Hopes up or not??!

Loui1001

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

If a line doesn't come up on an IC pregnancy test shortly after testing but does show up later in the day does that still count as a positive? Or is it more likely to be an evaporation line?
Have been ttc since a mmc at the start of August and really really hoping for a BFP. And i know the logical thing to do is get a proper expensive test but I'm so scared it'll be negative and I'll be gutted again, AF is due today and tomorrow so I should know one way or another soon anyway.

Any thoughts on lines welcome!

And baby dust to everyone!!!:dust::dust::dust:

I had this happen too but most pregnancy tests say to read it after 3 minutes but also have a time in which the test becomes void. I took the test and nothing, pulled it out of my hand bag that night and positive but the instructions said it was void after an hr. My AF came the next day. Take another one just to be sure though and read it straight away.

Good Luck!

I was thinking it would probably be void as it was quite a while after the hour was up that I noticed the line..... looks like it's not my month

I can totally understand that rush of excitement when a negative test becomes positive.
I know it sounds cliche but don't worry, your time will come soon. I MC in July and have been desperately trying ever since. In the meantime, all my friends, and I mean ALL have announced their pregnancies. Try the Conception Kits you can get at the drug store. I finally got my positive result today and am over the moon. Both pregnancies occurred when I used the kit because my Ovulation days are so late in my cycle.

I'll say a little prayer for you for next month!!!

It takes some people longer to get their positive line. As crazy as it can be to spend money on a good test, they really are the best way to get an accurate result if you want to know early. Sometimes the IC are just hard to read and leave you even more confused. Good luck - hope you get a clear BFP very soon!!

Thanks for the replies girls, was driving myself mad yesterday so did a Clearblue digital test and ........:bfp:!!!!!
So delighted but much more apprehensive this time round, keeping all crossed that it's a sticky bean

Keeping FX for everyone on here :thumbup:

Congratulations!!! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months and this little bean will be as sticky as anything!

Congrats Loui! Hoping its a sticky one for you this time x

Thanks girls, poor OH was starting to get a hunted look in his eyes, he's breathing a sign of relief as the smep plan is casually put to the side........ the things we put ourselves through when ttc......

Congratulations, I hope it is a sticky bean for you. My lines turned out to evap, but hey ho always next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->