Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

When you put the starflower capsules in have you felt your cervix? Mine seems quite high too, but last time I felt it was really soft and squishy.

I haven't actually felt my cervix but I seem to be putting the capsules in as far as i can reach and not bumping into anything :haha: Tho I didn't do it last night... so maybe things will have changed when I try tonight :shrug:

Your 'symptoms' sound promising Indigo :thumbup:

moomin troll i´m curious how you got on with the massage?
can anyone recommended any good non maternity pads for after, the usual monthly brands always etc, are any of the big heavy ones any good? I didnt bring any proper maternity pads back from England with me. brought breast pads though, and im wondering if I need to start using them soon as im leaking every day and night now already, but dont want them to run out as I will need them much more afterwards!

wow MM 14 babies, he must have some amazing stories and probably more experience of natural birth than the Dr´s in the clinics in Lima :haha:

our midwife is throwing in the waterbirth part for free, usually it would cost extra, my OH is a DJ and she said she´ll have a party one day he can DJ for free for her instead! there wont be any sweeps for me, shes a complete hippy and just doesnt do them. in my first birth I kept having to have internals which was the worst part for me, really distressing and so painful, but my womb was posterior and they said they had to keep bringing it forward as I wasnt progressing, which was horrific I could feel them pulling the whole thing and baby! how necessary was this I wonder now?

rmar thanks for the link, its not my first birth but I was very clueless the first time and am into reading anything like this at the moment to be more clued up!

i wasnt keen on it to be honest lol. not that easy to get down there with this bump hahaha

your really supposed to use maternity pads after so i never used anything else. if u need someone to get u some and send them over just ask x

moomin troll i´m curious how you got on with the massage?

can anyone recommended any good non maternity pads for after, the usual monthly brands always etc, are any of the big heavy ones any good? I didnt bring any proper maternity pads back from England with me. brought breast pads though, and im wondering if I need to start using them soon as im leaking every day and night now already, but dont want them to run out as I will need them much more afterwards!

wow MM 14 babies, he must have some amazing stories and probably more experience of natural birth than the Dr´s in the clinics in Lima :haha:

our midwife is throwing in the waterbirth part for free, usually it would cost extra, my OH is a DJ and she said she´ll have a party one day he can DJ for free for her instead! there wont be any sweeps for me, shes a complete hippy and just doesnt do them. in my first birth I kept having to have internals which was the worst part for me, really distressing and so painful, but my womb was posterior and they said they had to keep bringing it forward as I wasnt progressing, which was horrific I could feel them pulling the whole thing and baby! how necessary was this I wonder now?

rmar thanks for the link, its not my first birth but I was very clueless the first time and am into reading anything like this at the moment to be more clued up!

I bought a few differnet braqnds of maternity pads & they irritated me no end last time, I ended up with a horrible rash from them on the inside of either leg so my GP thought I might be illergic. I just bought some always nighttime pads, the super absorbancy ones, and they worked fine for some reason never reacted to those!! Bought the same again this time, but Id be interested to know if anyone else had any alternatives :)

xxx

aww moomintroll thanks! I will get my mum to send some proper ones out then, and have the nighttime ones linzi said as back up

i guess i was lucky as matenity pads never bothered me and id wear 4 at a time for padding lol god im dreading after the birth lol

jodie ive been meaning to say it so many times but ur picture of kacie in ur sig is gorgeous x

Oh and I see a new part of the forum 'labour and birth' coming soon...this could get fun.

:lol: I'm steering clear!

I know I'll go wading in at some point and either be a thread killer or en dup going round in circles with people who can't see past their own fears.

I'm a sucker for a good keyboard warrior argument though...I find it funny how seriously people take things...I've been reported to Wobbs before LOL!

I usually type something that I think will be controversial and then delete it and don't post it :blush: :haha:

Yup!! Believe it or not this is the tamed down version of MM!! :lol: I used to REALLY speak my mind: :rofl:

Smokey and Indigo are closer than me - and I'll happily bring up the rear!

Don't feel as though I'll be any time soon.. thank god! We've only just dug the birth pool out of the garage and it needs a good clean.. plus the garage is so full of cr*p that I can't find the newborn clothes that I put aside.

But on a positive-ish note, I have been doing what could only be described as nesting! I have been making curtains and cusion covers, not all the important things that we need to get organised... oh no.. that would be silly! Making everything look pretty with soft furnishings and fairy lights is far more productive! hahaha.

