Hope

Reaction score
I want to offer hope. To all the single mums, and single mums to be!
I've been single for almost 2 years.

I got pregnant by a prick of a man, a complete druggy who just wanted to go to the pub and do a few lines and lie on his ass all day playing on his XBOX.

I left him when i was 6 months pregnant, it took a while to get over him completely, not that i was still in love with him, but to get over the pain and hurt of what he was and my situation.

I spent a year concentrating on my baby, didn't try and lose the baby weight, or go out and meet people, just stayed inside and learnt what it was to be a mum. Last november i decided it was time to start to lose the weight and after a few false starts, i did eventually start losing weight.
Then in January i decided i wanted a man, maybe just a few dates, maybe just to see what was out there.

I had a couple of bad first dates, actually, not even 'bad' as they were nice enough guys, but i had just learnt that i had become really picky, that not only did i want a man for me, but someone who would be a father figure to my daughter.
So i spoke to more men, searched, dated, and now, i've found Lee.

And he is amazing. Everything i could have wanted and more. Perfect father figure, adores both me and my daughter, and i really think this is it. He is my future.

So i am here to offer hope. To all single mums, all single mums to be.

You can do this alone, you will be fine, and one day, when you're ready, you don't have to do it alone forever, you will find love again. You will find someone who wants you, and wants your child/children. There are good men out there, better men and you will have an amazing life and fall in love and live happily ever after. Fairy Tales do happen.

Just don't let the fear of your past, or fear of being hurt, stop you from a possible amazing future. Live fast, Love passionately, and only regret the things you do do, rather than the things you don't x

It's lovely to hear stories like yours they pick me up when im down and feeling sorry for myself. I do think that there are nice blokes out there, and one day i hope my prince charming comes along too!

In the meantime i am enjoying slobbing out in my PJ's, not wearing matching underwear or shaving my legs- lol!

I hope things continue to work out with your fella, im sure you deserve it
x

Glad things are going well for you, hun. :flower:

I joined a dating website a few weeks back and got a ton of messages - it really surprised me because I thought not many guys would be interested in a single mum. It did make me realise that I'm not quite ready to start dating yet, but at least I know there'll be guys out there when I am ready.

I'm so happy for you! You deserve so much to be happy :hugs:

I agree there is definitely hope. My ex broke up with me when I found outI was pregnant with LO (almost 2 years ago). I didn't think I'd ever meet anyone else but I did and we've been now been seeing each other for four and a half months. He's absolutely wonderful with my LO.

Definitely good men out there... everyone here deserves to be happy :hugs: xx

I always think to myself that no guy wants me after I have this baby, but I know it's not true and I am sure that I will find someone one day. It may not be next year or the year after but he's definitely out there for me :) Congratulations for finding someone who's better than your baby's father x

Thanks for giving us hope :) Glad you found your prince charming xxx

I'm getting teary eyed...its the hormones! Lol..Beautiful story.

"Just don't let the fear of your past, or fear of being hurt, stop you from a possible amazing future. Live fast, Love passionately, and only regret the things you do do, rather than the things you don't x"

I love that you wrote that. I know for me I'm still working on the bitterness, and the pain at times so I have some work left on myself to do. but I'm feeling better day by day. thx

Awwww :hugs: You deserve it!!

How did you meet luv??

After me finding a ''booty call'' ive decided i am ready for more serious dating, Im just scared! x

That's a lovely story! Are you not worried about the FOB popping up at any time and trying to see his child / get in the way ect?

Awwww thats lovely to hear hun :) Made me happy to read that x

Awwww :hugs: You deserve it!!

How did you meet luv??

After me finding a ''booty call'' ive decided i am ready for more serious dating, Im just scared! x

We met on a dating site (plentyoffish.com) i also know a lot of other people who have found their ideal partners on that site!
don't be scared, just go for it, you never know what you might find!

That's a lovely story! Are you not worried about the FOB popping up at any time and trying to see his child / get in the way ect?

To be honest, no, i'm not worried about that, FOB has told me he doesn't want to see Bella anymore and i don't think he will as he lives 3 hours away from us and he's too lazy to travel. Maybe one day he'll change his mind, and by the time he'll have no idea where i live or a way to contact me, lol.

Its a great story FOB left me for his ex last week and ive recently joined Plentyoffish x

This (and your other post about Lee) gave me hope, so I headed back to the dating sites after swearing off them after a few bad dates.. now I have a date on Weds with someone really nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->