Hoping for a Sticky Rainbow in Winter 2015/16

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I've not had the best of luck this year with three losses; a chemical, an ectopic and subsequent loss of my left tube, and a missed miscarriage which I decided to let happen naturally in September. It's been a tough year but we don't really think that they are connected but just pure bad luck. After our MMC we decided to NTNP but I had no idea if or when I ovulated. I didn't really get any symptoms which prepared me so much for yesterday when AF finally showed her ugly face, almost 5 weeks after my MC. So I'm on cycle day 2 now and ready to get going.

I'm going to use OPKs for the first time ever as I'm worried that my very regular cycle might be off after the MMC. I just want to know what is going on in my body. I have lots of lovely girls on my journal who I was pregnant with and having their support has been amazing. Looking to see if anyone else in a similar situation wants to join me in getting our sticky rainbows that would be lovely.

Finger crossed for November!

Hey! So sorry for your losses. You have been through so much. Sounds as if it must be just bad luck and not connected due to the nature of the losses.
I use OPKs and I find them fab! It helps me to know when I roughly ovulate. If you want to be even more accurate temping is great as it will pinpoint O to the day. I have given temping up for a while though as I was getting too stressed with ttc. So now just using OPKs :)

I have had two losses since Dec last year. Most recent in April ending with a D and C. This is our 15th cycle now ttc. We are still hopeful and think it was just bad luck :flower:

I can join you, sadly. :cry:

I've suffered three back to back losses. The doctors are at a loss as to why. My tests always come back normal, which really depresses me in a way, because at least if they found SOMETHING it would be better than finding nothing and it keeps happening. My hormone levels even run higher than average. I literally have twin high pregnancy hormones but have had singletons every time. With my mmc in July my levels ran into the 50,000s before my body recognized the loss. I was horribly sick and carrying a deceased child. It hurts to think of it. I decided to let the mc happen naturally after having 2 D&Cs since September of last year. All of my losses occurred between 6-8 weeks. If I could just get past 8 weeks, I would feel as if a brick has been lifted off of me.

Anyways, I agree that I think opks would help you greatly pinpoint ovulation. I have to use opks ever since my mmc because I've been having weird mid cycle bleeding and my periods have been incredibly long, so I have no idea when I'm going to ovulate. The opks have helped me out a lot.

Good luck to you! I'm so sorry to hear everything that you've been through and can only hope for a positive outcome in the future :hugs:

So sorry to hear of your losses. It's horrible that anyone has been through what I have been through but there's also a sort of comfort in knowing I'm not alone. For me, this AF seems pretty normal so far. Fairly heavy and some horrible cramps and back pain on CD 1&2 but that's like they've been for years. I'm hoping my body will get back to normal quickly. We've not had any issue conceiving before (just keeping the baby) so I'm not sure that I could deal with having to wait for a really long time before another bfp. Hope you get your rainbows soon.

Hey ladies. I'm hoping for a November bfp too. :) This is my 3rd cycle since the loss in July. It never took me this long to get pregnant before (I know it hasn't been that long compared to a lot of women, but every cycle after a loss seems like an eternity:cry:)

I'm on cd7 now. If I do get pregnant this cycle, I would get my bfp around my would have been due date of November7. If I'm not pregnant by then it'll be doubly painful. Really trying to stay hopeful, though. :)

I am joining for a hopeful BFP in November as well. It will be our first cycle trying post lost. We will be observed by my RE using timed intercourse, femara and metformin since I have PCOS. I really hope we are lucky the first time but we will see this is how it worked the last time.

Lots of luck to everyone that this is your month!

I'll join ye for a hopeful November. It's just over 9 months since my beautiful son Max was stillborn at 41+4. I am both desperate to be pregnant to feel hope again and absolutely terrified. It took us 18 months to concieve Max and now 8 months of trying again and nothing so far. I'm attending a fertility clinic for investigations. Last month was my first time on treatment. I took 5 femera on day 3 and a trigger shot on day 13. Follicle tracking showed a nice big follicle and then day 16 showed a perfect corpus luteum. I've gone down to 4 Femera this month as they don't think I need 5. Also have a slightly under active thyroid so starting treatment for that. Really hoping to have a bfp by Christmas or i don't know how I'll get through it without my one year old in my arms xx

Hello girls and welcome! Sorry that you have to be here and for your losses but at least we've all got people to chat to who know at least a little of what we are going through.

AF is on her way out now so I can begin my first cycle of trying again. It feels like forever since I found out that I had lost our most recent baby even though it was only August. I still really struggle emotionally with not being pregnant. It's especially hard as my first baby would be due a week today. Plus my sister is pregnant and I am so happy for her but sad for me. It's really tough. Anyway, the plan is to start using OPKs from Wednesday (CD10) and see where we go from there. Fingers crossed I'll get my BFP in November - I plan to test on the 13th.

Hi everyone.

I just began the miscarriage process two days ago. Went to doc and ultrasound showed inevitable miscarriage. I had heavy bleeding early Friday and all day yesterday. Today bleeding is basically gone. I will go into the doctor this Friday for another ultrasound and HCG check.

My DH and I talked and we are ready to try again even before I get AF. So as long as everything continues okay with the MC, we plan to try again once I ovulate. I got a bunch of pregnancy tests that show how far along you are and I plan to take those until it says not pregnant and then start the ovulation test kit. Hoping for a miracle !

Hi,

I'm keen to join in too. My due date was meant to be Feb 29, but I had a D&C early August. I've had 2 AFs since... we started trying last cycle but no luck, trying again this week (my O date might be around Oct. 22/23).

