Honest Opinions Welcome! :)

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
Can you give me some opinions on these 3 names (fav one, least fav one... what you like/don't like about each one... etc).

Thanks in advance!! :flower:

Austin Joseph
Landon Anthony
Brandon Tyler

I like all 3 first names, but not the combinations. Landon is my favourite of them (wanted it on our list, but DH vetoed) but I personally would put it with Joseph to avoid doubling up on the "an" in both Landon and Anthony.

Austin Joseph - This one is best, Austin is pretty cool and serves a young man as well as a boy, although an older man called Austin may be a bit unusual. Joseph is timeless

Landon Anthony - This is one of those names that's probably going to age terribly...Clearly a trend name, and always either makes me think of a cockney telling you where they live (Laandon!) or land on ____ (as in poor Anthony, don't land on him!) I can imagine 50 years from now a group of Landons and Jaydens seeming very, very old-fashioned and foreign to the following generations.

Brandon Tyler - Sorry, I think this one sounds a bit lower-class, like he'd have to learn to spit well and wear a Burberry cap.

It's so interesting how our geography affects the associations we have with names. Jumpingin, are you from the UK? For me (from Canada) even though I like the name Austin, it has a bit of a country singer, southern feel to it, and it's also a city in Texas. I would guess that it will age similarly to Landon.

Lol, I also don't get the Burberry reference...again, probably due to where I live! But I don't mind Brandon on it's own, but the name Tyler has always bugged me for some reason, so the combo doesn't work for me.

It's so interesting how our geography affects the associations we have with names. Jumpingin, are you from the UK? For me (from Canada) even though I like the name Austin, it has a bit of a country singer, southern feel to it, and it's also a city in Texas. I would guess that it will age similarly to Landon.

Lol, I also don't get the Burberry reference...again, probably due to where I live! But I don't mind Brandon on it's own, but the name Tyler has always bugged me for some reason, so the combo doesn't work for me.

In the UK certain names become known for whatever silly reason as 'chavvy', which I guess is kind of like what you'd see as trailer trash? It's not nice and it's kind of silly that we see certain names like that but it's hard to get away from! Names like Brandon, Brayden, Aiden, Tyler all fall in to it, and often modern American names that you guys all love are seen that way too if they're used here. It's weird!

Austin Joseph - really dislike Austin, no real reason. Joseph I love and would put that with one of your other names.

Landon Anthony - like Landon, but really dislike Anthony, prob because all the Anthony's I've known have been very ugly 🙊.

Brandon Tyler - like Brandon, but Tyler is a 'chav' name in the area in the UK where I'm from.

Honestly I think that you could come up with some nicer boy name combos, your advice and suggestions are always really great :) x

I really like Austin but would spell it Austen. I like Landon too. Not 100% sure on the middle names.
Xx

Yeah, I'm in the UK. Honestly, Brandon and Tyler are both seen as kind of our version of "trailer trash" names, at least in the area I'm in.

Yeah, I'm in the UK. Honestly, Brandon and Tyler are both seen as kind of our version of "trailer trash" names, at least in the area I'm in.

Ya, I can see that...just didn't understand how it relates to Burberry hats :haha: They're not really trashy sounding names here IMO, but also definitely not upper class sounding either. Just kind of middle of the road. I know 3 Brandons, all from good homes, but they are also my age...haven't met any LOs with the name, as it was more popular when I was growing up. Names that are considered not super classy in my area (by most people) would be names like Brandi, Destiny, Bentley, Mercedes, weird spellings of names like Jackson or Madison...stuff like that (hope I don't offend anyone!) OP's ideas of Landon and Austin aren't trashy at all IMO, but I'm not sure about their timelessness. Matching with a MN like Joseph provides a nice, classic balance though, I think!

Honestly I think that you could come up with some nicer boy name combos, your advice and suggestions are always really great :) x

LOL - Thanks! This made me laugh. I'm not sold on any of these names, nor do I have my heart set on any of them. So i'm def still looking & searching for "just the right name." These 3 are just ones I've always liked - for many years - but don't quite "love." When I suggest names to other ppl on here, I put a lot of thought into their other children's names, the styles they seem to like, their locations, etc. They aren't necessarily names I would use - but names I think they may like. I, personally, like "trendy" names - rather than "traditional or timeless." But I know modern/trendy names are not usually well received on here! :haha:

I'm not a huge fan of Anthony or Joseph - but they are family names. So I've been playing with the idea of possibly using one of them as a middle name choice.

Thanks for all the opinions!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->