I've got a list - So i've no doubt that I'll be getting some nipple pads, maternity pads and clothes for baby soon.. I think?! Though OH thinks that we can get away with wrapping baby in a sheet for a few days ;-)
XxX

Definitely, I've been making a patch work blanket out of old duvet covers and sheets, not for the baby, for our bed lol Although I am going to make one for baby too.. eventually! Have some lovely new fabric somewhere but I have no idea where I put it... I've also got a sling to sew which is waiting in the pile of material somewhere.

A fellow sewer! I can't stop myself and now the machine is out, I've started using it everyday so we are very much the same!!
Wow - I'd love to make a quilt, now that is a beautiful idea. I've got lots of odd scraps of fabric.. I'm such a hoarder for material and can't pass a remnant bin without buying something. (and I go nuts in laura ashley and john lewis for the stuff!)
I've still got some heavy cotton drill in all sort of pastel shades, that I bought to make DD sling with - but alas, it is still in the material box!.. and I bought a BABA sling in the end (still use it) Two would be handy though, so maybe that is the next project, after I have finished some bolsters for the sofa. (curtains and cushions are done!).. and maybe waiting for baby, I might get round to upholstering two 60's wing back chairs (I have 14m of material that has been waiting to do that for over a year!)

The only things to get ready for birth are now the newborn clothes (still!)- I have all the pads and equipment and fairy lights! Though I am also thinking I might paint the bathroom!? ;-) Have no idea how many of these things will really get done.. But I also don’t care much, as it is keeping me amused. I’ve made lots of marmalade today!

OH commented yesterday that there must be baby on the way, because I have become more irrational and whimsical; and he wasn’t being mean, just that I’M the rational logical one in the relationship.. I have yet again connected with my inner-hippy!
XxX

I got an infraction warning on here a few weeks ago too for posting a pic of a baby being circumcised to shut up all the shunts in favour of cic'ing on a thread!!

I went to a retirement do last night for two ladies at my work - I think I must have had the same conversation about 50 times - 'when's the baby due?'.... blah blah blah - making me feel a bit crap today - need to get my belief in my body back and trust that I WILL go into labour :blush::dohh:

I went to a retirement do last night for two ladies at my work - I think I must have had the same conversation about 50 times - 'when's the baby due?'.... blah blah blah - making me feel a bit crap today - need to get my belief in my body back and trust that I WILL go into labour :blush::dohh:

:hugs: it WILL happen! :flower:

Haven't posted here for ageeeees but stuff is happening now!
My midwife has booked my homebirth, gases getting delivered to the house in a couple of weeks, all getting very real now!

Is there a list somewhere of things I should think of to get/remember to do? I know I want to get a cooling fan... that's about all that's on my list!

i guess i was lucky as matenity pads never bothered me and id wear 4 at a time for padding lol god im dreading after the birth lol

jodie ive been meaning to say it so many times but ur picture of kacie in ur sig is gorgeous x

I dont remember having to have proper maternity pads, the reasoning for those is it shows any infection properly is that right? I really dont remember anything being a problem during pregnancy or afterwards, being 17 meant I didnt worry about anything, so different this time! and im sure I only bled for 3 weeks!
aah thanks :)

I tend to hoard material too (much to DH's disapproval! as it's kinda everywhere he looks in cupboards). There's something really satisfying about sewing something new and unique out of something old.

Smokeyjoe I know how you feel, I'm already getting "your still here then?" everytime I take my daughter to preschool. I'm standing there thinking, "errr yes?" looking down at humongous belly thinking I'm not even 40wks yet! Next time I'm definitely definitely not telling anyone at all apart from DH what my EDD is, Bourne you got the right idea :thumbup:

Had my MW appointment yesterday, she was really nice thankfully, as I had someone new as mine is on hols for the next 2 weeks. I won't mind if she is on duty when the day comes :)

Had loads of BH and backache, and today possibly the start of losing mucus plug, although not 100% certain on that. Thank heavens for the rain today, the heat has been too much.

Haven't posted here for ageeeees but stuff is happening now!
My midwife has booked my homebirth, gases getting delivered to the house in a couple of weeks, all getting very real now!

Is there a list somewhere of things I should think of to get/remember to do? I know I want to get a cooling fan... that's about all that's on my list!

couple I found useful

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/618817-things-have-home-home-birth.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/648700-list-things-need-homebirth.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->