• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hook effect at 6 weeks pregnant?

sarsaparilla

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I bought a ton of internet cheapies right before I got my BFP. I figured I had them, so why not use them?! I've been testing pretty regularly since I found out (I was 3+3 when I found out--EARLY!) and the tests got really dark, really fast (FRER was as dark as the control line at 11 DPO, Wondfo at 17 DPO). The last two days I've noticed the tests getting lighter. I've had no bleeding or severe pain and I feel fine, but I always thought the hook effect was true later on, not at six weeks! I'll try diluting my urine tonight, but I really hope it's the hook effect and nothing is wrong!

they could be faulty if your so concerned go to drs and get the pregnancy confirmed

they could be faulty if your so concerned go to drs and get the pregnancy confirmed

The pregnancy is confirmed. :) I've had bloods done as well as an early u/s at 5+3. Everything has been fine so far. Just wondering how early the hook effect can start.

With this pregnancy I hit the hook effect at just five weeks with IC tests :) got me a very strong and wriggly baby

I'm sure it's the hook effect, maybe you should stop testing, I know it's hard but your probably causing yourself unnecessary worry x

Sounds like the hook effect to me sweetie ! Did they see anything on your US ? it could be twins if they did not see anything :thumbup:

I had the hook effect around six weeks. Best thing to do is stop testing now.

I would stop testing, you're only worrying yourself more than you need to!

If you're super stressed about it call your doctor, they could reassure you more:thumbup:

Sounds like the hook effect to me sweetie ! Did they see anything on your US ? it could be twins if they did not see anything :thumbup:

It was early, so all they saw was one yolk sac and one gestational sac. :) Hopefully when I head back in two weeks, there will be a baby in there!

I did an experiment with diluting urine last night and it's definitely the hook effect! I'll stop testing now. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->