Home made gifts?

motherofboys

Reaction score
Is anyone attempting their own home made gifts this year? I'm going to give it a go making collage canvases for the grandparents with pictures of the boys.
I'm not good at this stuff usually so need all the luck I can get :haha:

Last year I made scrabble frames and initial frames but it took ages and I just don't get the time now.

Love handmade though and would buy handmade gifts over shops like stockings, outfits etc

I'm making stockings for my girls. This is dd2's finished one.

Attachments

• IMG_20161012_145015.jpg
    IMG_20161012_145015.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 6
Ive made MIL a tealight holder and printed some recipes and laminated.

My OH is havingba scrap book and poem.

Most peoples gifts will be made!

I'm making a few presents for the kids. This is the first one I've started - a doctors kit

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/Nikki_Giffard/IMG_0487_zpse5hbecdn.jpg

Disclaimer: All the boxes/tubes are empty before I get social services called lol!! I've still got other bits to go in yet - my sister has a spare stethoscope she's going to give me, I've got a few more medicine bottles/packets to go in once they are empty, I've got print outs of patient 'charts' to go in, and I'm going to make a surgical mask and turn one of DH's old shirts into a white coat.

I need to turn the case black but its a shiny sort of box and all paint just wipes off it. Any ideas of how I can turn it black? I thought about sticky back plastic but not sure I've ever seen any black though.

What about black spray paint? You'll probably need a primer first though? That way you can remove all the metal bits and screw them back on. I've not done this so not sure it'd work, but was thinking of spray painting a plastic dolly wardrobe my little girl was given and watched a couple of YouTube videos. Alternatively, Amazon do have black sticky back!

I'm making a few presents for the kids. This is the first one I've started - a doctors kit

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/Nikki_Giffard/IMG_0487_zpse5hbecdn.jpg

Disclaimer: All the boxes/tubes are empty before I get social services called lol!! I've still got other bits to go in yet - my sister has a spare stethoscope she's going to give me, I've got a few more medicine bottles/packets to go in once they are empty, I've got print outs of patient 'charts' to go in, and I'm going to make a surgical mask and turn one of DH's old shirts into a white coat.

I need to turn the case black but its a shiny sort of box and all paint just wipes off it. Any ideas of how I can turn it black? I thought about sticky back plastic but not sure I've ever seen any black though.

That's so awesome!
You can get spray paint designed for plastic which would probably work? I once sprayed a shiny plastic toy bath thing and it took well, never come off with knocks etc. I got it from Wilko.

My canvases and modge podge arrived. Just waiting for my brushes and then choose some photos to print

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->