Home Visit

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
I've got a midwife coming to see me at home tomorrow, its not my own midwife this midwife is coming to talk about feeding, bathing, bed sharing & baby illness & other serious (not nice) things that can happen.

My own midwife mentioned it to me last time I went and said this midwife wold call to arrange to see me at home (which she is tomorrow) but I just wondered (and didn't think to ask at the time :dohh: ) Why they come out to your house & why you don't go to see them at the surgery/hosp?

I just wondered if they come to "check up" on you, ie make sure you don't live in a pig sty and your house is "safe enough" to bring a baby home to?
My house is spotless (bit of a clean freak!:blush: ) and it wouldn't bother me if she asked to look round in fact I'm expecting her to either ask or hint to be shown where the baby's going to sleep.

Has anyone else ever had a MWife round to go through all these things & did they want to look around?

Our booking in appointments here are at home! I thought the same thing, about being checked up on! I think they would rather discuss these sensitive things where you are more comfortable.

I had booking appointment at home ...

they not there to snoop just making u more comfy an talking in private is better

xxx

Had my booking in appointments at home, MW just sat in the front room both time. Though 2nd time round my MW had Ella going through her bag lol

haha my MW come the first time and my house was a complete mess, she didnt mind at all, didnt even seem to notice tbh

Well she came, she was lovely she said she does days at the hosp and days in the community......I really hope she's there when I'm in!
She really put our minds at rest about a few things that have been worrying us.
She asked about what we plan on doing when we come home & I told her we're having a couple of days on our own & she said thats what she reconmend's which was great to know we're doing the right thing. Even if certain people don't agree (Grrr!!), she said some people might get funny (and they have!!) & feel left out (wish they'd grow up!) but its tough we should do what we want to do! That's what I'm planning on doing! Its quite hard cos with some people its one bloody thing after another (Seperate post me thinks!!)
Anyways it was rly good, she didn't look around but we were prepared anyway!

Just the big countdown now......:happydance:

Wanna meet for a rant soon hunni??

xxx lol xxx

Wanna meet for a rant soon hunni??

xxx lol xxx

OMG....When you read my other post you'll wanna run in the opposite direction.....seems like all I'm doing is complaining about MIL!!!

Wanna Scream!!!!

Nahhhh ... I NRLY had the MIL from hell the BITCH lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back