Home Pregnancy Tests - which ones do you rate/slate?

I used cheap internet test with my first, they were brilliant

It has to be clear blue digital. I wouldnt use any other. There are a few clear blue digitals that i have seen in shops the one that i would say is the best is the one that msrs 20 miu which is the most sensitive on the market and its so easy to read. The result comes up as pregnant or not pregnant . Its really that simple there are no lines to look at. Just words. I do find that the 20 miu is hard to come by i actually started thinking that they had stopped makeing them at one point always just the 25 miu which are still good too.
I hate the boots one. They are shit. To put it nicely. lol

I think the clearblue digital are a good idea because a lot of people get a faint line and don't know for sure. Still I've done one with a previous pregnancy and bot a BFN but then tested again that day with an original clearblue and it was positive.

I really like original clearblue and first response.

I hate the predictor and the internet cheapies and sometimes they work and sometimes they're dodgy.

i'm wondering since this is about preg tests, brands and quality.

Has anyone heard of Pro-care 1$ tests from dollarama?

Don't use those!! They are awful. A very quick search on the internet will produce hundreds of webpages with stories of people who were 7 weeks pregnant and still not BFP on these cheapies!

I know this is an older response - but I agree. I am not sure of how many weeks I am, but the cheapies were giving me negatives and then a VERY faint response - went out and got the ClearBlue Digital and First Response, both came up VERY positive. I was experimenting with the cheapies and they still are showing very faint today. Crapola!!!!

I used Tesco own double pack but was a faint line on both. also tried a chemist cheapo the next day and it BFN so there are arguments for and against cheapos.
thanks for all the info gals!:hi:

:hissy::hissy: just thought I'd have a quick rant on here about Boots +/- tests!! I did a test a week after :witch: and it was a faint :bfp: as was the second one that I did out of the pack of 2 which I then realised was a false alarm. Now... cd32... did a test again and got the same kind of faint :bfp: but it is just the same as the other ones that I did... so I am not buying them again. :hissy:

I didn't think when I bought it this time. :dohh:

As I am so impatient and I have just tested very early... I have decided to help me through the next few days to buy a double pack of "Ultra Early" pregnancy tests online. I have never used them before and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them? They are called ACON Early Detection tests and they supposidly test at 10miu. I have just ordered them and it was £5.99 for a double pack. Thanks :blush:

Any clear blue test seem's to work for me. I always use them if i suspect i'm pregnant and i'm late. I swear by them.
Not really tried any other's although i usually have cheapie internet tests in the house but i don't really rate them as they have an annoying hait of showing evap lines for me. xxx

Hi, I' ve used just about all, and it seem that the internet HPT 10miu are far the best. I have also use alot of OPK's the best I found were the first response ones, the CB Digital never picked my O up!!

I've just ordered some 'ultra early' pregnancy tests off ebay. It says you can use them from 6 dpo so I might get testing this weekend. Trying not to get my hopes up but I just can't help it!

When I had my dd, I used a clearblue pregnancy test when I was a week late and got my :bfp:

:hug:

I have tried first response, tescos own and some i bought off the internet. I'm not a fan of any as non have told me what i want to hear. ALL :bfn: :rofl:

I like first response, because I never get false positives, and I have had early results. Clear Blue (not the digi) I hate...always negative for eons. Clear Blue digi...love...but not the price. I hate all BLUE dye tests...I have had false positives...so now I only buy red dye test.

Superdrug's own brand bloody excellent under a fiver and tets at 10 mi whatever's!

True I got a positive and came on on due date but line was very faint and obvs was chemical preg no fault of superdrugs test at all.

My sister used the ones off of fertility plan on ebay, I have just brought some at 20 mi whatevers and some at 10 mi whatevers. I just hav to control myself and not test until i'm due my period.

I've tried FRER, asda two for 99p and IC... so far.

I liked the asda ones best so far, as they were nice & wide but all :bfn: to date :hissy:

I will try an expensive one ones if I get a hint of a line on the internet cheapie's I have here.

Has anyone used the Canadian Brand "Pro Choice"??

Have used Clearblue digital, first response and ASDA's own brand. I like ASDA's the best - because they are super cheap (2 in a pack for under a fiver) and sensitive too! Can test up to 4 days early. Clearblue digital is obviously the best - but expensive too! Would use to it to confirm, but not for daily early testing. Oh - and have used the internet cheapos too - don't rate them.

Have not tried Sainsbury's, Superdrug or Tesco own brand. May give those a try in the future.

How about OPKs? Which ones do you rate? I am trying the Clearblue digital OPKs at the moment - on day 12 of a 26 day cycle, and no O yet - wish us luck!:hugs:

just an update - we got our O on the digi clearblue today. yay! Would recommend them, there is no mistaking the result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->