hoping someone can help me! ** UPDATED - PHOTO'S PG2**

It's brown eyes which are most uncommon with red hair, usually people with red hair have blue/green/grey eyes. I love red hair, DD looks like she might be red, really hoping so! Your DD is so pretty, and I love how you explained freckles, so sweet!

everywhere i look its says blue eyes are the most uncommon with red hair as they are both resessive genes and having two sets of resessive genes meet is as common as finding a four leaf clover (as a PP said)

everywhere on google it says brown/green eyes are more common.

hmm be good to find out the truth. isn't there a festival for red heads somewhere?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

Not sure if that helps any, but it says lighter eye colour is most common.

her hair is gorgeous!

My neice and my mum bith have red hair and blue eyes. I thought this was common. As a pp said, i thiught brown eyes would be more of a rarity.

Red head and blue eyes are actually becoming much more common even though red hair as a whole is dying out.

I can name tonnes of people with red hair and blue eyes. But I'm Scottish with an Irish partner. So it's the norm to me! But she's stunning.

My Sister in law has dark auburn hair, with piercing blue eyes. But her hair is like a rainbow. Every colour you could imagine is in it.

i love red haired girls so i feel truely blessed to have one.
I have dark brown hair and green/hazel eyes and her dad has mousy hair with blue eyes but it did used to be red. hes a strange on though! born with white hair then turned carrot orange! and now you can only tell he had red hair by his beard, the rest of it is dull mousey brown.

i would love to have another red haired little girl maybe with green eyes like mine, but i know that will probably not happen unless i mate with someone who carries the green eye gene lol.

It's brown eyes which are most uncommon with red hair, usually people with red hair have blue/green/grey eyes. I love red hair, DD looks like she might be red, really hoping so! Your DD is so pretty, and I love how you explained freckles, so sweet!

everywhere i look its says blue eyes are the most uncommon with red hair as they are both resessive genes and having two sets of resessive genes meet is as common as finding a four leaf clover (as a PP said)

hmm be good to find out the truth. isn't there a festival for red heads somewhere?

Blue eyes aren't a recessive gene they're a dominant one. The only one more dominant is brown but since it's rare to have a recessive hair colour gene (like blonde and red) with browb eyes they tend to have blue eyes instead as that's the nexr dominant. It's quite rare for instance to see someone blonde with brown eyes (looks incredible though)

Oh and your daughter is gorgeous her hair is amazing xx

Oh weird! It's been almost 10 years since I did biology so it could all have changed I guess :haha:.

That's strange I always thought blue eyes were most common with red hair I was actually thinking bout it not long ago as there is a chance we could have a red haired child and I could only think of red haired people I know with blue or green eyes I couldn't think of a red haired person with brown eyes so searched on it and found it was extremely rare to have brown eyes and red hair lol

I think maybe in general red hair and blue eyes is the rarer form off hair and eye colour, I believe brown eyes and brown hair is most common, but blue and red isn't the most rarest just rarer than blonde or brunette etc so could be why its showing as rare, I'm pretty certain red hair and brown eyes is one of the most rarest appearances.

Your LO is gorgeous!

Just thread through the thread, didn't realise red hair and brown eyes was uncommon! I have red hair and brown eyes haha! x

Riley has Heterochromia :) different coloured eyes. Though its hard to see now In some lights , it used to be so obvious x

Your lo is beautiful. My grandma had simular hair when younger and she told me her mum was constantly stopped to ask if they would go to hair dresses so that the women could have their hair coloured the same. My grandma had red hair and has brown eyes, my other grandmother was red hair with blue eyes. My lo is strawberry blonde and is like me changes colour with season, my lo has simular colour hair to mine, if you put ours nxt to each other its the same but due to how it lays hers looks like a bit more red gold tone, my los hair falls in beautiful ringlets to. Your daughter is really beautiful

