Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Birth before arrival.

Congratulations!

Birth before arrival, calling mw out after birth "it all happened so quick" sort of thing. The g&a was greatly appreciated though even though I only had it for the last few contractions in the end :-/ x

Thank you! Thought I'd come across all the abbreviations by now! Congrats again.

Anyone care to revive this thread?

I'm still around but I'm in limbo a bit. Got a scan on Monday to check my placentas moved up then I'm hoping at my midwife appointment on Tuesday we can start talking about a home birth, I have a list of questions ready about how it works in my area.

I've been reading a hypnobirthing book as well. I'm really looking forward to the birth, I think in a weird way it'll be fun.

Hoping your placenta has moved so you can home birth :hugs:

I've been on quite the roller coaster since October. I was planning a freebirth as there were no midwives in my area, lost the baby at 10 weeks, got pregnant again straight after and had a chemical just before Christmas, had a month off and then got pregnant again in February. Thought I had another chemical but 3 weeks after my usual 3 day bleed a heavy feeling uterus made mee loss and surprise, still pregnant!

Planning again for unassisted this time and quite excited about it.

I'm sorry for your losses, hope this baby doesn't give you any more scares.

Hi!

I hope everything's in place for your hb button xx

NDH I hope all's good with you too xx

Had my scan today, placenta's up, heads down and everything's looking good. Looking forward to my midwife appointment tomorrow now.

Only just found this group but planning a home water birth. Have attended 2 local homebirthing meetings so far which have been very useful. one lady had, had 10 previous hb's!

Wow that is impressive! I had a quick look for home birth meetings near me but couldn't see any. Might ask my midwife if she knows of any, although I do have a couple of friends who have had home births so I may just ask them any questions I have.

Her 18 yr old daughter has just had her first baby at home as well which I thought was impressive too.

Hope you can find something, try facebook if you're on there too. Think that's how I found mine x

Hi ladies im 17weeks pregnant with no4, planning for my first home birth, my MW is really supportive which is great, as i inquired about a HB last preg and the MW was really negative and put me off, Im really excited about the whole thing :happydance: xx

Hi aw1990, glad you have a supportive midwife. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I have my home visit tomorrow from the midwife to go through everything. Had an appointment yesterday and everything still looking great and she's starting to engage.

So excited for you both!

Didn't get my booking visit after all, instead she came round and said she needed to do another blood test before they can book me in. She was lovely though and said she'd hurry it through so I can have my booking visit on Monday. She also said if my iron is low they'll work to make sure it goes up and I'll still get my home birth whatever happens. She said she thinks it's a good idea for me to stay at home.

My iron's fine and I'm booked in and as long as I don't go into labour before Tuesday I'm all set for my home birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->