Homemade Curry?

Lover

Mummy to Leo & Rosalie
Reaction score
How do you make yours?

I've tried a couple of times but it either ends up like stew or like soup & lacking in flavour :(

I make varities of curries.
one simple one for beginners is-
Add 1 tbsp oil in nonstick deeppan, fry some sliced onions and 2-3 halved green chillies. Also add some ginger and garlic (chopped or paste). Careful with pastes as they splutter. Add 2 chopped tomatoes. Mix them then add chicken or veg. Sprinkle some salt, half tsp turmeric powder, half tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala and some lemon juice. Mix well and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes (if using big pieces of chicken, then leave it for 30-35 minutes). Usually leaves its own juices so you dont have to add any water. But for vegetables, you need to add some- might be half cup.
Meanwhile in between add half tin coconut milk and then stir again. this milk makes it sweeter so in case you need the curry spicy, then add more chilli powder.
garnish with garmished coriander leaves and leave it closed for 5 minutes.
then your yummy curry is ready to be served with rice or naan bread.

Hope you try this and like it.

Are you cooking it in the oven? I've tried cooking curries on top of the gas before but they always end up tasting watery. 1.5 hours at about 180degrees will bring out the best flavour!

This is how I make mine (please note I make about 12 portions at a time and freeze it!):

Chop an onion and saute it in some oil.
Add chicken and cook.
Meanwhile have pot of chopped potatoes cooking.
Add 3 tins of chopped tomatoes to the chicken.
Add a jar of Curry Paste and a jar of Curry Sauce.
Add some frozen spinach.
Once the potatoes are cooked add them to the pot.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for about an hour!

xxx

I've never been good at curries until my mum told me this recipe and it's sooooo nice!

Add 2tbs of veg oil to a frying pan / wok
Add 2tbs of butter
Add finely chopped onion (to taste)
Add finely chopped garlic (to taste)
Add 1tsp of chilli powder
Add 1tsp of tumeric powder
Add 1tsp of garam masala
Add 2tbs of mango chutney
Cook over heat and then pour in blender

Add 6tbs of natural yogurt to blender
Add a handful of sliced almonds to blender

Blend until smooth

Meanwhile, cook chicken in the same pan you cooked above, that way, the chicken picks up the flavours from the pan and cook your rice.

Once the chicken in cooked, pour over the sauce to heat and serve with a few more sliced almonds on top, to taste.

Forgot to add, the recipe says to add salt but I don't add salt to anything so you might wanna do that. I also think the yogurt could be subsituted easily for coconut milk and still taste lovely if you'd prefer! It's very mild and creamy - really nice. :thumbup:

I'm a bit late to the thread but here is a great Korma recipe and a great https://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/indian/03/rec0324.htmlRogan Josh recipe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->