hoping someone can help me! ** UPDATED - PHOTO'S PG2**

LoolaBear

3 On Earth 1 in Heaven
Reaction score
last week i found out my eldest little girl is a rarity.

She has red hair, not only that but she has blue eyes. the majority of the red haired population (natural red heads) have brown or green eyes.

thats not what im needing help with.

from the same person who told me this told me that she is even rarer as she has naturally multicoloured hair. she has blonde, brown and red in her hair.

now the woman who told me this told me what it is called but i cannot for the life of me remember what she called it. all i remember is that it began with a 'T' i have googled and googled to no avail and i would like to read up on it, but obviously can't because i can't remember what this lady said.

is there anyone out there who could help? does anyone else have such a rare genetic princess (or prince) like my LO that knows the name of it?

everyone i talk to comments on how beautiful my little girls hair is (and im not over exaggerating there!) and some people who see me regularly cannot get over how one day it looks lighter, the next day it looks brunette the next auburn because of how her hair lies it shows of the different colours in her hair.

please help lol x

I can't help, but I would love to see pictures of her hair :)!

I must be the same as your LO!! I have red hair which during the summer has some lighter bits that run down front, I had a work colleague who thought I was brunette but when the sun hits it you can see the red. I also have blue eyes! I just thought it was normal and that everyone had different tones and shades to their hair. would love to see pics of your LO!!

I could only find this "Thracians were often illustrated as red-haired and blue-eyed individuals. They were the most populous people on earth and they spread everywhere. They were so populous that their lands were hard to invade until the Roman conquest" As it began with "T" I wondered if it could be that but I don't think it is tbh

As for the hair you describe, it reminds me of the novel My Sweet Audrina. Audrina and other family member have what they call "prism" hair, as it changes with the light

How amazing! I also found the above regarding Thracians, which from what I've seen is the word you're looking for. Its also said that this combination is mainly a 'Celtic' combination. I also found this which was really interesting:

Red hair and blue eyes is the rarest combination on the planet
While less than four percent of the world´s population have red hair (Scotland is the highest, at around ten percent), most of these have brown eyes. As both red hair and blue eyes are recessive genes, finding the two in combination is about as common as finding a four-leaf clover. Red hair and blue eyes occurs in less than one percent of the world population.

Aw wow, I would love to see your daughters hair.

I love little girls with auburn colouring- freckles, red hair.. I think it's beautiful

I can't upload photos from my phone but will upload a couple to show what I mean when I get back to work tomorrow.

I don't think it was tracian she said, for some reason I keep thinking tri phasic but can't find anything with that so guessing not lol.

I will try and take a close up of her hair as well if she keeps still long enough but I have got photos of her where it looks a different colour in each one lol.

Stephx - she has just started developing freckles! It's so adorable! I told her that she's been sprinkled with a very special fairy dust, I want her to love her freckles as I know alot of people with them tend to hate them.

My ex husband had red hair and blue eyes...they were baby blue, too. I always just thought it was the norm with redheads!

Aww she sounds beautiful- Looking forward to seeing a photo if you manage to upload one.

My little girl is a red head with massive blue eyes (although my avatar doesn't really show how blue her eyes are) :cloud9: Obviously I think It is a beautiful combination too :haha:

My brother, nephew, sister in law and best friend and her younger sister are all red heads with blue eyes. I thought it was the norm but I guess I am in a Scotland.

Here's a photo of my nephew, he's quite strawberry blonde though
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Lynzey/1925daa5a8e5bc6278ef702ca5890958_zpsba67879e.jpg

Was the word Tritone?

A couple of photos of my little girl that shows off her red hair/blue eyes combination: (removed).

susie - she's beautiful. will upload photos now. they aren't the best, with the bad weather rolling in now the lighting wasn't so good at half 6 this morning as i got ready for work lol.

but you can see the difference in colours. to some it looks like natural highlights but if you ever get to play with her gorgeous hair you can see the difference more in blocks of colour and a wider variation. in one photo (with her red hood up) you can just see a block of lighter hair poking through (looks like shes had a slice of her hair dyed!)

anyway next post will have her photos.

annoying all files too large, got to convert them hang on a minute!

also in one photo you can really see how big and blue her eyes are, not light blue but bright blue!

won't let me upload most of the ones i want to! but here's three lol

Attachments

• kaydee auditioning to be a real life princess merida.jpg
    kaydee auditioning to be a real life princess merida.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 74
  • New Image2.jpg
    New Image2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 66
  • VERY NOTICABLE AT THE TOP.jpg
    VERY NOTICABLE AT THE TOP.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 62
and another couple.

as i said photos don't really do it justice but you can see the variations slightly and in a couple full face ones you can see that one day her hair looks one colou one day it looks another.

Attachments

• on her fourth birthday.jpg
    on her fourth birthday.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 56
  • looking more blonde here.jpg
    looking more blonde here.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 49
my mom has red hair and blue eyes as does my brother! I thought all red heads had blue eyes.lol

My little sister has red hair that has gold, brown, red, orange, blonde....it's just amazing. And to my DELIGHT, Millie looks also like she's got a touch of red/orange hair - whether it'll fall out yet only time will tell. My little sister has the typical green eyes with hers.

You little girl is absolutely gorgeous. I really really hope she LOVES her hair growing up, my sister does and has never touched it with hair dye / products just shampoo and conditioner, and now she's into her twenties she gets so many compliments and loves it!

Loolabear- she is adorable! The different colours running through her hair are amazing :) Gorgeous!

It's brown eyes which are most uncommon with red hair, usually people with red hair have blue/green/grey eyes. I love red hair, DD looks like she might be red, really hoping so! Your DD is so pretty, and I love how you explained freckles, so sweet!

My little sister has red hair that has gold, brown, red, orange, blonde....it's just amazing. And to my DELIGHT, Millie looks also like she's got a touch of red/orange hair - whether it'll fall out yet only time will tell. My little sister has the typical green eyes with hers.

You little girl is absolutely gorgeous. I really really hope she LOVES her hair growing up, my sister does and has never touched it with hair dye / products just shampoo and conditioner, and now she's into her twenties she gets so many compliments and loves it!

she adores it now. i can't even trim the ends of her hair without her breaking down in tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->