Home

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Thanks for all your kind words and support. We got home a few hours ago. I am absolutely exhausted. What a long week it has been!

The week started off okay. We spent last weekend visiting family in Skegness. Kinda like a mini holiday I suppose. We had a great time. However, OH and I came back with one hell of a cold. By tuesday Cailtyn seemed to be getting it too, she was stuffed up and crabby. On wednesday she had quite a high temperature and was really restless, she would spend ages crying. She wouldn't settle unless i was holding her. We were up most of wednesday night with her as she wouldn't settle at all, she was hot and wouldn't keep her food down. On Thursday morning i called NHS direct to ask for advice as she still hadn't kept any food down. They said it sounded like gaestorentoritis (sp?) and that i should take her to the hospital straight away.

We got to hospital at about 12pm and they admitted her straight away. They took a blood sample from her and a urine sample to take to be tested. They put her on a drip to keep her fluids up. At about 2pm i tried feeding her but she brought that up too. I felt so helpless seeing my baby so sick.
The test results came back with no abnormalities which just made everything seem so much worse. My baby was so ill and i wasn't getting any answers. They gave her infant paracetamol which made her very drowsy, i just kept holding her and singing to her to try and pacify her. In the early hours of friday at about 2:30am i was kinda drifting off to sleep when Caitlyn had a small fit. All i could hear was her making funny gurgling noises, when i looked at her her tiny body was shaking all over. I shouted for the nurses and so many of them swarmed round her :cry: I thought i was going to lose her.
The doctor said that it was caused by her high temperature. On friday she managed to keep about 2oz of her bottle down which was a huge relief to me and overnight she improved dramatically. She hasn't been sick since about 4pm yesterday and the change in her is amazing. She has even smiled for the first time... real smile, not windy!

I've never been so afraid in my whole life, i just wanna thank you all for your support especially the girls who have been texting me. I don't know what i would have done without you guys!

Thank you so much

xxx

Glad to hear everything is ok! hope she is getting better quickly:hugs:

Oh darling what a week you have had - I am so sorry you had such a fright & I am soooooooo glad your all home, well & safe!!

A little hug for baby Caitlyn x x

Poor baby and poor mummy too... I can't even imagine how scared you must of been to see your new little baby so ill... Im really glad your home, you'll have to have a nice relaxing week indoors and try and rest as much as possible..

:hugs:

Thank goodness everything is fine, your little girl is a beauty best wihes to you and your family. Take care hun.
:hug:

Awww so glad to hear that she is ok!! :hugs:

Ah hun sorry you've had a awful week, glad your home now and hopefully caitlyn is feeling much better :hugs:

Oh hun thats so scarey, i really feel for you, Im sitting here filling up just reading!

Im pleased they've let you home and Caitlyn is feeling better :) Take care of yourself too

xxx

glad to hear you back home, :hugs: for the week youve had, and big :hugs: for Cailtyn too XXX

glad to hear she's improving, what a week!!

Oh what an awful week you've had...sounds so scary :(

So glad to hear she's doing better and you're safely home :hugs: x

aw glad you are back home now. I know how crappy it is living in a hospital!! it's such a great feeling sinking down into your own bed isn't it? Glad Caitlin is doing well I hope she'll be fine from here on out now! :hugs:

:hug: Welcome home. Glad to hear Caitlyn is starting to feel better. Hope she continues to make a speedy recovery :hugs:

:( I'm sorry to hear she's been so ill babes. big hugs to you both, I'm glad she's okay :hug:

so so so happy that u and caitlyn are home and she is doing better. u have had a such a hard time and u both deserve a good rest. take care hun xxx :hug: to caitlyn from baby jack xxx

Glad you are all back home again, it must have been very scarey for you all :( Joe had febrile convulsions when he had high temps last March :nope: I was petrified :(

Many hugs hun..xxxxoooo :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->