressed MandaAnda, the whole system pretty much sucks to be honest..
id love not to be going back at all but it was hard enough getting OH to agree to me only doing part-time x

hi MervsMum :)

can you add me to your list please? im due 19th June and on team yellow x

Another slight benefit of a home birth: you don't really need a text buddy to update everyone (if you wanted to), as you're at home - you can do it yourself! And BnB can keep me occupied if I have a slow labour (please, let it be quick!).

I'm a SAHM atm. I was going to train to be a HypnoBirthing Practitioner and doula but after what happened with Jack's birth I didn't feel qualified to go that route (really ought to give birth myself first!). So I am currently in the process of setting up my own photography business doing portraits and events.

On the subject of HPs, my MIL was a maternity nurse for 20 years before training to be a MW. She spent her training years working bank nursing shifts to fund her midwifery degree and even now picks up bank MW shifts to top up her income. I have never known anyone work so hard. It is criminal that the people who are doing such an important job are forced to flog themselves to be able to do it.

I love that we have an NHS, I think the whole concept is wonderful and I am very thankful that it is there, but right now it is broken and in urgent need of revitalisation!

While I was in labour I couldn't focus on the computer. I was glad to have a text buddy who DH could send updates to on my behalf. I was too "in the zone" for most of it!

Which is the same reason I think it is important to still have a birth preferences list written out. Even if there are things you intend to decide upon at the time, it may still be helpful to have in writing what you do and don't want as once labour brain takes over much cognition goes out the window as you just need to focus on one contraction at a time etc. Make sure your birth partner knows what is in your preferences so they can back you up if you are having trouble remembering your preferences.

Another slight benefit of a home birth: you don't really need a text buddy to update everyone (if you wanted to), as you're at home - you can do it yourself! And BnB can keep me occupied if I have a slow labour (please, let it be quick!).

My MWs laughed at me coz I kept coming online - I had to update my facebook etc ;) I managed til about 8cm - then I couldn't be bothered doin very much tbh :haha:

Evening ladies, can you add me to the list Lisa? 3rd August due date :cloud9:

Well, today we have made tracks. We have made our Midwife appointment for 1st March and when I mentioned that we wanted to discuss the home birth idea, I got nothing, no reponse, nothing. I might as well have said nothing.

So, we took that as being that they might not be huge supporters so have made inital contact with some private individuals today, the response from all have been very encouraging and just so different to the experience of the NHS midwife and medical staff so far.

There is a Hypnobirthing class starting in March in our town or for a small ammount more, Juliet will do private sessions for us which sound good if we cant make the classes due to Boyos shifts.

We also asked her if she attended births and she said she would happily do it but has not yet in her private capacity as it has just not worked out that way but I have asked her how it would work if we decided to go down that route and am waiting to hear back from her.

It is funny, I said to Lisa earlier, no one had an opinion but now we are talking HB, everyone has. SIL2B said, and I quote, we were "f*****g nutters" and MIL2B although not saying something quite that strong, implied she thought the same. My Mumsy on the other hand is all for it, she knows us, she knows we will do the right thing for us, our baby and she trusts us completeley.....funny how most people react isn't it. Fear of the unknown to them do you think?

Anyway, off to bed now as Squiddy must be having another growth spirt as I am shattered again!!!! :hugs:

xxx

Sorry to hear that you didn't get much of a response from your MW. Hopefully things go better the private route!

Good luck with your hypnobirthing course! I am still trying to decide between birthing from within and hypnobabies (DH won't let me take both, how mean, lol).

Sorry to hear about the lack of support from your family. We are not telling anyone on either side of our family about HB because we know that they won't be supportive, so we'll tell them afterwards! What can they say then. The only person who knows is my sister and she is totally into it!

Speaking of jobs, what does everyone do on this thread. I know what MM does, Manda and cupcake..but what about everyone else. Anyone planning on being a SAHM afterwards or going back to work straight after? x x

I was a legal secretary but was made redundant when on maternity leave with Maley. Plan to go back to work as soon as possible after this baby as we are not coping financially at all. OH will be a SAHD as he is struggling to find work as a painter and decorator and even if he worked 7 days a week it still wouldnt be enough as we privately rent (I was on 32k a year as a legal secretary). I dont want to leave this baby and feel guilty that Maley has had me for so long as a SAHM and this baby wont but at least i will get holidays and have money for us to do nice things together at weekends. And they will be with their dad not strangers.

[COLOR="Magenta" What snacks are people going to eat during labour? x x x[/COLOR]

I was going to get loads of pre-prepared packs of fruit (the ones already sliced and cut up) especially watermelon to keep me hydrated

please add me to the list Lisa....... EDD 25 April and obviously baby #2 but first homebirth xx

Just come across this in second tri...Yikes!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...t-want-listen-heartbeat-because-high-bmi.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->