• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Honeymoon in November/December ideas

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Me and OH are having our wedding in early November and are considering a cheapish honeymoon afterwards. We don't mind whether it's somewhere hot, somewhere snowy, or a cold city break, but we don't want to go to a beach holiday or anything when it's chilly (we went to Portugal in April last year and it was too cold and was a terrible holiday in the end). I adore adventure holidays but OH doesn't so those are out too, and we can't go skiing as that's too expensive.

Any ideas?! I'd love to go to Turkey but I think it'd be too cold around that time, so perhaps a city break somewhere, but don't know where?!

Prague would be lovely and the Christmas markets will be starting too

Berlin/Frankfurt/Munich have the best Christmas markets ever but I don't think they start until late November/beginning December. Other Christmas markets aren't a patch on the original German ones xD

I think Paris would be beautiful in Winter! :)

We are going canary islands or our honeymoon in sept
Temperatures in nov are still great. You might be able to get a good out of season price too
Congrats
Xx

Gosh I hated Paris in winter haha! But when I went they were building up to the 2012 Olympics, thinking they'd win them.. So they'd 'tacked up" the Eiffel Tower etc haha.

I went back to Paris in may this year, loved it :) x

For somewhere in Winter I'd also suggest Munich.. Gorgeous. You could even drive down to Austria (couple hours) for a day to do a little skiing, it's not too expensive for just a couple of hours :) x

I went to Paris in winter with my parents it was gorgeous! Then again if i go to Paris i would just get a ticket to the L'Ouvre and stay in there all day :coffee:

I do adore Paris. Me and my best friend at uni decided to go there on a whim and although we spent nights sleeping on buses it was fantastic. I don't know if my OH could handle whole days of me dragging him around art galleries though :haha:

Also considering the possibility of having an early honeymoon and going somewhere cheap and hot in September/October (OH suggested it) but not sure?

Norweigan Fjords Cruise? My parents went a couple of years ago and loved it. They went right up to Svalbard.

Baltic Cruise? You go to Copenhagen, Tallin and St Petersburg

Norweigan Fjords Cruise? My parents went a couple of years ago and loved it. They went right up to Svalbard.

That sounds absolutely amazing but don't they cost a bomb?

Thailand? Bangkok and then fly onto a beach resort.

Italy would be my dream, even if it was freezing I would just sit and eat watching the world go by. X

That sounds absolutely amazing but don't they cost a bomb?

The Fjords one cost quite a bit but....they paid for an expensive suite as it was their 30th wedding anniversary & mam's 50th Birthday. Have a look on Travel Zoo, they usually have a few Fjords cruises for quite cheap (£500ish).

The Baltic was about £1400 each, again, they had an upgraded room (my parent's don't slum it with the common people :rofl:)

Spain? Might be able to get a cheap deal there.

Key is to book direct-cut out the travel agents...well use them to find the hotel you want, and then:
Google the hotel-book direct
Go on a flight comparison site and book direct. You will save up to 50%
xx

Iceland! Or Copenhagen, Stockholm, Krakow, Bruges.

ooh any of xmas markets would be lovely.

or the Dominica Repbulic for a beach resort but not to expensive (friend just got two weeks all incluse 4* for £800!)

I would say Egypt as we went in Novemeber as was still 30 degree - but with the trouble atm maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->