Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm a little confused as to why on my criteria for things 'to have' for my homebirth has inco pads on it, I thought the MW's would have provided them? And it seems all your's do! I'm having a pain remembering to look for them when I go shopping, and I'm sure they'll be expensive, I mean it's not like I have a load of other things to buy right now, and with me on mat leave from my self employment it's not like money is free flowing right now! I don't think I'll bother, I have loads of old towels that can be used and thrown straight into a black bin liner (which are also on the list...) stuff it they can use them instead. Slight rant over... I'm feeling rather overly hormonal today, everything is annoying me:growlmad: I need a cuppa...:coffee:

I''m sure you have thought hard about the pethadine... it a tough decision to make, esp when you don't get on with the GnA. I'm sure you know there are serious effects to you and baby.- I totally understand your want to have a pain relief safety net.

You are going to be more relaxed at home anyway, and I know you will think about your hypno, TENS, water, heat, massage first.
Transition is only transient.. I had it bad for about 3 mins (longest 3 mins of my life) I was having a total panic attack and asked my OH to take me to hospital for an epidural. I wasn't even in pain!!!! - I just didn't think I could do it.. and would have done anything to escape as that moment, and simply not be pregnant anymore! But it is a really good sign things are going well! and you get over the otherside, and it all becomes more IN yourself and you let go fo all control, easy-peasey mentally and let your body get on with it - THAT was my favourate bit! ! ;-)
Xxx

Before I went in with Seth Id said I didn't want pethedine AT ALL because of the side affects, but then I changed my mind when they offered me it. Thats why Ive written in my birth plan that it's only to be given if my husband requests it, because then I wont just be asking for it for the sake of it, me & him will have had to have had a discussion about it first and he'll try and talk me round anyway. As for the effects, I know its always different, but Seth was born only about 4 hours after I was given it, and he cried immediately, breathed on his own, his apgar was 9 at birth, he latched quickly and was perfectly fine and healthy. Obviously I know it's not always the case but having seen it makes me think less of those risks rightly or wrongly, I don't know.

Anyway, I don't want it, and Im gonna try my hardest not to have it, but Im really worried if I dont have anything to fall back on Ill just end up in hospital coz I can't cope. I know it's a bit defeatest, but my labour with Seth went from nothing to contractions on top of each other and I struggled to stay calm, Id like to think I wouldn't now, but I can't be sure. So Im gonna get it anyways :) like I said, it was a BIG decision for me but I think Ill do better knowing I have it even if I dont use it :)

Im hoping it will be different this time, and the thing that scares me is that the transition was just coming off the pethedine as well (or at least thats what I think anyways lol), it was one of the worst feelings ever I can't even describe, and Im adamant to avoid it this time :) I don't remember very much at all about his birth and the hour or so afterwards and Im really sad about it, I want to remember this time :)

xxx

I'm a little confused as to why on my criteria for things 'to have' for my homebirth has inco pads on it, I thought the MW's would have provided them? And it seems all your's do! I'm having a pain remembering to look for them when I go shopping, and I'm sure they'll be expensive, I mean it's not like I have a load of other things to buy right now, and with me on mat leave from my self employment it's not like money is free flowing right now! I don't think I'll bother, I have loads of old towels that can be used and thrown straight into a black bin liner (which are also on the list...) stuff it they can use them instead. Slight rant over... I'm feeling rather overly hormonal today, everything is annoying me:growlmad: I need a cuppa...:coffee:

Hugs. Join the hormonal club. I'm really surprised that your MW doesn't bring their own. Although my midwife does bring her own but on the list of bits I need to get together it is suggested that I also get some - but not essential.

I got 3 cannisters of G&A brought and they offered to send for more! :lol: I used just under 2 of them and found just like with Hebe I got through transition and ditched the G&A in a 'right I'm ready, bring it on!!' kind of fashion! 30 mins doesnt sound like long but that would be puffing on it constantly so really we are talking approximately 30 contractions.....

The Mw will bring inco pads but its good to have a few for afterwards to pop on your bed/sofa etc while bleeding is at its heaviest and plus it is good to let your bits get some air in the few days after birth to help heal and plus you get really fed up of sitting on minging pads.

