Homemade wipes? How?

Rhapsodi

Reaction score
Ok so I'm think of switching to homemade wipes. I know I can use just warm water and flannel.

How do you do your routine? Wipes warmer with water in it? Go to bathroom then to changing table? Etc.

For the flannel how big of squares? Do I need to surge the edges? Can I just cut and use not worry about fraying?

I changed my first on the floor in the hall by the bathroom. That way there was easy access to warm water and bathroom stuff stayed in the bathroom. Planning the same with my second. I actually changed my first on the counter when she was very small, but she outgrew the space fairly quick and I don't have that kind of counter space where I live now.

I used baby wash cloths the first time around. I would think the flannel would fray a bit, but you could always start with larger pieces to see how it goes. Then from there you can sew the edges or cut it down, based on what you find you need, after you've got a bit of experience with it.

I have a little change area in Emily's room and her nappy bucket is in the bathroom. I have a bowl of water next to the change mat and top it up everyday. I just wet each wipe as I need it. I use cotton wipes made from old baby grows so can't help with flannel.

I bought these spray bottles and I keep them filled with water, one in the diaper bag, and one at the changing table. I just keep the flannels in a little container, dry, and spray them with the spray bottle. Sometimes, I spray her bum too. If it's really cold, or she's sleepy, I'll wet the flannels with warm water at the sink (if it's convenient of course), but if she's happy, she likes being sprayed.
It's worked really well for us!

I use a solution of distiller water, witch hazel and a few drops of kissaluvs diaper lotion potion (which is just a mixture of essential oils). We just spray it on cloth wipes. Like wish4baby, we have one bottle in the diaper bag and one on the changing table.

I bought a pile of washcloths meant for faces. I just go to the nearest tap and wet them and change her wherever.

I also just use baby washcloths and water. I keep a jug of water on the change table, it has a spout pointing down, like a drinking water disenser . also hanging from the change table is a sealed basket for soiled ones. Those get tossed in with the diaper wash. Easy peasy.

When her diaper is really gross i change and wash her in the bath so no gross washcloths to worry about

I have always changed on my knee. I like the Nature Babies washable wipes, and just use a small top and tail bowl of warm water. Wet them, wipe, rinse in the tail side of the bowl and use again if necessary. Then a clean one next time.

I made double sided wipes with flannel on one side and cotton terry on the other. I serged around them because they will fray. I made them about the size of a baby washcloth.

We have a wipes warmer. We keep it on the change table but now that the kiddo is getting bigger we have to come up with a better solution. I think I'm going to keep a basket of dry wipes and diapers in the living room and just wet them as needed. I use only water because kiddo has sensitive skin. We tried Scarlett's Naturals wipe solution but it gave him a rash.

Good luck!

i honestly don't think i can do without the wet wipes, it make life so easy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->