Home Made Chips

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for oven cooking chips?

I've just got rid of my deep fat fryer once and for all.

Buy some fry light cooking spray..

Peel and chop potatoes to chip shape (or any shape you fancy)

Boil them for 5 - 10 minutes

Place on baking tray & spray with fry light

Cook for about 30 minutes & turn them a few times..

One thing I found is to make sure all chips are really chunky because thin ones end up really crispy and often burned!

xXx

you can also flavour them up by tossing them in oil and paprika or cajun spice then cooking in oven they taste fab

I basically roast them in olive oil with salt and pepper or season-all. Make wedges or chips in the same way. Usually take about 40-50 minutes at 180, make sure you give them a good stir at least once in the cooking otherwise they stick.

Buy some fry light cooking spray..

Peel and chop potatoes to chip shape (or any shape you fancy)

Boil them for 5 - 10 minutes

Place on baking tray & spray with fry light

Cook for about 30 minutes & turn them a few times..

One thing I found is to make sure all chips are really chunky because thin ones end up really crispy and often burned!

xXx

I do this too,they are great and low fat .Also the 1 cal spray is only 99p in Asdsa at the moment :thumbup:

I can only echo what the others have said but after you have boiled them leave them for about 5 minutes and put them back into the empty saucepan with the lid on and shake them to rough the edges x

I just cut them into chip shapes and drop them in hot oil in a pan on the stove.. cook until they brown and they rise to the top of the oil. then u know they are done (when they float basically).

sorry didnt read it properly. U said 'oven' cooking ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->