Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

got our 1st scan in the morning to see whether there is actually a baby in my belly :), bit nervous as been feeling quite well this time but then felt rubbish yesterday so hopefully bean is just fine in there, just being way nicer on the puke front than alex was :thumbup:

Same!! Felt consistently pukey from 6 weeks last time, worse and worse and worse until peaked about 10 weeks. This time I've had some nausea in the mornings but little/no vomiting. Felt dreadful Christmas week and been fine since. Still got a nose like a bloodhound though and a slightly overdeveloped gag reflex but hoping this will die down over the next couple of weeks :)

Tiredness has hit this week, again not as bad as last time - or am I just more used to it with having a toddler?! Not got my scan appointment yet, not even seeing a midwife for another 2 weeks. Seems like I will be left to get on with it this time round and that is just fine by me!

got our 1st scan in the morning to see whether there is actually a baby in my belly :), bit nervous as been feeling quite well this time but then felt rubbish yesterday so hopefully bean is just fine in there, just being way nicer on the puke front than alex was :thumbup:

Same!! Felt consistently pukey from 6 weeks last time, worse and worse and worse until peaked about 10 weeks. This time I've had some nausea in the mornings but little/no vomiting. Felt dreadful Christmas week and been fine since. Still got a nose like a bloodhound though and a slightly overdeveloped gag reflex but hoping this will die down over the next couple of weeks :)

Tiredness has hit this week, again not as bad as last time - or am I just more used to it with having a toddler?! Not got my scan appointment yet, not even seeing a midwife for another 2 weeks. Seems like I will be left to get on with it this time round and that is just fine by me!

ita def nice to not puke this time! i'm nearly feeling normal already this time! just a bit sicky if i don't eat for ages, but not once been sick! and i had my scan and there was a baby in there :haha:. Good luck at your first scan! xx

I want to do it again, unfortunately even a hint at wanting #4 sent hubby running to the doctors. I must do something to feed my birth addiction!

well it looks like im a hopeful again, will have to sus out everything next week, got the HV coming on Wed for the older boys so will make an appointment for booking in after that still not taken in my sample and had my health check from 8wks ago when we moved up and I registered lol well they can tell me im pregnant when they do it I guess lol

Eeeeek Lynn!! When I saw your name in user cp to say you've posted I though oooooo wonder if she's pregnant! Massive congrats to you. Xx

Oh and bubbles after Freya's birth (despite the unnecessary transfer) I quite enjoyed it an I'm looking forward to doing it again! Weird how some people are like that but others won't have more than one child because they found it Hurendous lol.

Omg lynnikins -Congrats hun - wish it was me too lol ;) working on DH again but not too hopeful

lucky you, hope u are well xx

thanks girls,

early days yet but super excited about it had a wee bit of blood in discharge and totally freaked myself out about it but it stopped but i think im going to have to force myself to take it easier till im outta first tri

Congrats lynnikins.
Ljo, I am a complete birth junkie and woud do it again and again. I found it quite surprising after ds1s birth, my family think I'm mental haha

Lol I'm exactly the same! Dd1 was horrific, pitocin, epi, forceps. but I think that spurred me on to have another and get it my way this time rsther than be put off for life ( i was actually talking about the next baby an hour after delivery lol) Although I had to stupid transfer I got to do it how I wanted with dd2. I coped fantastic through contractions with hypno birthing, and although I caused a lot of damage by pushing her out too quick it was natural and I soooo can't wait for next time cause I enjoyed it actually. People talk about their labours in a negative way and I'm like actually....... And yeh they look at you like your mental!! So next time i'll do everything the same but I WILL stay at home and try breath baby out instead of getting carried away with myself.

Im a bit of a birth-aholic my children only have the 20sih month gap because I want my pelvis to be able to cope with the pregnancys and with having had problems with it and my back then we felt a bit of a gap was best

Haha I'm excited for labour too... and this time must also remember to not get carried away during second stage and come out with a perineum I don't really recognise as mine again!! Think I was just far too excited after 36 hours of "latent" labour.

I just remember it as being like a massive trip, I was so aware of what I was doing but almost in a completely different world, definitely a world of my own, where it was just me and baby, doing our thing, him getting on with being born and me just helping out... loved it! Will be different this time round I'm sure, but I can still see me badgering OH for #3 not long afterwards, though he's adamant 2 kids is enough for him!

ooh i'm so with you ladies on looking forward to birth!! but must also remember not to push baby out all in one go again next time! after over 2 hours of pushing when his head finally came out i got a bit carried away too :blush: def = sore downstairs afterwards!!

Lol yah...I had a good experience but I'm STILL recovering. Not to mention the newborn phase is crazy exhausting. I can definitely wait :)

Plus, I would have to actually have sex to get pregnant again!

:haha: eventually the idea is appealing again ;). about 6mths it took for dtd to be fully pain free though, but did get there :thumbup: xx

Yeh it's frustrating how it takes time for thinks not to hurt anymore!! I really want to avoid stitches next time. I found the local anaesthetic more painful than the tearing!! I never want that again!!

Yeh it's frustrating how it takes time for thinks not to hurt anymore!! I really want to avoid stitches next time. I found the local anaesthetic more painful than the tearing!! I never want that again!!

i did avoid the stitches last time because i flat refused unless they were going to give me a spinal because LA doesnt work on me at all and i felt every single stitch with the older 2, i actually managed to nearly pass out from the amount of G&A i was using to not scream my head off that they took it off me

Ha ha I totally used that g&a with the LA!! Never in my life! I'd push out 9lb of baby every day over that! Was awful and I was a really trying to knock myself out! I was so close but your body doesn't let you does it! Grrrrr. That's the only time through it all I cried and was vocal lol, they had to take Freya off me because I was almost squashing her! :-( I tore quite bad up and down. I think I'll tear next time too but if I just chill out and breath it out then maybe not too bad and refuse stitches. At least I can remember that experience during birth and that will stop me pushing!!

Even at this early stage my midwife seemed happy with me going for a home birth. She said she will give me an extra appointment at 31 weeks to go over everything for it :happydance:

Hi everyone, just thought i'd pop in and say hi :hi:

Planning on having a home waterbirth when the time comes. MW says everything seems fine so far, fingers crossed it stays that way :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->