Homemade food or Jar food?

Home made food but if im out i will give on occassion ellas organic kitchen ones or plum organic ones but that very rarely. Only twice a week or so. just me preference XxX

mostly homemade food for us but like Ema we use a jar if we are out and about, if i am going to someones house i take homemade, just find if your walking about its easier to take a jar

Lou
xxx

Hayden had a mix of organic jarred food and food I made

i wanted to do all homecooked but i will have to admit as zanes so picky i give him jars and then finger food

with Jack I started him on jars to get him used to it then I started getting different veg

and blending them, putting them in little tubs and freezing them. I still used the jars

occasionally if out and about but I think homemade is far better! its the use by date

that puts me off jars too, how can something be nutritious if it can stay on the shelfs

for like two years? but they Are very conveniant hmm x

Home made, but last night after the meet she had a jar :lol: I was knackered :blush:

Homemade, although I do have a few jar's, just in case.

We started off with jars-as he only had teeny amounts to begin with, now i've started cooking from scratch for his evening meal but admit i use jars for the day if i go out as it's just easier/more convenient.

keely.

ps-the pouches of baby stock/sauces are great to cook with as there's no salt or sugar added etc.

I make homemade food for Jay but will give him organic jars or pouches if we're out and about as it's so much easier :D

xx

Breakfast and Lunch are homemade apart from a custard pot and dinner is a jar x

both for me.... i thought he'd love my homemade stuff but he generally finds it vile..... hope OH doesn't..... i slaved over a hot stove the other day making a beautiful beef stew and i pureed it up and fin did the 'being sick' face. cheers mate. xx

Just homemade for me, don't really intend on buying jars. I spent £1 on carrots, and a couple of pound on sweet potatos and brocolli in morrisons, and have frozen up to a months worth of food in advance.

I always said I'd make all my own food but when it came to the crunch we had a couple of incidents where restaurants etc wouldn't warm up the food I'd made for "health and feckin safety" reasons:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

I got so wound up about it too, that after that I used Hipp Organic jars while out and about and gave them at room temperature instead of warming them. Getting babies to eat food warm as well as room temperature is a great tip I reckon coz sometimes it's not possible to warm the food up (at the park etc).

Hipp Organic jars aren't too thick and claggy at room temp either, Cow and Gate etc couldn't really be given at room temp (the older baby jars anyway) coz they are far too thick:hissy:. That's what i found anyway.

Sooooooooo about 90% home made, batches in the freezer is easiest:happydance: and about 10% jars and baby cereal for brekky.

We go between the 2, more homemade now as she is eating alot of "big peoples food"! I always used hipp jars for stuff with chicken in it cos I was always scared of cooking chicken for her for some reason! :dohh:

a bit of both for us, maddi only likes the hipp jars, and i love cooking for her, but sometimes jars are more convenient x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->