Homebirth hopeful due anytime

mumof1+1

Mommato#4beauties
Reaction score
Well, I have my 2nd planned homebirth booked and my due date is next Thursday so we are now just (impatiently!!!) waiting.

I had planned a homebirth with my last team yellow baby who turned blue but unfortunately didn't make it as a homebirth. As it turned out the anterior placenta had caused him to be a posterior baby, he weighed in at 8lb 1oz with a head that just couldn't get down the birth canal of its own accord due to his position.

Well this time I'm pleased that my placenta is posterior and after a 34 week breech scare baby turned and is currently lying with its back to my front or there abouts.

So here's to hoping to a second chance at homebirth. I really hope it works this time as I don't intend on having any more children. My OH and I will have 2 together when this one comes and I have an 11yo daughter from a previous relationship.

Will update this thread when the time comes.

XXX

Good luck!!

I'm also a 2nd timer hoping for the best and planning for the best despite last time. Love to hear how it goes for you :) I am due the 29th

Good luck, hun! I'm also planning my second homebirth. Midwife transfered me to hospital due to exhaustion, but still had my baby girl (we're were team :yellow: and are with this baby too) with all natural with no pain relief. I hope everything goes well for you!

I had planned a homebirth with my last team yellow baby who turned blue but unfortunately didn't make it as a homebirth. As it turned out the anterior placenta had caused him to be a posterior baby, he weighed in at 8lb 1oz with a head that just couldn't get down the birth canal of its own accord due to his position.

XXX

Hi

So did you attempt homebirth and were transferred, or were you advised that it wouldn't be possible because of the position of the baby?

I'm exactly the same at the moment, anterior placenta and baby is currently back to back, but hopefully will turn in time.

Thanks

Good luck!!

I'm also a 2nd timer hoping for the best and planning for the best despite last time. Love to hear how it goes for you :) I am due the 29th

Its actually my 3rd baby but they wouldn't let me have a homebirth with my 1st :(.

Thank you, and good luck to you too :) xxx

XXX

Hi

So did you attempt homebirth and were transferred, or were you advised that it wouldn't be possible because of the position of the baby?

I'm exactly the same at the moment, anterior placenta and baby is currently back to back, but hopefully will turn in time.

Thanks

I got all the way to pushing at home, nobody had told me he was back to back or I would have laboured on all fours where possible and tried to turn him beforehand... I had to be transferred, had I not we would have lost him, his heart rate was dipping badly with each contraction at the pushing stage and he was taking too long to recover, when he did recover it was going far too high then dipping way too low again at next contraction.

Having said that, It has been known for back to back babies to be born without a problem, when they got him out it became clear why he was struggling so badly, and it was simply because he had quite a large head. Even the doctor struggled to get him out with ventouse.

I don't want to scare you but thats what happened to me. That doesn't mean it will you. Go on spinning babies website and get together any info you can on spinning baby to be back to front during labour. Aparently it can be quite common for waters to break first with back to back labours too but it is still possible to turn them during labour, after researching after the trouble I had I found that labouring on all fours can help but you may suffer with back labour too.

Sorry for the delay in replying, i had forgotten to check this thread!

Good luck hun, let me know how you get on :) Im sure all will be fine though xxx

I don't know what the cut off point is for homebirth and I believe that induction would mean it was out of the window but so far no good. I have had 2 sweeps, at my last one i was 50% effaced, 2cm dilated mw said she could stretch it to 4cm as it was really stretchy but baby was free - irrelevant as its my 3rd i know. I have been loosing my plug everyday since Sunday afternoon, Sunday being the biggest loss. Thought I was in labour on Saturday as was having tightenings of some kind which disappeared when I went to bed :(

I have to ring midwife on Friday to arrange a 3rd sweep and discuss induction options. I really hope baby comes before hand or im not going to get it again :cry:

Im feeling really gutted right now :(

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"