Home Improvement

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Hope everyone is okay! Okay so we live in a semi detached and a neighbour said something about doing some maintenence on the outside of the house and asked if we would like to split the cost and can do ours aswell. It may be approx £150 but got to wait on costs etc. I said yes if let us know what prices come out at. I am now wondering if we can afford the cost or if will be too much of stretch. I am back to work on reduced hours and we are going on holiday sept, hubby needs dental work doing which we were going to get done july but cant afford so may have to wait til next year (this will be £209) and we wanted to look at going on first family holiday abroad oct next year and trying to get some catalogues cleared by july next year to give us more disposable income. I am worried now incase they come back and say its gonna be £150, £200 + etc and we feel pressured to go ahead with it. Would it be rude of me to say I have looked at finances and atm we cant afford (if it turned out it was too much). It wouldnt stop theirs being done just ours would look a little less nice. Lol.

xx

I would maybe say that 'we would love to have it done but we'd only be able to pay £150 and if it's going to cost more than that then thank you for the offer but we'll leave it'

Yeah I am sure they will understand they know we have a baby and I have been on maternity leave etc. Hopefully it wont be too much.

xx

It was good of them to ask and i'm sure they won't mind if you say no.

My neighbours asked us to split the cost of a joint fence. We just said its definately something we'll do in the future but not now as we'd just had our LO. If its essential maintenance it will probably need doing at some point but I agree there are other priorities ATM

If it costs too much, I would just politly tell them that you cannot afford the cost at this time.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->