Honest opinions

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I found this dress while browsing. It's the first non couture dress I've even considered, though I'm not 100% on it. Considering buying it to try on, what do you think? I am really nervous about going to an actual wedding dress shop and want to avoid it if at all possible, plus I haven't got that much money to spend on a dress.

Anyway, this is it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/105862...-and?category=weddings.dresses.handmade-gowns

Well DD said ''pretty mummy'' lol! IMO its a very pretty dress, but it wouldn't be weddingy enough for me. But it does look like it would be a very comfortable dress to wear all day and night :) xx

Tbh if you're not 100% on it then it's not the dress for you. Keep looking. You'll eventually see a dress and think "I've just gotta have it!!", then that is the dress you'll want to marry it :flower: x

I didn't see the bottom of it when I posted this link, I'm not to keen on the frilly bits at the base. It is the basic shape and style that I wanted though. I'm not in to huge puffy dresses at all.

You're probably suited to a Jenny Packham style dress then. Hers are very expensive though so best to search for someone who copies her designs or at least copies her styles :thumbup: x

I just saw the price of the Etsy one...your budget clearly isn't as small as you think!! Jenny Packham has a range at Debenhams too. Maybe look on their website? :flower:

I mean I can't spend the £3k or even the £1k that most nice dresses cost. I do like Jenny Packham but agree they're way too expensive. No idea how to find someone who copies her styles :shrug:

I thithe with the style you like then you should be able to find something within your budget. I've gone for a biggish dress and had to settle for a sample dress to keep cost down. It was reduced from £2300 to just £300 :shock: If that's something you're happy to do then that might be an option? Or those Chinese sites make copies, but you've gotta be really careful with them :wacko:

Its not me but it is nice! I dont think its nice enough for the price either, to me thats a very expensive dress for what it is!!

I know you said you didnt really want to go to bridal shops but id really recommend it just to see different styles on you!! I was so nervous going, hadnt got a clue what i wanted or what suited me and they were so helpful :)

It's a lovely dress but if you're not 100% on it then its not the one. I really didn't want to try dresses on in a bridal shop and instead favoured looking online but my MOH dragged me to a shop and I'm so glad she did because the style of dresses I was looking at online looked awful on me!!

Even if you don't intend to buy from a bridal shop definitely try some on just to get an idea of what does and doesn't suit you! I was really shocked to find out that the style of dress I hated online was actually what looked best on me :hugs:

I was just on the House of Fraser website and Phase Eight have some gorgeous wedding dresses in a similar style to what you might be after. Have a browse. The blue cross sale started today too so dresses that were £500 are now down to as little as £150 :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->