Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I tend to hoard material too (much to DH's disapproval! as it's kinda everywhere he looks in cupboards). There's something really satisfying about sewing something new and unique out of something old.

Smokeyjoe I know how you feel, I'm already getting "your still here then?" everytime I take my daughter to preschool. I'm standing there thinking, "errr yes?" looking down at humongous belly thinking I'm not even 40wks yet! Next time I'm definitely definitely not telling anyone at all apart from DH what my EDD is, Bourne you got the right idea :thumbup:

Had my MW appointment yesterday, she was really nice thankfully, as I had someone new as mine is on hols for the next 2 weeks. I won't mind if she is on duty when the day comes :)

Had loads of BH and backache, and today possibly the start of losing mucus plug, although not 100% certain on that. Thank heavens for the rain today, the heat has been too much.

:haha: how annoying! I think it drives people mad as it seems to start at about 38 weeks!

ooh I wont get too excited for you (but I am a bit excited really for homebirth stories :)

i guess i was lucky as matenity pads never bothered me and id wear 4 at a time for padding lol god im dreading after the birth lol

jodie ive been meaning to say it so many times but ur picture of kacie in ur sig is gorgeous x

I dont remember having to have proper maternity pads, the reasoning for those is it shows any infection properly is that right? I really dont remember anything being a problem during pregnancy or afterwards, being 17 meant I didnt worry about anything, so different this time! and im sure I only bled for 3 weeks!
aah thanks :)

yup thats right.

well ive got my 34 week appoinment tomorrow and then booking my home visit so i best get my house sorted out lol its a tip haha

enjoy! im spending the day in my pjs as was out with OH till 2 last night for his bday! plus trying not to eat the whole chocolate fudge brownie cake I made him as he is now away til friday!

Chocolate fudge brownie cake sounds amazing! I made some lemon drizzle cup cakes yesterday so think I might have to have one now. :)

gaaaaah cake! :munch: yum
I bought stuff last week to do cake but haven't quite summons up the energy/enthusiasm to make them. Instead today I bought a 4 pack of Flakes and ate the lot :blush::blush::blush:

I bought stuff last week to do cake but haven't quite summons up the energy/enthusiasm to make them. Instead today I bought a 4 pack of Flakes and ate the lot :blush::blush::blush:

Lol, I know how you feel. It took me five days to make the cake - but in that time I wanted to eat yummy sweet things so i have pretty much munched my way through all the biscuits I bought for the midwives! Off to shops to stock up again tomorrow me thinks!

the brownie would of been gone by now in my house lol
tomorrow i might make a cheescake if i can be bothered lol

ive been having the sharpest engaging pains the past few days, so i wont be impressed of the mw says hes not engaged at all :/ i really need to sort my house out and find a nice place for my birthing kit and bag....6 to 8 weeks to go and ile be a mummy of 2 crazy boys

ROFL I cant work out if this is real or a joke...
https://koibirth.blogspot.com/

wasnt convinced until I read the reply to how long would baby be in the water, and the answer being the koi would guide baby out with DH on standby with a net! :haha:

chuck im :rofl: at the moment reading with fascination the epidural thread in 1st tri and just come across your GET A GRIP post! I cant ever be bothered to post in those threads as too many people seem to want to just chat a load of nonsense at unknown people on a forum, but it is amusing to read

I LOVE the way I'm being ignored. It's quite funny.

Although I have had to bite my tongue at the woman who called said to someone else 'I bet youre one of the people into 'orgasmic birth' and will give birth doggystyle just to be different' ROFL.

Bless.

Yeah Koi birth...awesome. My husband has picked up a 6ft fish tank thats going to turn into a marine tank perhaps I could do finding nemo births?

(Yes you did hear that right an effing massive tank after I wasnt allowed a birth pool on account of all the water)

Good girl.

most likely because you are 1 of about 2 posters in that thread who is actually talking any sense and not just ignorantly arguing for the sake of it, so they dont really have anything to say to you!

I just read hers!!!!! what a complete idiot! us who want to give birth doggystyle or some other crazy crap!!!! funny that she sees birth as either no 1. calm, pain free and pleasant due to drugs or 2. crazy painful screaming your head off and embarrassing yourself! shes clueless

lol! did you husband have a fear of the water! haha love the nemo births!

I thuink he had a fear of a) spending money on a pool b) the fuss of emptying/cleaning it c) me splashing the telly.

He cited all these BS reason like - what about the carpet, we're renting this house, there's no room, it's expensive and you might not use it, etc etc.

He was never comfortable with the idea of a water birth when I was pg the first time so I think he didnt really like the idea combined with the fact he thinks it's kinda frivolous. He's very black and white about things and of the mind set Dr's know best and you should in hospital in a bed kinda guy. I had to compromise and say ok no pool but damn you I'm staying at home.

IF there is ever a next time I'm getting a doula, I needed one, I ended up in hospital in stirrups without the 3rd stage I wanted because hubby had his head between his legs and didnt/wouldn't stand up for what I wanted when I wasn't capable.

That's exactly the reason I want a doula. Dh will nod and agree to the drs and ignore what I've asked for. Well. He'd say that he wasn't sure if it still applied or some other cop out

Just a thought. Do you think that op might be a troll? If I wanted to have a row it's the perfect way to set one off hehe

sounds like he was scared..... my OH was scared of me wanting a homebirth, especially with the elective c section attitude out here....actually he is in Lima at his mums until friday im worrying what opinions he is going to come back with!

well done you then for getting so far on what you wanted espec without a doula!

Omg that would make my actual brain explode I'd freak out so much. I can't even swim in the sea because fish are in it. Nooooo

Omg that would make my actual brain explode I'd freak out so much. I can't even swim in the sea because fish are in it. Nooooo

no fish pedicure for you then! :haha:
which btw I think are really mean, the fish dont want to be eating peoples nasty hard skin!

I kinda came to accept that this was the one thing I could and would do alone. I had my baby alone last time despite being in a room full of people. There was no reason I couldn't do it the easier way by myself.

Yes the support from Mum and Hubby was there during labour but there were in the room and not doing anything really, hubby held my hand and I pushed against his leg a few times (no massages or anything like that lol).

Thankfully the MW's I had throughout were wonderful, my antenatal team supported all of my choices, the HB MW's asked me what I wanted and weren't to quick to transfer and the hospital MW was lovely - although very much a hospital MW putting me in bloody stirrups and pushing for managed 3rd stage and pulling the cord to deliver the placenta. I didnt make her wait 5mins before i cut the cord though - she did look a little taken aback when I asked to see my placenta.

This is why I dont get the 'I wont cope' thing..meh I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who remains functional. I got survives my EMCS and shitty time, I got away without needing the PPD label and antidepressants because I remained functional - I had to. I laboured on GnA once I got towards transition this time and didnt scream cry or not cope because I had to do it.

=chuck;11418975]ROFL I cant work out if this is real or a joke...

fish pedicure...
https://dn.broncoweb.co.uk/wpimg/2008/07/fish-pedicure1.jpg

Gag nooo. Theyd all end up squashed in my stampede to get out. I'm sure the fish love it tho. Nom nom foot cheese. Bet they're fat little things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->