home - portable Fire Escape ladder

TinySunshine

Reaction score
I want to buy one for piece of mind because i'm in a second storey flat, but i'm not sure which of the following options to buy that would be reliable and not delatch from the sill while i'm climbing down with my toddler. From the inside sill, over the lower frame around my window glass, to the outer sil placed further down than the ledge on the inside i would have to choose a ladder with a window bracket that does not have a bar that expects to go flat over the entirety of that distance it would need to be an n shape. And i think my ledge and wall thicknesses mean that many of the ladders that fit up to 15 inches or there abouts would be just out of range, the two products below are almost pushing it by estimation, i plan to acurately measure in the morning! If i'm within their range and window shape, could you tell me regardless of this criteria whether you find theae products trustworthy in general?

safelincs.co.uk/portable-fire-escape-ladders/#/x-it-semi-rigid-fire-escape-ladder/

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/fire-escape-ladders/#/rollo-roll-out-ladder/

Contact your local fire station and they will give you some advice and may even send someone round to your home to do an assessment.

I'm sure they will be able to offer you and expert opinion on which products will work best for you, although hopefully you will never need to use them x

I want to buy one for piece of mind because i'm in a second storey flat, but i'm not sure which of the following options to buy that would be reliable and not delatch from the sill while i'm climbing down with my toddler. From the inside sill, over the lower frame around my window glass, to the outer sil placed further down than the ledge on the inside i would have to choose a ladder with a window bracket that does not have a bar that expects to go flat over the entirety of that distance it would need to be an n shape. And i think my ledge and wall thicknesses mean that many of the ladders that fit up to 15 inches or there abouts would be just out of range, the two products below are almost pushing it by estimation, i plan to acurately measure in the morning! If i'm within their range and window shape, could you tell me regardless of this criteria whether you find theae products trustworthy in general?

safelincs.co.uk/portable-fire-escape-ladders/#/x-it-semi-rigid-fire-escape-ladder/

5 Best Fire Escape Ladders (March 2020 update)

I'm ina 2 bed flat on the second storey as well and I checked prices but they're extortionate! Which one did you go for in the end? Hopefully you've not had to use it, but are they practical to get out if needed? I'm worried as I'm expecting and have a two year old. unless we move out and rent a house nearby, then it's something I'm definitely getting.

I was gonna say you should get a free fire safely check by your local fire department / council . Ours came out and replaced all my fire alarms because we have children under the age of 5 .

Sorry didn’t realise the original post was so old !

Abeda -get a fire safety check

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"