Hooping Cough injection? - 28 week appointment.

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score

I had my 28 week check up today, midwife is very happy and baby is measuring bang on still for his dates - which makes for a happy mummy :)

My blood group is AB+ too, so nothing to worry about in terms of rhesus etc
(I did find out what the swabs were for, for people who were asking, they were MRSA swabs. One in my nose, throat and groin, they're trying to catch people with it before they go into hospital, to help reduce infections or something).

My blood pressure is also fine.
She said I should book in to get some iron as my count is a bit lower than they'd like it to be and as I've been feeling tired, she suggested I get that sorted. So I'm seeing a GP for it next week.

She recommended I get the injection for whooping cough - good for me and baby. I have my appointment for it tomorrow.

Have any of you had this injection?
Did it hurt and did you get any side effects from it?

I had it at 29 weeks. My arm was a bit sore or 24 hours after but I get this with all injections.

As with all vaccinations if you googled it there will be horror stories out there but personally if I didn't have it and my baby contracted whooping cough I couldn't live with myself knowing I could have had an injection preventing it.

I had mine Tuesday, it did sting a little but that was it.

My arm at the moment feels like someone as punched me really hard and It was very uncomfortable to sleep on but apart from that its ok.

That's why I didn't google it aha!
I have work on Saturday, so I'll just let my boss know that I've had it.

I was undecided as to whether to have mine due to horror stories, but the MW wouldnt suggest it if she didnt think it wasnt safe or necessary, right?! Scary. I just want whats best for my LO.

Didn't hurt at all, just a sore arm for about 3 days after.

I spoke to my mum and apparently me and my brother both had hooping cough when we were babies. He was worse because he was asthmatic too and could have died if she hadn't been steam cleaning everything etc

Had mine tuesday. Sore arm, like its been punched really hard, like another lady said.

I had it, diddnt hurt at all but I did have a sore arm for about 3days.

But of advice don't get the jab on the side that you sleep lol I can only sleep on my right and I stupidly had it done in my right arm! No sleep for 3days lol xx

Yup I had mine and just a dead arm for a few days :thumbup:

I got mine wednesday. Yesterday and today just feels like ive been punched in the arm. No side affects though, injection site is just a bit red and raised. x

The nurse that gave me my jab said that the one we get is the same as babies get, it has the diphtheria jab in as well.

I wonder if our babies will get an incredibly sore arm after it as well? I would assume so?

I'm unsure - having had 2 LOs already and never having had this jab, superstition sort of says 'don't risk changing anything'. Silly, but I wonder if doing this differently would have an effect on baby, when my other two have been perfectly healthy. Also, having an August baby, 1st jabs would be in October, which is still mild so highly unlikely to catch whooping cough (also Earl off school, so even less chance). I'm genuinely torn. Hubby agrees with me though, and seeing MW on monday and haven't agreed to have it yet, so will have a think. I've never had the 'flu jab either while pregnant - just don't feel it's necessary to put extra things into me.

For me I chose not to have the flu jab simply because little man will be here in July. I had no vaccinations with my other two either but that being said I really didn't want to risk not having the whooping cough Jab... Its just not worth it in my eyes, we've been through so much to get here...

For me I chose not to have the flu jab simply because little man will be here in July. I had no vaccinations with my other two either but that being said I really didn't want to risk not having the whooping cough Jab... Its just not worth it in my eyes, we've been through so much to get here...

Agreed, I am definitely having the whooping cough jab but I've had to reschedule it for Tuesday. But I'm not having the flu jab.

There is a large increase in cases of whooping cough at the moment. That's why I had it, a lecturer in college, I study part time, is actually a midwife at the hospital I am giving birth at and she said to the class about the increase they are seeing at the moment. I didn't think twice about not having it done. Especially as I wasn't given it as a child cause my elder brother had fits?!

I'm nearly 32 weeks and my midwives hasn't even mentioned it. I don't see her again until 36 weeks. Who do I speak to about getting it

I've had it, 28+4 I think I was.

No side effects at all just a sore arm after a few hours that lasted a couple of days, didn't feel the injection at all.

My midwife asked the other night at antenatal who'd had the jab and all our hands went up! 8 ladies! She was very pleased, definitely worth getting to protect baby from such a preventable illness.

I had it and my arm hurt for a couple of days where the nurse jabbed me but other than that no side effects

It wasn't sore but I felt like shit for days after BUT I had it on the same day that I had my flu jab so I think it was that. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->