Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congrats Amanda!! :)

Your house doesn't need to be clean for a homebirth.....would you do the same cleaning before bringing your baby home fom hospital?! You and your family like there.....how clean and tidy it is, is what you will be living in postpartum.....

Yes - thats very true!! I would clean it up pretty good before the vistors came if i gave birth in the hospital.

Unfortunetly i didnt' have any "nesting" with my DD... so it didn't help me much last time... maybe it will kick in this time LOL.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd come and introduce myself as a hopeful with this baby, number 2. Our son was born in hospital and although nothing went wrong, it was a horrible experience for me giving birth at hospital and so I want to attempt staying at home this time. Got the midwife booking in appt next week and nervous about how they will react when I tell them as my BMI is high.

Congrats Amanda!! :)

Your house doesn't need to be clean for a homebirth.....would you do the same cleaning before bringing your baby home fom hospital?! You and your family like there.....how clean and tidy it is, is what you will be living in postpartum.....

Yes - thats very true!! I would clean it up pretty good before the vistors came if i gave birth in the hospital.

Unfortunetly i didnt' have any "nesting" with my DD... so it didn't help me much last time... maybe it will kick in this time LOL.

You sound a lot like me! My house is in an awful mess! I just find it hard to keep on top of everything and I think a great deal of that is due to having so much crap that I need to get rid of! I also didn't have any nesting with my son - I don't know if it was due to the SPD I had or what but I was kinda relying on it happening and it never did! This time we plan on really tackling the whole house a bit at a time to be ready for the homebirth. I just wouldn't be able to relax having others in my house in the state it is in at the mo!

Thanks bunnyg82! This weekend i tackled a ton of laundry... makes a big difference in a tiny house. we are just putting a floor down in the basement where we have made a family room, hoping to move a bunch of toys down there and that will make a big difference too!

Well homebirthers and hopefuls, I have to official switch to a hospital birth unless something crazy happens.

My BP has been hanging out over 140/90 too much now, and with my family history of Pre-eclampisa, I have had to switch to the care of an OB. The OB will only see me if I plan to have a hospital birth, so I have had to agree to switch to a hospital birth in order to receive OB care.

It sucks, I really wanted a homebirth, but I feel with my blood pressure being so high that it is best for mine and the baby’s health to receive care from a doctor from this point out, and here that means hospital birth. At this point I even worry about early induction, but we will have to see.

Good luck with your homebirths everyone!

:hugs: you have to do whats best for you and baby. The reason that homebirths are as safe as hospital births, is because people do what is safest! So by switching, even tho it isn't what you wanted, you are still actively promoting home birth, by keeping the % of "incidents" down :hugs:

Havent been on in a while - just to update, I got my homebirth and all details are in my journal :D

Good luck to everyone else x

Hello everyone just popping my head in. Got my surprise bfp yesterday no idea how far along I am. 16 and a bit months ago I had my son at home and it was amazing so hopefully will be doing it all over again soon!!

congrats blah!! xx

and congrats laura...hope all is still going well xx

Hello everyone just popping my head in. Got my surprise bfp yesterday no idea how far along I am. 16 and a bit months ago I had my son at home and it was amazing so hopefully will be doing it all over again soon!!

Congratulations! :happydance:

Hi ladies! Just to update that I had a little boy born at home in the pool! Very quick labour for first baby and no problems at all! Hooray! Xx

Congrats!

I am still waiting for the homebirth team to contact me. They did text me details of some open day/coffee morning they have once a month so they clearly already have my number. My community midwife made me a provisional appointment with her next week just in case the homebirth team take their time transferring me over to them so if they haven't got in touch by then I will be pressing her to bug them on my behalf :) xx

Hello everyone! First timer here. My name is Dana and this is my first baby and I really want to do a home birth. My husband is totally on board which is a great relief because currently our insurance doesn't cover home births and we cannot switch until after the baby is born. But having his support his so great, especially with the extra cost it will be. I still have to schedule my consultation with a few midwives, but plan to do so within the next week or today. I'm super excited about it.

Hello everyone! First timer here. My name is Dana and this is my first baby and I really want to do a home birth. My husband is totally on board which is a great relief because currently our insurance doesn't cover home births and we cannot switch until after the baby is born. But having his support his so great, especially with the extra cost it will be. I still have to schedule my consultation with a few midwives, but plan to do so within the next week or today. I'm super excited about it.

Welcome!! :) You will get a lot of support here. Good for making it your first time choice, my home birth was my 2nd (learned the hard way!), I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->