Home water birth

babies7777

Momma and ttc
Reaction score
Hi can anyone please give me some advice of arranging a home water birth. I said to the midwife yesterday i wanted one and instead of offering any kind of info all i got was you have to sort it all out yourself and a long list of reasons why you may not be able to have one. :growlmad:

Things i want to know are what types of birthing pools should i be looking at? does it need to have a heater or can u just keep topping up with hot water? any links to pools you have used would be great.

Thanks for any help. :flower:

Where about in the UK are you? Why don't you think about popping along to your local homebirth support group or choices in childbirth group? They often have free to loan pools and will certainly know how the land lies in your area :)

Im in St Helens, i asked the midwife yesterday if there were any birthing centres here etc an she said no and really didnt offer any other info. Im quite new to the area, stupid question but how would i find groups is there a website etc?

Where about in the UK are you? Why don't you think about popping along to your local homebirth support group or choices in childbirth group? They often have free to loan pools and will certainly know how the land lies in your area :)

Apparently theres one in Warrington. Let me know if you'd like the person's email address :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->