Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

With Corey I had a great mw during pregnancy, she so wanted to be on call and come to my home birth, she loves them, I told her I'd be rejecting induction.
When the day came, the mw was late, she lived 15 mins at most from my house, but it took her almost 2 hours. So for ages I had Corey crowing and no one around, so ahe finally turned up and I ignored her, my mum delivered my baby, and I listened to MY body and did exactly what I wanted.
I had to go hospital for stitches, really wish I had told them to do one. The doctor was horrible and caused more damage then the birth it self and the stitches just fell out anyway.
I don't want anymore babies lol but if I do, I'm certainly having another home birth...ile fill the pool quicker tho because Corey was coming and the pool wasn't even half full yet lol

Spoke to one of the pro home birth midwife's yesterday at my aquanatal class about my fears of being pushed for induction, and the discrepancy on days. She says she is on duty tomorrow at the unit where my appointment is and she will see me :) still expecting to have them book induction but for two weeks after my dates hopefully, and even then I may not attend lol.
I was supposed to get a S&S tomorrow but I probably won't now lol. Can't really refuse induction in the basis that they have my dates wrong but then expect to use their dates for getting a sweep lol! A bit cheeky haha. They won't do a sweep until 41 weeks generally or for me they were going to do it 40+5 being close enough, but if she agrees to go by my dates then I am only 39+6 lol

Hope I do get to see this particular midwife, some of them are horrid!

Xxx

Hello ladies! I hope you don't mind me posting in here :)

I'm planning a home waterbirth for this baby. I had one planned for my last baby and even had the pool set up and everything, but at 39+4 my waters broke and labour didn't start. 24 hours later I had to go into hospital to be induced. I was absolutely heartbroken! Due to the length of time my waters were gone for my little boy got a mild infection and had to be on IV antibiotics for 5 days. So what should have been my perfect, calm home birth, ended up being a 6 day hospital stay away from my two girls :(

Anyway, I'm really hoping it happens this time. I still have the pool so baby just needs to co-operate this time :)

Good luck to everyone else, I hope you all get the birth you want.

Congrats on your bfp hoping4 xxx hope you get your desired home birth this time.

I aimed for home birth last time and ended up induced due to post dates :( was so disappointed in myself and so hoping I could do it right this time! Baby seems in no rush, I can feel history repeating itself :( although planning on telling my midwife today that I am declining induction.

Xx

Hi girls! Congrats to the new hopefuls!

wannabubba#4- I hope it works out for your home birth!

I'm 8 weeks along now! Was even able to find gummi's HB for a fleeting minute the other night! I was so excited! I was able to find it a little earlier this time found it at around exactly 8 weeks with both DD and DS! Getting excited for another home birth!

I have been cleared for a home birth, my midwife is awesome!! She told me she's glad that she didn't have to try to persuade me to birth at home this time because I might not even make it to the hospital (I was there fr 2 hours with my first and labour was 7 hours in total). She has also accepted my refusal to have the flu/dtap vaccine and is thrilled I have breastfed my first for 19 months !! She's brilliant, so glad she's my midwife again :D

Sounds fab kitty, I rarely see the same midwife lol

I have however been attending aquanatal classes and got to know the midwife there really well so she saw me yday for my antenatal appointment too as she knew I was nervous about being post their dates and getting pushed for induction. She does not work my clinic so I would not normally be seen by her. Anyway, my appointment went great, she never pressurized me to make an induction date gave me a sweep and made me an appointment to discuss the discrepancy with my dates versus theirs with a consultant on Monday. Also told me that they will still attend my home birth post dates but it will be put down in my note as against medical advice but that it's standard for term +14 days . some of the other midwife's have been a bit more bullying in their ideas about going against their scan dates and have been intimidating lol. Xx

Hi everyone! I'm 38 weeks and also planning a homebirth. A few weeks ago the midwife said that homebirths may be cancelled due to staff shortage, however it seems to be back on the cards again and the MWs started oncall for me yesterday and delivered all the equipment! However there are 5 other women in the area having HBs so I really hope we don't go into labour at same time!

I tried a homebirth with my first, but after 2 hours of pushing and no movement from baby I was transferred to hospital, I was gutted at the time but looking back it was fine and I don't mind it happening again if it's necessary!

I feel worried this time around as my husband isn't 100% on board and I've had lots of comments from people about how unsafe it is! especially FIL who said 'you know you need a sterile and clinical environment to have a homebirth' (I'm not the most house proud person but my house isn't a pigsty!) which really peed me off! People's comments really get to me and make me doubt my decision!

I'm also really worried about something happening to baby and I will blame myself for not going into hospital, I just have to keep watching you tube videos to see how well it can end!

Good luck to everyone planning a homebirth - I hope it turns out well! I'll keep you updated of how mine went!

