Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Soooooo, thanks to MandaAnda I have managed to borrow a valve screw :happydance: So relieved!

I joined the Facebook group and a lovely lady has offered to loan me one from her pool. She is posting it out today so hopefully should get it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Went out today and got a hose and tap adapters from the DIY shop so once the valve cover comes I'm all set! I want to be totally ready and relaxed going into this birth so glad I am nearly sorted :)

I've bought 2 sets of shower curtains in the sale in Primark. Not sure whether to get some more plastic sheeting or not. May pick some up tomorrow if I remember!

Chloe keeps asking if she can sit on the sofa whilst I am in labour, she promises to behave......ha ha! I'm hoping she will be asleep, at nursery or my mum and dad can get here before it all starts getting going. Really don't know how she would react seeing me in pain! I've also been explaining to her she is not coming in the pool with me no matter how much she begs :dohh:

Kind of hoping baby makes a slightly earlier appearance. My husband starts a new job on my due date and so can't get any time off, apart from a day or so. A week before would be just perfect.....ha ha! He can then finish up and have some time together before he gets stuck into the new place. Just need to hold out until after Thursday this week though as I have shopping to do :haha:

With regard to plastic sheeting I buy the large disposable plastic sheets from B&Q that are designed for decorating. They are huge and totally waterproof and more importantly cheap!"

hi

I'm looking for some advice

I had my son 2 years ago in a hospital strapped to a bed and I feel I had to have a epidural due to not being able to move. This time I wanted it differently the problem is my bmi is 42 (which was wrong anyway) and i'm not sure how much of a fight I would have to have a home birth

Thanks

xx

My BMI was 32 (wrong as well, as was actually 31; was 28 by my 16 week appointment, so struck "high BMI" off the problems list myself and had refused a consultant referral at booking). Do join the fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/HomeBirthChat/ as there are a few mums there with higher BMIs that have planned/had home births.

Hi, I'm looking for some advice and support as I'm trying to arrange a Hbac for my second baby. My midwife is supportive but my consultant isn't and my husband is a bit iffy. We're only 5 minutes from the hospital and I had such a horrible experience last time that I burst into tears even being in the reception and I can't see it getting better. Not the best mental state to go into labour!

I'm happy with the idea of hbac and I think that I stand a better chance that way. Can anyone point me in the direction of some positive stories and or support sites I ca encourage my dh to read.

Also, I really want him on board so that he can be there to help me and be an advocate for me if needed but I worried about how to tackle this with him if he's not totally on board. Does any one have any words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance.

Xx

Join the closed fb group home birth chat group, it's amazing. X

Sorry cant link cause I'm on my phone

I thought I'd update in here, too. And this feels great, as I was one of the original hopefuls on this thread when pregnant with my son four years ago. And I've stayed hopeful all this time...

Baby Thomas Daniel was born at 19:04 on 2nd November at 39+3 after niggles started at 2pm-ish (labour documented as 1hr 26minutes, which is about when it got intense) at HOME after hopping into the pool only 20 minutes before. Absolutely perfect, hands-off, mama/baby centred birth. Over the moon! (Still!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
I thought I'd update in here, too. And this feels great, as I was one of the original hopefuls on this thread when pregnant with my son four years ago. And I've stayed hopeful all this time...

Baby Thomas Daniel was born at 19:04 on 2nd November at 39+3 after niggles started at 2pm-ish (labour documented as 1hr 26minutes, which is about when it got intense) at HOME after hopping into the pool only 20 minutes before. Absolutely perfect, hands-off, mama/baby centred birth. Over the moon! (Still!)

aww many congratulations xxx well done mamma, enjoy your little man x:cloud9:

Awwww congratulations!! So glad you got your hb, hearing these announcements really gives me hope :) xx

Congratulations to all the home birthers and good luck to all the hopefuls! I had a home water birth in Jan and I am now expecting my next one and hoping for the same again!

Yes I'm a homebirthhopeful - midwife sees no problem just need tube signed of by my consultant from last time :happydance:

I'm going to slowly work my way through this thread. Intending to homebirth, but it's allegedly illegal here. I can't find proof of that, but I know midwives can't be insured to do it and here in Spain, birth is just another efficient medical procedure. So, I'm currently attending all my hospital visits and all being well, I'll have my baby at home and turn up at hospital afterwards. I have a Scottish midwife friend who I'll meet with soon to find out more. Unless medically necessary, no one's going to tell me how, when and where I bring my little girl into the world!

Hello ladies! I've got a planned homebirth this time around. I'm so excited! Just got back from my 32 week appt and he has moved so he's now transverse :( but he has plenty of time to move back to head down again. My partner isn't as keen as me on a homebirth but he is supportive. We plan on using the pool too. My dd and the dog will stay with my parents and then we plan to be all together as quickly as poss after he has arrived. I'm feeling anxious but very optimistic!

welcome biglegemma and smallpeanut, and congrats to both of you on your pregnancies.

xx

Hi I just got my bfp on monday and I'm really hoping to homebirth as my experience having DS at the hospital was awful, so much so my dad wrote a 3 page letter of complaint!

I had a natural birth last time with no complications as such except I was stuck at 2cm dialated for 20 hours even though my contractions were every 2-3 minutes and each one lasting over a minute. Also I was almost rushed in for an emergency c section coz my bp shot through the roof but by time I was prepped it dropped again :shrug:

I live half an hour away from hospital but we have community midwives in our town who will carry out any homebirths. What do you think my chances are of them being on my side with this decision? I'm so desperate not to have to go to hospital if I can help it!

WDWjess, talk to them at your next appt. I doubt there will be any issues. My midwives were very supportive. If you have a slow labour then they may transfers you to hospital but that's by the by. I'd assume they'd give you the chance first :) x

WDWjess, talk to them at your next appt. I doubt there will be any issues. My midwives were very supportive. If you have a slow labour then they may transfers you to hospital but that's by the by. I'd assume they'd give you the chance first :) x

We have the same due date...i am also hoping to have a home birth...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->