I nabbed a stack of inco pads form the hospital so I could sit on them with no knickers or pads for a while each day - esp good after a bath as you cant really dry thoroughly if you're sore but you can air your bits without bleeding on stuff.

i used the kids bed mats you can get as they are usually on offer at one of the supermarkets and they have worked great everytime, ive also used some cheapie pet pee mats from the pound shop!!

id get naked time when my bath was running, id sit on the loo and then id put a maternity pad inbetween my legs soon as i got out the bath dry myself everywhere else and then sit on the loo again to air it all hahaha

dont no how im going to manage that while looking after a newborn alone because ile have my bath once zanes in bed.

i bought some mat bed pads from mothercare to use on my bed and sofa before during and after the birth. im also putting a shower curtain under my sheets to protect my mattress

just thinking about the healing time makes me wonder why i wanted another baby lol altho it only lasts afew weeks it hurts :( lol

I would send you all of mine from my birth but I'm at my MiL's for the next week so can't get to them. I'm shocked as well seeing as we had about 20 at the birth and they just left all of them.

ooh bournefree I would be so tempted and have to get that doppler out! your will power must be amazing!

In my first birth I knew nothing about birth and what you are taught in antenatal was mostly pants! so had never heard of the transition stage, so when I had mine and was begging help me, take the baby out I cant do it, it wasnt something I was aware of like I will be this time. I begged for an epidural even though I knew 100 I didnt want one and was more scared of that than birth and would probably have gone crazy if they even tried really coming near my back with a needle! so I ended up with pethidine 2 hours before pushing which with hindsight was pointless, as I was actually dealing with the pain my own way and all the pethidine did was make me dopey and unable to communicate how I was trying to (i.e fiance at the time kept touching my head and I was trying to scream at him to get off but could only manage a hmmoffhmmmyyyyymmmhhheaaadddd mumble!)

I have no idea what my midwife will be bringing, roll on 2nd July when I finally see her again, its been a long wait since 10th May!! I dont think she has gas and air? but I hated that when I tried it before anyway. I think its strictly herbs and potions :haha:

ooh its getting so exciting! :happydance: I cant wait to hear more home birth stories... Indigo your ticker says 8 days to go! who else is due in June or July?

i never heard of the transition stage while i was having zane, i was lying on my side and the contractions got worse and i just bit down on the gas and air mouth piece lol so i didnt have the i cant do this moment. maybe this time ile be more vocal haha

Awww thanks Jenniflower, I thought they would just bring a load like they have in hospital, I'm hoping they do, but I'm sure I'll work out something, will look out for some next time I'm out if they are that handy ;)

Yeh Jodie, today it only says 7 days to go! I'm really excited, nervous too, but feel ready for baby to come now.

Think it won't be long as my cervix feels really soft from what I can reach, its quite high. I've been having loads of pressure on it too, alot of back ache off and on, BH tightenings, and nesting instinct kicked in bad today - had to scrub the kitchen floor with the scrubbing brush then mop it! Needless to say won't be doing anything too strenuous this afternoon lol

Also had massive urge to get birthing box packed with everything I might need (also to grab incase of transfer). Its such a guessing game as to when these babies want to make an appearance!

indigo...i had to buy my own inco pads too, though in the end they turned up with a few but was better to have tones to hand!

i got pampers bed sheets off amazon, quite cheap and they were really big so caught loads! and the ones left over i've stuck in a cupboard to use for potty training when LO is older :) xx

Thanks :) I think I'll have a look on amazon/ebay as the thought of hitting the shops right now doesn't appeal too much! People have been so rude lately, even though its so obvious I'm the size of a hippo, it doesn't stop them bumping into me or trying to hurry me up.

eugh people are so rude! yeah internet is the way forward! amazon do massive cotton topped and plastic backed diy sheets for only £12 too, one covered nearly my entire lounge! good luck hun, birthing at home is the most amazing experience ever! xx

ergh I though Dewi was off today, a bit lethargic an didnt eat much at lunch.

I just had to wake him after he'd been having his 2nd nap of the day (rare) but he'd been asleep for over 2 hours (unheard of).

He's burning up and has been sick.

JOY...bring on newborn with puking illness tomorrow.

indigo 7 days! :happydance:
ah chuck hope he´s ok :hugs:

DHL want 545 quid to send a moses basket from London to Peru!! :wacko: back to the drawing board!

Wow thats a lot for a moses basket!!

How about getting one sent form the states or closer?

Well Dewi perked up in the way only toddle can but will be keeping an eye on him.

C'mon Indigo....poke poke poke

could send one from states, but reckon it will still cost a lot, think we will do co sleeping until bubs goes in a full cot

aah bless him

id love to co sleep again but with zane running in my room in the morning i dont think i could trust him not to jump on corey by accident, so hes going straight into his cot for his own safety lol

long as corey waits 3 weeks ile be more then happy to pop lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->