What because your lady bits are sterile and clinical!!! And believe me working in a hospital they in general are far from sterile lol. Your house will have a lot less bugs that a hospital!! It's normal to have niggles especially after a previous transfer but just listen to your body and baby they will let you know if something g isn't quite right. But you will be more than fine I'm sure :)

Well, we done it!! Our yellow bump turned pink, born in the pool at home.

So chuffed and pleased and proud, totally on cloud nine.

Our gorgeous baby girl arrived on 10th March at 20:48, on T+10
My very first contraction was at 19:05 that same evening, lasting about 45 seconds and really making me stop in my tracks and breath through it lol. Ten minutes later, I had another one, then they rapidly went to 3/4minutes lasting a minute after that. By half past seven, I thought I had better get my youngest son out to visit his big sister as I did not want him seeing me on any pain or discomfort. His dad packed a bag and arranged to drop him off. At quarter to eight I decided to phone the midwife, at this point I still was not sure that it was going to be a false labor but wanted to let them now as the CMU closes at 8pm and I wanted to give the on call girls a heads up!
Whilst on the phone I had two strong contractions which I could not talk through lasting over a minute so they said they would arrange forMiserwife to come right out, as could take 45mins. I was still coping okay and still not convinced it would not all stop lol!
Whilst dad dropped off the younger boys, I got my eldest son down to help get the pool set up, this took about 40 mins to get to a level that I could get in, which was by now twenty past eight. By now I needed to get in lol, the contractions were every couple of mins lasting over a minute each.
After being in the water 5mins, I felt my waters rupture. Lots of pressure, a huge bubble sensation down below then pop and a huge gush, lovely and clear fluid!
The midwives arrived 5 mins later. I asked for gas and air at this point which they quickly set up for me. They checked baby heart once it was 136 and perfect. Then I got the sensation to push, first push and I felt her come down and the midwife said there is her head. Next push her head was out and third push I felt the rest of her come out. The midwife assisted me bring her up the front onto my chest. She looked perfect, lovely dark hair great tone and colour. Took her about 30 sec to take her first breath but she was still attached to the cord so was fine. Her cord was round her neck and arm on delivery, the midwife unwrapped it without saying a word. I looked to see what sex she was, then looked again lol, did not want to get it wrong haha, we really thought baby would be a boy, but nope she is a gorgeous girly!! We are over the moon, she is perfect. Minimal blood loss, only 100 ml, and a very minor tear which needed no sutures. Could not have went better. Midwives helped tidy up and made tea, hubby phoned our daughter and sons and arranged to bring them home and emptied the pool. By 10pm, the midwives were away, house tidy and all the family were together

So perfect!!

Good luck anyone else still waiting, it is truly the best feeling in the world xxx

Congratulations! What a perfect sounding birth :)

wannabubba#4- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthing experience!! So happy you got your home birth! Makes me look fondly back on my home birth and so looking forward to my next one with this baby!

Hi everyone,

I had my home water birth on Wednesday 2nd April. Unfortunately I wasn't as calm as I hoped and was in shock after delivering my baby and didn't understand what had happened! It's all a blur really and I was in such a wreck! I had fears beforehand of not bring able to catch her - and unfortunately I didn't, I let her drop to the bottom of the pool :(

But I just have to try get over that and concentrate on the fact I had my home water birth and everything went fine!

Baby girl weighing 7lbs 9oz

Congratulations. I can imagine they are very slippery when born into water, it won't have hurt her so try not to dwell on what happened. You did amazing :) xxxx

Hi ladies I'm 19 weeks with number 1 and planning a homebirth with private midwife! Hoping to give birth in the pool if it feels right at the time. Had my second appt with my MW today!

Congrats Angie and all the best :)

Cocoa- Congratulations! Try not to beat yourself up over not catching her. It won't have hurt her a bit. :flower:

Angie- Congratulations on baby #1! I hope you have a wonderful birth when the time comes! I am 18 weeks along with my third and and planning another home birth!

Hello. I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my first child and am considering a home birth. I'm nervous about the safety aspect although I only live 1 mile from the hospital. I'm also very worried about pain relief at home.

Does anyone have any advice about safety and pain relief?

Jazzbird, congrats on your baby! safety wise I was always reassured if there's any worry over baby they'll suggest you transfer in and true true emergencies are v v rare but if one was to occur they treat the 999 call on the same level as a cardiac arrest, the hospital would know you were coming and actually you'd be in theatre about as quickly as you would have been from the ward by the time theatre staff are ready etc as they can be doing that while you're enroute.

Pain relief wise you can have gas and air at home which personally I found amazing, I also used a tens until 7-8cm both times then took it off to get in the water when I used gas and air. Many ladies hypnobirth successfully. The beauty of homebirths if when in labour and you really really feel you need more pain relief you still have the option of tranfering into hospital, if you opt for hospital birth straight away you won't go home half way through :)

Good luck! home births are amazing! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->