Home birthing pool... to pre - half fill or not

hannpin

Mummy
Reaction score
Just after a little advice really girlies. I have had conflicting advice and wondered what u girls who have been there and done it, or hoping to have or plan to do.

I have a eco mini birth pool in a box and have it blown up all ready to go, but the question is do I half fill it ready, as it is going to take prob another 50 mins to get full and to temp and empty every few days to re fresh the water, or just leave it empty and start from fresh when I go into labour.

My MW has scared me as she thinks my labour will be quick, so I really do not want to jepordise my dream water birth just because I havent got the pool ready iykwim.

TIA :flower:

Fill it when you start. You don't want it sitting around and doing that potentially for weeks. If you fill it as soon as you feel confident youre in labour and dont get it done in 50 mins thats a bloody fast labour! And your Mw can't predict how long your labour will be even with a history of quick labours. I also think its not good for us psychologically because once in labour, if you have a normal or longer labour it could be disconcerting or demoralising. It could even make you worry and think unecessarily.

Your labour will be the perfect length for you and if your baby is supposed to have a water birth, then they will ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->