• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Homecooks club

I'm constantly cooking..We're all veggies in my house so I have no idea how to cook any meaty stuff though :rofl:

Oooh and for dinner tonight I'm doing veggie burgers in seeded buns.Im going to make like a tomato and pepper relish thing to go in them and then probably some homemade skinny chips :)
Not very healthy but Im having my first day alll week of being able to keep my food down so Im hungry!!

Hmmm, tonight will be Chicken casserole, with Jersey Royals, Carrots, Peas and Brocolli.. yummmmmmm

Last night was Steak with Cajun Jecket Wedges, Grilled Mushrooms and ...... wait for it, mushy peas! At my OH's request... he's an odd one

Mmm Cajun Jacket Wedges,yummy :)
do you know what?Ive actually never eaten a steak in my whole life...Not even when I was a meat eater,are they delicious?x

yeah its really simple

i boil my gammon joint for around an hour, preheat the oven to gas mark 6, criss cross the fat, in a pan heat equal amounts of honey and wholegrain mustard, add a dash of soy sauce (you can leave this out if you want) and 100ml of dry cider heat until it goes thick then spoon over the gammon joint

roast for about 25mins (obviously depending on the size of the joint

I do something similar to this,
Boil gammon joint in cider r cider and water combination for about an hour with a couple of carrots and onions
Then Roast it wrapped on foil marinated on freshly squeezed, oj, honey, ground cumin and (I think corriander) for an hour... its yum

Mmm Cajun Jacket Wedges,yummy :)
do you know what?Ive actually never eaten a steak in my whole life...Not even when I was a meat eater,are they delicious?x

Yes if cooked properly and it's good quality meat... we have steak once in a blue moon coz I'm so fussy I buy it from a farm shop that charges an arm and a leg usually.

TBH I normally have quorn peppered steak things... yummy!

Oh Jen, you've made me think about quorn now... I want quorn bangers and mash for tea!!! :hissy:

we dont often have steak.. i was a veggie for 16 years and im still really fussy with my meat.

we ended up having a stew

SWEET POTATO SHEPHERDS PIE

1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion , halved and sliced
2 large carrots
2 tbsp thyme chopped
100ml red wine
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 vegetable stock cubes
410g can green lentils
950g sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into chunks
25g butter
85g vegetarian mature cheddar , grated

1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the onion until golden. Add the carrots and all but a sprinkling of thyme. Pour in the wine, 150ml water and the tomatoes, then sprinkle in the stock cubes and simmer for 10 mins. Tip in the can of lentils, including their juice, then cover and simmer for another 10 mins until the carrots still have a bit of bite and the lentils are pulpy.
2. Meanwhile, boil the sweet potatoes for 15 mins until tender, drain well, then mash with the butter and season to taste. Pile the lentil mixture into a pie dish, spoon the mash on top, then sprinkle over the cheese and remaining thyme. The pie can now be covered and chilled for 2 days, or frozen for up to a month.
3. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Cook for 20 mins if cooking straight away, or for 40 mins from chilled, until golden and hot all the way through.

Tonight we ordered pizza, I didn't have to cook :mrgreen:

While I love to cook it's nice to get a break!

I'm stalking too.. :D
AJ weaning is my reason to start cooking/eating healthy, he just doesnt seem to like my cooking!! :dohh:

Can I join too, I cook most meals from scratch, I really enjoy cooking and spend my weekends watching cooking shows and looking up recipes for the following weeks dinner.

rawife, that sweet potato sheppards pie sounds really good, I make one with regular potatoes but is completely different. Do you think it would be as good without the wine still? Is there a good substitute for it?

Going back through the thread to look through more recipes...I'll have to come back and add some soon. I'm making homemade chicken and dumplings I think tomorrow...it's an all day thing but soooooo worth it..it really isn't hard or anything just takes time for it to cook, not alot of effort

Tezzy all ur meals sound amazing! I too LOVE cooking from scratch, makes me feel good about making foods with the least preserve sin them etc. I do cheat over weekends and when Im v tired (nearing the end of my pregnancy and have NO energy!)
I love buying fruits n veg from the market and freezing things like chopped celery & carrots - cos they are a great base to many recipes.
Tonight Im making a simple macaroni and cheese with tomato in it mmmm :)
Another thing Ive started is growing my own herbs - very rewarding but not easy BUT sooo much cheaper than buying from shops. I saw 2day my purple basil has started growing and I already have a basil, rosemary, mint, oregano and thyme plant.
I would like to make some nice lamb recipes as my mom cannot eat it and she will be away next week so thought Im make something with lamb for me and hubby..what are your faves ladies?

aww thanks celine! :blush:

tonight we had pizza! basic pizza dough with cheese.. with a salad on the side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"