Hopefully some hope for those with irregular cycles

C

cortina

My cycles have varied over the last 18 months from 27 to 40 days with no obvious pattern at all.

We started TTC last month so I bought the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor - according to the instructions it takes a cycle at least to get to know you and predict your ovulation days so I imagined it would take a while to get pregnant, in my head I thought 3 months.

I got my first 'high' day on Day 9 so we DTD every other day until about Day 20 when I was still getting highs. I imagined I must have either missed my ovulation and not got a peak or that I didn't ovulate that month and that my irregular cycles meant there was a bigger problem, the cycle before this was 29 days so I guessed I would be coming up to my period soon. I then got a 'peak' reading on Day 24, meaning I OVd on Day 25. It seemd super late so I bought an OPK too to verify it and it told me the same thing. I dragged OH into bed, DTD the day before O and the day of and lo and behold, 2 weeks on I have a BFP!

I can't recommend the CBFM enough, if you have irregular cycles it is a godsend - I would have been trying at completely the wrong time of the month without it and definitely would not be pregnant now.

Wishing babydust to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"