Honest opinion please - rhyming ish name

Reiko_ctu

Reaction score
DH and I have talked about Peter being our middle name if this baby is a boy. We have toyed with it being the first name but it’s not our favorite, but it is 2 of our grandfathers name and we’d love to use it for a middle.

we are still making a first name list, and I really like Sawyer. We don’t have any friends with that name.

But they both end in ER.

Sawyer Peter... too weird? Too rhymey? Honestly I do think it’s weird but don’t know if I’m overthinking it. Just running it by you guys, and I’m really not set on it but it’s on my list. I haven’t even brought it up with DH and he'd probably hate it. But if most people think it’s a weird sound I won’t even bring it up.

I had a long reply typed and it didn't go through. Ugh. Anyway, 2 things...

1. I had a name chosen like that for my first son, and I couldn't get past the fact that I felt like it didn't flow, so I changed names. But to each their own, and middle names aren't used much anyway.

2. BUT I used to teach elementary school and I'm afraid it sounds too much like "saw your peter", as in penis, bc kids will make fun of anything!

I had a long reply typed and it didn't go through. Ugh. Anyway, 2 things...

1. I had a name chosen like that for my first son, and I couldn't get past the fact that I felt like it didn't flow, so I changed names. But to each their own, and middle names aren't used much anyway.

2. BUT I used to teach elementary school and I'm afraid it sounds too much like "saw your peter", as in penis, bc kids will make fun of anything!
Oh dear lolol... never even thought of that XD

Agreed. If it doesn’t feel like it flows, I say keep it on the back burner. You never know when something else may inspire you. And I have to double down on the elementary school thing, I teach fifth and I definitely have had students who will hear saw your p*. Flip side, plenty of innuendo in names so if you love it then I don’t think it’s a total dealbreaker. But the flow is really important. I use to practice the full name on various voices lol. Angry 90s parents voice, wedding officiant voice, graduation voice.... just to be sure I liked it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->