Homemade slime, anyone?

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I haven’t tried this out myself yet as only found it yesterday, but thought I would post it and see if anyone else has made their own slime, or if not, then perhaps it’s something to try.
DD has become fascinated by the stuff. To the point she watches YouTube videos of people getting their various pots of slime out into one huge ball of slime. So this prompted us to find out how to make our own slime so she can have various colours to play with, instead of spending loads on it from the shops.
So we came across a YouTube video of a woman who makes slime for her children, she used the following:

PVA glue

Boots own contact lens solution

Bicarbonate of soda

Food colouring (the proper stuff, not the weak stuff sold in most supermarkets)

Glitter (optional)

And a small splash of baby oil

She didn’t use specific amounts, she did it by eye, and she also said that you have to use any glitter whilst mixing it all in rather than after otherwise it goes weird. She said use the professional food colourings you can buy, the stuff you would use to colour cake with, and not to use too much as your children will have colourful hands lol
Will be grabbing the ingredients and trying this out soon, if anyone has successfully made their own please do tell me your slimy secrets :D

I'll be following this.. We've failed twice now! I used Asdas contact lens solution then tried it with pva glue and airwick airfreshner, seemed full proof after watching countless videos.. Nope still just a bowl of yellow glue we have :haha:

I saw the same video on YouTube and plan to try it sometime. Apparently the contact solution has to contain boric acid, or else it won't work.

Saw some slime activator advertised on a board outside whsmith, but when I went in to look, they were charging £14-99 for a bottle. No way I'm paying that much!!

I'm sick of the stuff!!! :rofl:

No idea how they make it... I bought some ingredients they asked for and send them outside!

I saw the same video on YouTube and plan to try it sometime. Apparently the contact solution has to contain boric acid, or else it won't work.

Saw some slime activator advertised on a board outside whsmith, but when I went in to look, they were charging £14-99 for a bottle. No way I'm paying that much!!

Yes, this! But not all of them I don’t think? I think that’s why specifically Boots own. I think she mentions one of the brands but said it’s expensive for the same result with Boots own.

Wobbles, I feel the same about kinetic sand lol! It’s frustrating more because it’s taken out of the sandbox and played with on the floor so it becomes all gross and hairy

We use borax, ordered it from ebay, was about a fiver and results in nice stretchy slime. They used contact lense solution in school and after a day or 2 it smelt so bad, i dont know why?

I find slime from the shops tends to have a weird smell but I’m assuming you mean a worse smell ... I don’t know why actually. That is strange

superdrug contact lens solution also works. I use PVA glue, shaving foam and contact lens solution and make fluffly slime. I want to try the bicarb one with clear PVA.

My 8 year old daughter and her friends make this stuff all the time. I hate it! :rofl: We have a very strict "no slime in this house" rule after she has managed to ruin her entire comforter set with it AND it took nearly an hour to get it all off of our brand new patio table top.

I won't tell her she can no longer play with it because she finds so much joy in making it, but she is keeping her little butt in the front yard and it stays elsewhere! lol

superdrug contact lens solution also works. I use PVA glue, shaving foam and contact lens solution and make fluffly slime. I want to try the bicarb one with clear PVA.

Ooo interesting! I shall try this too. Still haven’t got round to trying it :dohh:

Don't know if anybody has seen various news articles lately about some slime being dangerous?

I read one article where a girl got burns on her hands from the borax in her homemade slime.

There was another girl, where it made her ill with sickness and stomach cramps.

Also was reading another one where they were testing slime bought in shops and quite a lot of them had in a higher dose of chemicals than would be recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->