Homecooks club

Hey well its me DH birthday 2mo and I want to make him something different, im always doing chicken with something so Id like 2 make some thing differen

Maybe with pork,lamb or some type of fish any ideas?

homemade fish n chips!

i posted before how i do my chips and i make crispy battered fish using guiness and flour mixed together to a thick batter.. im useless with weights etc so i put some flour in a bowl and then add small amounts of guiness until it gets to a nice batter

then i fry in 4cm of oil turning until brown

yumyum

Ill add that 2 me list cheers hun, I really need to start cooking more I enjoy it as well so no excuess really, im just pants when it comes 2 ideas

tonight we had chicken wraps for dinner,

i made chicken strips using breadcrumbs, egg and flour as i mentioned before then i baked them in the oven. opened a pack of tortilla wraps and put them in the microwave to warm, then loaded the wraps with lettuce and tomatoes for my husband and added peppers and onions to mine. i had mine with salsa out of a jar but my husband didnt have anything.

and i put some tortilla chips on the side!!

you could also try a pork casserole?

just put some chopped veg and some browned off pork in a casserole dish, add some stock,some thickener and some seasoning then put in the oven at gas mark 4 for an hour and a half then serve with fresh bread!

i think what ill do is ill come on this thread every day and update with what we had for dinner :rofl:

yesterday we had a gammon joint which i roasted with honey and soy sauce, my husband had homemade chips and peas with his and i had mashed potato. served with fresh peas and sweetcorn

I now cook everything we eat from scratch too. I used to rely heavily on jars of sauces and thought it would be too much of a pain to cook completely from scratch. About 8 months ago I started making stuff from scratch, it is more time consuming but I get a kick out of knowing I've made it and I know exactly whats gone into it too.

I cook alot from Jamie Olivers Ministry of Food book, really easy recipies too. :)

i think what ill do is ill come on this thread every day and update with what we had for dinner :rofl:

yesterday we had a gammon joint which i roasted with honey and soy sauce, my husband had homemade chips and peas with his and i had mashed potato. served with fresh peas and sweetcorn

this one sounds the ticket is it easy to make?

yeah its really simple

i boil my gammon joint for around an hour, preheat the oven to gas mark 6, criss cross the fat, in a pan heat equal amounts of honey and wholegrain mustard, add a dash of soy sauce (you can leave this out if you want) and 100ml of dry cider heat until it goes thick then spoon over the gammon joint

roast for about 25mins (obviously depending on the size of the joint

cheers ill try this 2night fingers crossed I dont blow it hahah what are all the ingredents that i need?

If anyone has any quick and easy teatime meal recipes I'd appreciate them. By the time I get in from work its after 5pm and Hannah gets her supper bottle at 6.30pm and in bed by 7pm so need to be able to get something ready for her quickly.

I looooove Taco Salad. It's a meal in itself!

You need...

Thousand island dressing
iceberg lettuce
sweetcorn
mince/veggie mine (I use veggie)
taco spices
cheese

Cook off the mince with taco spice as per instructions of the pack.

Then layer everything in a bowl! I break up the taco shells into little pieces and do it: lettuce, sweetcorn, cheese, mince, taco, dressing.

That's it! It's SO yummy. I cooked this for the guys on base this week and they all wolfed it down and they hate salad :lol:

To make it low fat, I use veggie mince, low fat cheese and low fat dressing. :)

a ham joint/gammon joint
3tbp honey
3tbp wholegrain mustard
some soy sauce (optional)
100ml dry cider
potatoes for chips
veg

boil the ham/gammon for an hour, preheat an oven to gas mark 6,
put the honey, mustard and cider in a pan, bring to the boil and cook until it thickens
criss cross the fat on the ham joint, place in roasting tray
pour over the glaze mixture and roast in oven for around 25mins

Peas
Onions
single cream
black pepper
spaghetti.

Cook spaghetti

Fry off some onions in a pan and add the peas. Add the cream and simmer gently.

Add cooked spaghetti and stir.

Season generously with black pepper.

Done!

You can add parmesan, chicken, cooked prawns, asparagus....anything really. I just find the above it a good starting point for a nice base sauce.

I love cooking from scratch but i always run out of ideas and i rarely use recipes just kind of experiment. Its really satisfying and an ego boost when you make something from scratch and its a hit.

Last night i made fish pie for the first time and i have to say it was really nice. I was well impressed with myself.

Stuffed Yorkie Puds

Onions
new potatoes
peas
carrots
sausages
big yorkie puds
gravy

Fry or grill some sausages

Cook off some carrots and peas

Boil new potatoes

Make up gravy

Chop and fry and onion, add peas, potatoes and carrots and cooked sausages.

Fry over low heat.

oven cook puddings.

Add gravy to pan with all the veg and sausages.

Simmer to thicken gravy.

Put everything in the cooked yorkies.

YUM!

I use veggie sausages and veggie gravy :)

Stuffed Yorkie Puds

Onions
new potatoes
peas
carrots
sausages
big yorkie puds
gravy

Fry or grill some sausages

Cook off some carrots and peas

Boil new potatoes

Make up gravy

Chop and fry and onion, add peas, potatoes and carrots and cooked sausages.

Fry over low heat.

oven cook puddings.

Add gravy to pan with all the veg and sausages.

Simmer to thicken gravy.

Put everything in the cooked yorkies.

YUM!

I use veggie sausages and veggie gravy :)

I like the sound of this one! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"