Homebirth turned hospital birth

La Mere

Mama of 4, ttc #5
Reaction score
My hubby and I had planned to have a natural waterbirth at home, I had two midwives as we moved in the middle of my pregnancy. My first midwife was wonderful, she was like a second mother to me and with her we had planned for a waterbirth in the living room of our second story apartment. Fast forward a couple months and we are settling into our new home an still searching for a midwife in our new area who would do a waterbirth... we finally found one! (Funny thing is, I had found her before we moved but never really confirmed anything.) My new midwife, who was about 2 hours away from where we live is an absolute doll! She is like the sister I never had!

The prenatal visits all went wonderfully and as my due date grew closer we all became more excited! But then, my due date came and went!! I was getting really anxious, but a week later with my mom coming to visit for the birth and about 30 minutes away from the house I went into labor. My husband inflated the birthing pool and began heating up the water to fill it. After my mom arrived, I finally called my midwife to tell her that I was for sure in labor. My midwife arrived with her assistants at around 2 am, (I went into labor around 10:30 pm) I continued to labor both in and out of the pool, using a birthing stool, birthing ball and just being on all fours... I eventually wore myself and my daughter out enough to where my midwife thought it was best if she got us to the hospital. (And that was at about 12:30 -1:00 pm) I labored for a couple more hours and gave birth to my DD all naturally at 3:45 pm! It may not have happened the way I had planned for but it was still a wonderful and breathtakingly beautiful experience that I wouldn't change for the world!

congratulations, it sound like you had a calm for filling birth! x

Thank you all! It was very calm, got a little tense when the decision to go to the hospital was made, but it all turned out for the best!!!

Congrats sweetheart!

I eneded up in hospital too...its not all bad, a short hospitla stay made me appreciated the labour at home more.

Congrats sweetheart!

I eneded up in hospital too...its not all bad, a short hospitla stay made me appreciated the labour at home more.

Thank you!! I agree with you there, it definitely made me appreciate laboring at home so much more! Hopefully when it is time for my next LO, I will be able to have them at home!:kiss::kiss:

Hope you're all settling down at home!

Oh, yes, we are settling wonderfully. I cannot believe how fast she is growing! She'll be 9 months this saturday!!

I looked at the calendar this weekend and realized DS2 was 6 months!!

Eekk

Thanks for sharing your story - glad everything turned out OK. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->