Home doppler?!

treasured

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I'm 11+1 today and have my 12 week scan in a week. This is an IVF pregnancy after 5 years of infertility so naturally terrified anything could go wrong
I bought a fetal doppler just a cheapy online and today I found a lovely strong heart beat - it was amazing!!!!!

But now I have started to read negative stories of doctors recommending against them and them not being accurate but there was no denying that HB! Does anyone else use one ( I know your meant to only do once a week or somthing) but I found it so comforting.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Xxxxxx

I used one between 9 and 16 weeks when I couldn't feel anything much and it gave reassurance. I don't use it very often now I feel him move a lot. I think the drs say not to do it as it is so easy to miss the heartbeat at an early stage and it causes unnecessary worry.

I've used mine once a day since 11w4d. I've heard warnings like that too, but if you only use it for a min (just for a quick check), I'm sure it's fine.

This is my first and I've had almost no symptoms. I know so many women who've lost their firsts that I just need this to reassure myself til I can feel strong, constant movements.

My advice is just to not overdue it. : )

I used to use my sonoline b daily from about 9 weeks aswell. I will with this pregnancy as well lol, I might start trying a bit earlier this time because I didn't get my Doppler until I was 9 weeks last time.
You've just gotta remember not to freak out if you can't find it, I always found it easiest in the beginning to do it first thing in the morning before I'd eaten, or even got out of bed lol x

I used to use my sonoline b daily from about 9 weeks aswell. I will with this pregnancy as well lol, I might start trying a bit earlier this time because I didn't get my Doppler until I was 9 weeks last time.
You've just gotta remember not to freak out if you can't find it, I always found it easiest in the beginning to do it first thing in the morning before I'd eaten, or even got out of bed lol x

I do it first thing in the morning, before I get out of bed too. haha

I have one and use it weekly and did with all of my pregnancies. I stop using it once I feel regular movements, and then I keep it handy for when my babies go through a growth spurt and nap more. (They'll often kick at the doppler, letting me know it's okay in there!)

Thanks for all the replies girls! I didn't see much wrong with occasional use, I used it first thing too on a full bladder which helped. I know it's normal for it to come and go as baby is moving etc so won't panic too much if I can't find it :) I've not had an awful lot of symptoms either and it seems like an eternity to wait until next week haha, even though I've waited years for this.

How is everyone else getting on in their pregnancies? Xx

the only reason ive ever been told not to use one is because it can stress us if we dont find the heartbeat.. i told my doctor i use mine every day and i find the heart every single day since 8 weeks and she has said if it takes my stress away then by all means do it every day. :) there definitely no mistaking that lovely galloping sound <3

I think docs and midwives are against them as a) it worries women when they can't find the HB, which is perfectly normal early on and b) the heartbeat is not necessarily a sign a is OK. So long as you understand that, then there is no harm. I think they get a lot of women rushing to hospital because they can't find the HB when there is nothing wrong and if you went through pregnancy without one, you wouldn't panic! Later on, you should 100% go on babies movements and not the HB. Baby could be in distress and still have a HB!

I used one from 12 weeks up until I felt baby moving for definite. Not everyday, just a couple times a week. I don't really use it now, occasionally as I just like to hear baby but very infrequently. I go on babies movement. :) enjoy listening to your little one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->