Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congrats, Laura

Congrats, Blah!!

Massive congrats, MrsSmartie

and welcome, Nola! This is a great group of ladies here. I wanted a home birth with my first, but wasn't in the cards for me! But I did get an amazing home birth with my second!

:hi: Nola...i'm hoping for my 2nd hb soon(ish)...was amazing having my son at home! xx

So its a possibility that at this late stage I may suddenly be a homebirth hopeful. I don't think I've posted in here since I was pregnant with DD and we decided that we couldn't justify the expense of a home birth in this country much as I've always wanted to have my babies at home - not when we had a free option available at the local hospital with a nice, pro natural birth centre. I had a really lovely birth experience there with DD in the end and since our financial situation wasn't much changed we opted for the same route this time around.

But it seems my pro-natural hospital is only in favour of delivering head down babies and as bub has been breech since at least 25 weeks despite best natural efforts to turn they want to schedule me for an unneceasarean at 39+3 :( And I've been told that if I show up in labour earlier than that and won't consent to a c section they'll send me to a hospital 3 hours away which is the nearest one experienced with breech deliveries.

So now it seems my only option is to hope that the only independent midwife who currently services our area is able to take me on as a client on such short notice :wacko: Or have another solution to my dilemma. Because at the moment my only hope for a natural childbirth is if bub decides to turn in the next 11 days and while I know its possible it certainly doesn't seem likely :(

I'm meeting with the midwife tomorrow to see if she's available or if she at least has any other ideas if she isn't.

You can choose to have a hb at any point, it's your body and your baby = your right. And how stupid to threaten you with a 3 hour transfer!! What if baby was born on route!! There talking rubbish, a scare tactic I'd guess.
Independant mw's will have alot more experience with natural breach birth. Xx

:hi:

I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my first and hoping to have a home birth :) it's really reassuring to me to see other people have had home births with their first because I know it's doable, most people I have told have been quite negative about it :wacko: I have my booking in appointment next week and my area has a home birth team so hopefully the midwife at my appt will be positive about it!

Well unsurprisingly the independent midwife I met with is unable to take me on so late so a homebirth is out. However she's spoken to one of the consultants at the hospital who has done breech births (2 of 4 have a great deal of experience the other two have none) and he's happy to let me have a VBB if I go into labour before Monday as this is his week on. Unfortunately the following two weeks are the consultants who don't do breech births... but the IM is coming to my appointment on Thursday and will speak to the consultant about the possibility of one of them coming in for me if I go into labour from 39+1-41 weeks.
And while I'd rather avoid it all together I'm willing to compromise with being induced if they'll agree to that rather than being 'on call' the whole period if that's what it takes to avoid an ELCS or a 3 hour drive in labour to a hospital that does do VBBs as my doula and student midwife wouldn't be able to attend.

So sadly I'm not a home birth hopeful this time around after all (our area drastically needs more qualified IMs who do home births. My student mw wants to be one as does someone else I know an hour south which at least gives me hope for the future) but at least I'm still on the path towards a natural hospital birth :thumbup:

:hugs: NDH, really hope it all works out! totally sucks there's not more people willing to do home births locally :( xx

Hello! very very happy to announce the swift arrival of our daughter Georgie, born in the birth pool, at home at 6:53am, weighing 7lb 7oz. she is perfect! Will try to write the birth story soon.

Hi ladies,

Just checking in again having been away from the forum for a few months. For those that don't remember me, I'm Zoe, 31 mum to a seven year old son, birthed at home and a two year old daughter, laboured at home with 'emergency' transfer (long story!)

I presume my wishes for another home birth have been logged for this pregnancy, but considering I haven't actually heard from my MW team in 12 weeks, I'm not entirely sure. It'll be happening regardless though ;)

Anyways, I'll look forward to getting to know you ladies again over the next few months. :)

Hi ladies,

Just checking in again having been away from the forum for a few months. For those that don't remember me, I'm Zoe, 31 mum to a seven year old son, birthed at home and a two year old daughter, laboured at home with 'emergency' transfer (long story!)

I presume my wishes for another home birth have been logged for this pregnancy, but considering I haven't actually heard from my MW team in 12 weeks, I'm not entirely sure. It'll be happening regardless though ;)

Anyways, I'll look forward to getting to know you ladies again over the next few months. :)

Welcome back! x

Hello again guys :) not posted in a while but just updating. I'm now 12+2 due December 15th. Scan went amazingly but slightly concerned about my edd and being so close to Christmas. Anyone know or have experience with on calllduduring Christmas? I went 9 days over with my son so a Christmas baby might well happen, eek!

Babies don't care about holidays, and service provision has to be in place. Obligations don't change. 24 hour services and mandatory services must be covered. xx

I'm getting so excited for my second homebirth, hope I don't have to wait much longer though! Congrats to all who have turned from hopefuls to homebirthers x

Blah I had mine 27th (edd 23rd) and had no problems although we have a hb team at local hospital so not run off of on call. But there are mw on call holidays or not ( mine told me he was once on call Xmas eve night and had a hb) don't worry too much :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->