I just want to say a special I'm so sorry to thumpette. A loss is always sad and life changing but I can only just barely fathom the pain of losing a full term sweet baby. I read many of your blog posts -- so beautifully written. Did the doctors give you a reason why it happened? It sounds like intrauterine growth restriction, or maybe so called 'placenta insufficiency'. I'm sorry if you explained this before and I missed it. I had the former with my first son. I only knew about it because where I lived at the time it was usual and relatively cheap to have bi-weekly ultrasounds in the 3rd Tri. A 32 wk u/s showed he barely grew in 2 weeks (everything else was normal). Long story short I ended up having a C-sect at 36 weeks since the doctors determined he would be "safer out than in". Perhaps all would have been fine had it not been detected but IUGR is the cause of 1 in 5 stillbirths, so I am forever grateful to the German medical system and my doctors there... I was so paranoid I would lose him and I feel so lucky that he was born healthy.

I know this is not helpful now with Max, just wanted to bring it up so people can be aware of the condition, since it's likely to occur in subsequent pregnancies. (so I've heard).

Sorry, didn't want to blather on or hijack.

Best of luck to everyone over the next weeks!
Hugs xo

hi lyn, hi thumpette! :hi:

hi new gals - sorry you have found yourself here but there is lots of support and love :hugs:

I am going to be a Nov tester now since O is taking forever. Should be happening today with pos opk yesterday. Had O pains yesterday too and now today I'm crampy, which is unusual. Going to BD again after work. If I get my temp jump tomorrow, AF will officially be due on my birthday. really hoping for a nice little gift.... :baby:

Hi ladies! I'm joining you for November, however I'm going to try to take a more relaxed approach this time. Going to try not to do any OPKs before I get O pains - I'll probably use one to confirm if I get my regular pains. I don't know if I O'ed this past month or not. I'm in the middle of my first normal AF, and the doc said we could try once I get a normal one. Hubby and I just want to dtd when we feel like it and if it happens it happens. That's what we did the first time. I have 1 sensitive test left.. and have a few of the lower sensitive digis. So... going to try not to buy any more sensitive ones and just use the digis when it's time.

It's lovely to have you all with me even if it's sad due to all our losses. I'm sorry for each and every one of the losses everyone has endured.

AF finished yesterday and my OPKs arrived today so I'll start using them on Wednesday. I've never used them before so that'll be a new experience. I'm not temping along side them this month though. I just want to have an idea of when I'll ovulate seeing as I have no idea how out of sync my cycle will be.

Fingers crossed for lots of BFPs!

Hi ladies :) I'll be joining you in the hopes of a November bfp, although I am actually starting testing at the end of this month.

I'm hoping for my rainbow baby after 3 losses - I lost my daughter, Seraphina, in April 2012. She was 3 1/2 months old. We lost her to SIDS. :cry: My second loss was in June of this year. It was a chemical pregnancy. And then I had another early loss in September of this year. :nope:

My doctor recommended that OH and I wait for two cycles until we try again, however, since there wasn't a medical reason for us to do so, we decided to start trying again right away.

I'm now currently 5dpo and feeling really hopeful and anxious.

I'm sorry for all of your losses :hugs: But I'm glad we all have each other for support. :flower:

Hi Eva, thanks for your thoughts. It was similar to iugr. I was told that Max was measuring small at my 32 week scan, in the 13th percentile. I had lots of scans after that and they were happy with his growth trajectory. They tell me the size thing wasn't an indicator but I think it was. He was 7 pound 5 in the end so a reasonable size but myself and my husband are both tall so he probably should have been bigger. The diagnosis was delayed Villius maturation of the placenta. It's so incredibly cruel. If I'd only gone into labour 48 hours earlier he'd be here. I'll be high risk, closely monitored and induced early if I ever manage to get pregnant again xxx

Aidansxmomma, I am so sorry for your losses. I hope those precious 3.5 months with Seraphina get you through the dark days, it's just so incredibly unfair xxx

I'm so sorry for all of your losses ladies :hugs: The losses of Max and Seraphina are particularly heartbreaking.

LynAnne - I've had quite a similar 2015 to you. I have had 2 losses, the first in January was an ectopic. I lost my right ovary and needed 4 pints blood transfusion. I then conceived again 3 months later in April, but had a MMC at almost 12 weeks and, as with your MMC, baby actually passed at 9 weeks +5 days.

I am post O and am expecting my next AF around 27th of this month, but that means if I have no luck this time I will be able to join you properly for November.

Good luck ladies xx

Aidensxmomma - I remember you from WTT. Sorry for your recent losses as well as Seraphina. It must be very difficult for you. I hope that you get your rainbow baby soon.

Thumpette- Your situation must be incredibly hard. At least you'll be closely monitored in future pregnancies which might be able to put your mind at ease a little.

Everything - Your experience with your ectopic sounds horrible. Luckily for me I'd had some bleeding so I went for an appointment at my EPU so it was caught before it ruptured or anything. They were worried that it was close to my womb and that they might need to remove some of that but luckily it wasn't and only my left tube was removed. Still, not a nice thing to experience! My only consolation now is I will always get early scans.

AFM - I'm just waiting patiently to get started again and then I plan on keeping everything crossed that this can be my cycle and my rainbow baby!

I'm sorry for the losses everyone.

I'm just waiting for my hysteroscopy at this point, it's next Tuesday. I can't wait for it to be done and over with to start the femara. I keep hoping and praying we only need this one cycle for it to happen.

I'm on cd 11 and should O in the next few days. Not temping or doing opks or anything. Just hoping to dtd enough, trying to be more casual and not obsessive this cycle (although I'm still of course really hoping for a bfp) I just feel like I've been too much stress on myself these past few cycles. So we'll see how this one goes. Already starting to see some fertile cm so I know O is coming!

What are you ladies planning to do to help time pass in the tww?? I seriously always test way too early, like starting at 6dpo. So I'm really trying to wait until af is actually due this time. It's so hard though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->