Eleanor ace - lol i wasn't going by biology as that left my head the moment i left school :haha: i just put what i had read.

from a medical student website i read an article on the reason behind it being rare. - aparently most hair colours are genetically linked to certain eye colours because they sit on the same chromosone. with the genetic mutation that causes red hair the only eye colour that doesnt sit on the same chromosone is blue eyes.
lol they used an example of blue contact lenses and blonde hair dye. if you go on holiday and put them in the same suitcase then they will more than likely arrive at the same destination together but if you put them in seperate cases there is a chance one could get lost. same chromosone more than likely have those genetic, different chromosones less likely to have those genetics. - thats why its classed as rare or something like that! i can't remember i hav slept since yesterday :rofl:

the most common colour with red hair is grey eyes as the gene for this sits in the same cluster on the same chromosone or something. brown eyes is the least common but not genetically rare as they sit on the same chromosone, this being something to do with many moons ago and sexual selection with genetics or something

Really? that's interesting.. I never looked into it, but my brother has hair just like you described with blue eyes.. and my other brother is blonde on the top, but has a bright red beard with blue eyes. And my best guy friend has red hair (no blonde or brown though) and blue eyes. (I had to look at pictures of them to make sure I wasn't imagining it!)

I must have hit the red head lotto!

I also thought all red heads had blue eyes lol !! Both my little sisters do, the younger one has hair exactly like your daughter. The older one is more red :) but both are ginger.

might be a scottish thing though ?

I'm the only brunette out of all the siblings.

Blue eyes aren't a recessive gene they're a dominant one. The only one more dominant is brown but since it's rare to have a recessive hair colour gene (like blonde and red) with browb eyes they tend to have blue eyes instead as that's the nexr dominant. It's quite rare for instance to see someone blonde with brown eyes (looks incredible though)

Blue eyes aren't dominant, if you have a parent combination or blue and green there would be no chance of brown eyes and if brown and blue no chance of green, but with any eye colour combination there is at least a very small chance of blue because it can be hidden in the alleles. a dominant colour will display over any other. they used to think we had two alleles for eye colour, so the theory was green and brown would be dominant and blue recessive as its less common so you would need the blue gene in both parents for blue eyes and only one brown or green gene for the child to have that colour, now they've figured out that its way more complicated and though you can get blue eyes with any colour combination if someone in the close family has blue eyes. it is rare to have blues eyes if both parents don't. :flower:

My dad didn't actually believe I was his at one point because my eyes are blue and his are brown and my mums green, he later found out his dad wasn't who he thought and his real dad has blue eyes hence why I have them :)

My little sisters a rare one to with eye colour, both my parents have blue eyes which is quite dominant in my family and little sister has brown eyes

OP she's beautiful! I found this thread amazing because my Ivy is a red haired blue eyed girl! Whereas I'm red with grayish green eyes.

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/lhancock90/image_zpsed5d640a.jpg

Blue eyes aren't dominant, if you have a parent combination or blue and green there would be no chance of brown eyes and if brown and blue no chance of green, but with any eye colour combination there is at least a very small chance of blue because it can be hidden in the alleles. a dominant colour will display over any other. they used to think we had two alleles for eye colour, so the theory was green and brown would be dominant and blue recessive as its less common so you would need the blue gene in both parents for blue eyes and only one brown or green gene for the child to have that colour, now they've figured out that its way more complicated and though you can get blue eyes with any colour combination if someone in the close family has blue eyes. it is rare to have blues eyes if both parents don't. :flower:

My dad didn't actually believe I was his at one point because my eyes are blue and his are brown and my mums green, he later found out his dad wasn't who he thought and his real dad has blue eyes hence why I have them :)

That's interesting! My daughter is blonde and blue eyes but neither me or her dad have blue eyes, nor anyone in my family. But I think her grandad has blue eyes. :flower:

This thread was interesting. I'm a redhead with green eyes, but both my daughter and sister are redheads with blue eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->