Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I dont like the ideaof the fish pedicure...it's just weird.

Gag nooo. Theyd all end up squashed in my stampede to get out. I'm sure the fish love it tho. Nom nom foot cheese. Bet they're fat little things

:rofl:

Don't fancy the Koi birth either, I reckon the water temp needed for waterbirth will be too warm for the fish too and they'll all snuff it a couple of days later, hehe, that would really destroy the Zen, to find them all floating... I'm so mean but I'm getting visions of them all upside down in the morning! I'm gonna have to check that for updates now, I wonder if she'd post it to say she killed all her fish and her hubby had to fish the baby out with the net, woahahaha....:dohh:

Imagine if someone accidentally put some of those pedicure fish in the tank, the results don't bear thinking about!

I cannot take it seriously, and if people are doing it it is soooo funny bless it takes all types.

I wonder what missus 'I bet you want to give birth doggystyle or some other crazy crap just to be different' from 1st tri wouold make of that! ROFL

Oh god, I'm just about half way through the comments - some of them are hilarious, surely this is a wind-up?? Has to be.

morning all :)

its my V-Day today just wanted to come in here and woooooooooooooooooo!!!!

im mid way through decorating my bathroom to celebrate!!!

I have got my birth reflections appointment made for Friday 8th July. Midwife didn't even bat an eyelid when I said it was cos I was planning a HBAC and wanted to make sure it was right decision, so I think she will be very helpful.

I wanna make sure I know everything that happened in MY labour to lead me to need a C-Section so I can make an informed choice about my next birth. Although I'm pretty sure it was a case of baby stressed and labour too slow to wait but not slow enough to cause problems if LO had been ok, I want to make sure there is nothing else there that I need to consider. It would also be good if they could tell me why her heart rate was so high and what I can do to avoid the same thing happening to this baby, or if it is likely to happen again.

Chuck - that picture of the fish pedicure make me get a "rave on my grave" :haha: - it really gives me the heeby-geebies! :haha:

Sam - happy V Day

Celesse - hope your appointment goes well and you can find out what you want to know

Chuck - that picture of the fish pedicure make me get a "rave on my grave" :haha: - it really gives me the heeby-geebies! :haha:

Sam - happy V Day

Celesse - hope your appointment goes well and you can find out what you want to know

took me a minute to get that LOL

yeah - like really bad shivers! Don't know why people say it actually - it doesn't make much sense! :haha:

The koi thing is totally a wind up. :)

And I've done the fish pedicure (at Terlingham Manor in Hawkinge, Kent). I took my mom when she came to visit in April. I giggled hysterically for the first five minutes. It's very odd. But then it feels cool. And my feet were definitely softer after. I'd like to do it again, if only for the giggles. After all, laughter makes you feel good!

a shop as just opened in my town that have those fish. dont think id be able to do it cuz i hate my feet being tickled and i heard u cant get it done while pregnant anyway.

but i am going to a day spa on sunday :happydance: its my mates 31st so im treating her to a pampering day, that i get to enjoy too hahaha 1 hour and 10 mins full body massage and then a 55 mins manicure, 3 course lunch and get to spend the day in the pool....bliss!

ive been getting alot of engaging pains past week and saw mw today who was really suprised hes so low down. and shes told me not to go into labour till im 37wks lol and she really wants to be my mw at my home birth and she got really excited when i told her it was a water birth too.

its so nice to have a mw whos positive about what i want

Hello peeps!!! Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days. Been to see Morrissey Monday night then down south to visit my goddaughter and today I spent the day listening to the legendary Michel Odent! His tip on how to give birth.....*french accent* 'zee length of zee labour is proportional to zee midwife's levels of adrenalin.....zee woman should never give birth wiv a frightened midwife or obstetrician....zis is very dangerous!' :lol:

And his wife Lilliana too! Lots of other names in the birthy / doula community too. Twas fun!

Off bloody galavanting while we're here talking fish and epidurals.

Pfft bloody part timer Lisa!

LOL

Michael Odent is great!

me and anais had the foot fish thing done it was fun... really tickley at first but then when it settled down it felt nice

sam, congrats on v day
moomintroll you always make me jealous! the spa is going to be amazing! and lovely news re mw
ooh Anais is one of my fave name choices for girls! sam is that a friend of yours? is it pronounced a-ny-eece and do people get it wrong a lot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->